Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Selling Up?

jason_l

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt aiming at anyone in particular just a general point really. I agree with you though that there is a demand for it no doubt about that at all. But I think the main reason is probably just the show off factor. Not saying that is wrong. Just saying practically it doesnt make much difference how many bhp's you have from 150 onwards. Sometimes I see a ferrari on the road and I just think to myself what a waste. Its restricted on a 70 mph road. Its like seeing a lion in a cage. :)

Most Ferrari drivers spend their time on the road going fairly slowly, bits fall of them at high speeds :shutit: I went on a Ferrari trip to Modena and out of 12 cars only 2 made it without something falling off or breaking down completely. Even the Ferrari mechanic on the trip was not suprised at the high failure rate.

Most 911 drivers don't go slowly because their cars are made properly!!

And you are right I am looking forward to "showing off" my car once finished. But in a sensible safe way, I am not a boy racer who will kill someone by using excess speed in a dangerous way on the public highway!!

I would have understood the obsession in Germany where there is no speed limit on the motorway, or if you were involved in motor racing sport. Dont understand it at all when it comes to having a car for daily usage. Maybe its just the show off factor?

I just like the fun of it, and get my biggest kicks from seeing the look on peoples faces in the passenger seat if I do decide to floor it for a few seconds - you can't put a price on that :D

Everyone gets their kicks different ways, have to admit I don't show mine off though - as anyone who knows me will attest it's rare I open the bonnet and rare I clean the car myself - although if it warms up I may give it the once over next week before I go in hospital to see what I can do with the swirls!

If it's just me though I can have as much fun in a tiny car with a little engine as it's something different, but my main reasoning for buying the Aristo was that I wanted more power than the IS I had at the time, and I'd just had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand and so an auto made more sense as I couldn't change the gear in the manual without many expletives coming to mind :lol:

I have many days I wish I'd gotten a diesel for mpg purposes as I was doing 80 miles a day for 5 months in mine - but that's not so much of an issue as it won't be my daily driver soon so then I can save it for special occasions at which point it will become a lot more fun again :winky:

The only thing that is making me think i should keep mine is that i think the IS will out handle the GS/Aristo and im going to have to spend alot to improve the handling to get it anywhere near my car. Where as my IS goes on rails and will soon be even better if i decide to get the arbs(although im not too sure if there is any point if im going to sell???). I may get the arb's and then decide i love the car that much more and keep it.

Although to be honest i didn't do too bad at the sprint day at Barkston Heath, i came last yes but if you campare my times with cars that have double the amount of power and i was 3/4 seconds off some of their times!

Jason :)

I have got to question that !

the first track day at Barkston prooved otherwise

Gord IS200 S/C......67.03

Dave Aristo.............63.56

Bazza Aristo............63.66

the results at the last meeting show that Gordon is no slouch, and I think many will back that up

as you know Barkston is a handling track, there are no long straights there !

yet the aristo lead by almost 4 seconds :whistling:

on a track which favours the smaller cars

:)

Jason, dont get a GS, you will regret it like I did, its a big soft motorway cruiser and handles like a boat on wheels.

The Aristo with a few suspension mods to stiffen it up is a different story tho ;)

The only thing that is making me think i should keep mine is that i think the IS will out handle the GS/Aristo and im going to have to spend alot to improve the handling to get it anywhere near my car. Where as my IS goes on rails and will soon be even better if i decide to get the arbs(although im not too sure if there is any point if im going to sell???). I may get the arb's and then decide i love the car that much more and keep it.

Although to be honest i didn't do too bad at the sprint day at Barkston Heath, i came last yes but if you campare my times with cars that have double the amount of power and i was 3/4 seconds off some of their times!

Jason :)

I have got to question that !

the first track day at Barkston prooved otherwise

Gord IS200 S/C......67.03

Dave Aristo.............63.56

Bazza Aristo............63.66

the results at the last meeting show that Gordon is no slouch, and I think many will back that up

as you know Barkston is a handling track, there are no long straights there !

yet the aristo lead by almost 4 seconds :whistling:

on a track which favours the smaller cars

:)

Ok maybe the Aristo can handle, but i bet Dave ahs spent thousands of pounds getting it to that level. The Aristo is obviously more powerfull and quicker in a straight line. If i do buy an Aristo i don't want to be spending too much trying to get it to the same level the IS is at the moment!

i still don't know???? But i have plenty of time to decide :P

Bloody hell was that your first go in the Aristo too Bazza?

yep, i had dave on the start line telling me what was what, still couldnt work out where the clutch pedal was :lol:

must admit i really do like them, they are a total wolf in sheeps clothing, all the refinements of a luxury car, but with all the power of a sports car

Bloody hell was that your first go in the Aristo too Bazza?

yep, i had dave on the start line telling me what was what, still couldnt work out where the clutch pedal was :lol:

must admit i really do like them, they are a total wolf in sheeps clothing, all the refinements of a luxury car, but with all the power of a sports car

Thats what i like about them is that most people think its a GS :shifty: I just don't know if i want to sell my car after i have put so much money and effort into it and have to start again, although i will have alot more power :shifty:

Choices, choices :shutit:

Jason :P

Aisto would be a good choice, but running costs will be fairly high, plus big bills if a Turbo goes,

however I'm sure Aido & Anees know loads more than me about the all over reliability & the

smiles per £££ ratios :D :D :D

I know I'd have one if the funds would allow.....

Aisto would be a good choice, but running costs will be fairly high, plus big bills if a Turbo goes,

however I'm sure Aido & Anees know loads more than me about the all over reliability & the

smiles per £££ ratios :D :D :D

I know I'd have one if the funds would allow.....

running costs would be higher, but depends on its use, off boost it can be quite frugal

standard toyota turbos are cheap and plentiful, and very reliable !

They run great, just a PITA for someone with limited knowledge of FI systems to troubleshoot - I have been doing a LOT of reading the past few weeks so I'm slowly starting to come up to speed with these nowadays!

All I know is that after having a ride in a single Supe a few days ago I want one of them :lol:

running costs would be higher, but depends on its use, off boost it can be quite frugal

I've got 4 in the shed now - need to figure out which are the best to get put on as my oil seals are on the way and then the other 2 I bought I'm having redone and then they're going on in time for summer :D

So in total I've got 6 - 4 ceramic and 2 steel :D

Mega!

I've got 4 in the shed now - need to figure out which are the best to get put on as my oil seals are on the way and then the other 2 I bought I'm having redone and then they're going on in time for summer :D

So in total I've got 6 - 4 ceramic and 2 steel :D

Mega!

Gready git! :lol:

It's not that - I thought I got a bargain with the J-Specs and then I got an ever bigger bargain for the UK Specs so thought sod it :lol:

Knowing my luck they'll all be duff :o

Whats the insurance like on the Aristo? What insurance rating does it have?

Off the top of my head it's a group 15 I believe? The insurers definitely see me coming :lol:

..:: Edit ::..

Actually it's not listed in the ABI database as having a classification - very strange indeed! I remember first time I insured it he was asking what the heck it was as they had it in the same group as some exotics?!

I thought 15 was the top one?

Standard they're listed as 280 due to the gentleman's agreement they had over in Japan, more like 320bhp in reality?

This could be why the insurance companies are pulling my pants down!

I feel like this bloke on the BBC website that was just pointed out over on LOC by BK9:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7816336.stm

Lol :) 20 is the top one. Its gotta be a 20. Dude you must have one hell of a premium!

It got even worse when I got 3 points :crying:

Saying that I looked recently and got some quotes under £800 which I was happy with! Saying that I tried GS300 and it came back under £400! It's good being old :D

Really going to try a load more this next time around though and see what I can get as hopefully circumstances will change so I can drop the milage quite a lot on it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links