Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Selling Up?

jason_l

The Soarers are lovely cars as well aren't they - nearly got one myself once!

Think there a great motor mate, been looking at them for a while now :)

Me to Chris :D but i keep looking at Aristo's too now :o

Yeh i know mate, that chap with the black manual one just wont drop his price ;) found a nice black one but its an auto and not sure i can do auto's :D

Jason have you thought about an IS300? They seem to be coming down in price at the moment? :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh i know mate, that chap with the black manual one just wont drop his price ;) found a nice black one but its an auto and not sure i can do auto's :D

Jason have you thought about an IS300? They seem to be coming down in price at the moment? :)

Thought about an IS300 but i think im going to look more into a scooby Chris, going for a drive in a mates next week :D :D :D

I think im going to try something new, the lex is only my second car! Who knows i may come back to Lexus at some point but i think for now while im young(ish) and not properly settled down with kids etc i think im going to have a bit of fun! Plus its 4wd so should handle well enough!

Jason :P

Thought about an IS300 but i think im going to look more into a scooby Chris, going for a drive in a mates next week :D :D :D

I think im going to try something new, the lex is only my second car! Who knows i may come back to Lexus at some point but i think for now while im young(ish) and not properly settled down with kids etc i think im going to have a bit of fun! Plus its 4wd so should handle well enough!

Go for it mate, like you say you only live once and when your my age you can have another lexus :lol:

Go for it mate, like you say you only live once and when your my age you can have another lexus :lol:

or 2 if your a gready git :lol:

:lol: :lol: Not used the red one for ages :blink: Got loads of bits for mine that i've got to fit at the moment and going to start fitting some of them in the morning? Just got to pop over to a couple of shops to see if i can pick up a couple of amps :winky:

:lol: :lol: Not used the red one for ages :blink: Got loads of bits for mine that i've got to fit at the moment and going to start fitting some of them in the morning? Just got to pop over to a couple of shops to see if i can pick up a couple of amps :winky:

Makes sense i guess to have one as a spare! :blink::lol:

What type of age scooby you thinking of then mate? if i remember the RA version was about a 1993/4 or did they do some newer ones in that model? :unsure:

Been looking at 96-99 models, the do some JDM RA versions in that year, little more money than the normal ones but they are lighter and have the small little roof hatch as well. :P Would love one in white, look well nice.

Been looking at prices for parts and they really are quite cheap for mods and standard bits, plus they do some nice carbon bits :shifty: bonnet, vents, boot, fenders :shifty:

Mate got back to me and im going round there on Thursday to have a look round his one and go for a drive, his aint up for sale but gives me a chance to look at one close up :)

What type of age scooby you thinking of then mate? if i remember the RA version was about a 1993/4 or did they do some newer ones in that model? :unsure:

Been looking at 96-99 models, the do some JDM RA versions in that year, little more money than the normal ones but they are lighter and have the small little roof hatch as well. :P Would love one in white, look well nice.

Been looking at prices for parts and they really are quite cheap for mods and standard bits, plus they do some nice carbon bits :shifty: bonnet, vents, boot, fenders :shifty:

Mate got back to me and im going round there on Thursday to have a look round his one and go for a drive, his aint up for sale but gives me a chance to look at one close up :)

The one my brother had was a Pro-Drive version and had a few extras fitted, nice pro-drive recaro seats, exhaust etc? his mate had one at the same time but couldnt touch my brothers on corners or going round islands so not sure if it had different diffs or something else fitted? might be worth keeping an eye out for them too mate? There are a couple of P1's round here in mint condition, one of them sounds like a jet fighter B) One thing i would do mate is, drive quite a few of them if you can and if you get one uprate the suspension bushes :winky:

The one my brother had was a Pro-Drive version and had a few extras fitted, nice pro-drive recaro seats, exhaust etc? his mate had one at the same time but couldnt touch my brothers on corners or going round islands so not sure if it had different diffs or something else fitted? might be worth keeping an eye out for them too mate? There are a couple of P1's round here in mint condition, one of them sounds like a jet fighter B) One thing i would do mate is, drive quite a few of them if you can and if you get one uprate the suspension bushes :winky:

Thanks for the advice Chris, not too sure if my budget can stretch to a P1 but we will see. Think the one i want is the RA, lighter, no stereo, rally roof hatch and i believe they have a different diff and also has no ABS (could get a bit scary)

Just found out that the Type RA does have different Diff Chris, has what they call a Driver Controlled Centre Differential (DCCD) allowing to vary power to front/rear of the car to a degree! Sounds interesting :shifty:

Just found out that the Type RA does have different Diff Chris, has what they call a Driver Controlled Centre Differential (DCCD) allowing to vary power to front/rear of the car to a degree! Sounds interesting :shifty:

Your making me think about it now mate :lol: Would love an EVO but there such a fussy car to keep running at there best :duh:

Your making me think about it now mate :lol: Would love an EVO but there such a fussy car to keep running at there best :duh:

Same reason im thinking about a Scooby Chris, would also love a evo but like you say well high running costs!

Some of the RA's come with a factory fit roll cage :) and have aluminium panels to keep weight down

Same reason im thinking about a Scooby Chris, would also love a evo but like you say well high running costs!

Some of the RA's come with a factory fit roll cage :) and have aluminium panels to keep weight down

Was having a nose on autotrader earlier mate, and there are some right bargains about at the moment :whistling:

Looks like i might be keeping the Lex!

Just got a quote on an Impreza RA, just under £2000!!!!! I have alot more respect for subaru owners now if they are paying that much for insurance.

Think im going to stop looking at cars now and just get on with the kitcar and maybe think about changing at a later date!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Just got a quote on an Impreza RA, just under £2000!!!!! I have alot more respect for subaru owners now if they are paying that much for insurance.

Think im going to stop looking at cars now and just get on with the kitcar and maybe think about changing at a later date!

:tsktsk: thats a lot of money mate :tsktsk: i've seen old subarus go for that price in the past few days :o I know my brother was paying aroung the £1000 mark when he had his and that was tuned :duh:

:tsktsk: thats a lot of money mate :tsktsk: i've seen old subarus go for that price in the past few days :o I know my brother was paying aroung the £1000 mark when he had his and that was tuned :duh:

Think im going to keep the IS for a little while longer now! I really had my mind set up on a RA and i knew the insurance would be the deciding factor, and the decision is im keeping the IS for the moment!

I have some new toys to sort out anyway, new custom front bumper, new rear triangle brace and new exhaust pieces to sort out.

Think i may just keep the IS then go stupid on the buggy, after all the insurance on that with a 1275 tuned engine is only £100 a year! and keep the IS for my daily driver and run it till she blows up!

Jason,

Just some more opinion for you to weigh up....

I went from an IS200 S to an IS300 two years ago (after my 200 was written off) and I couldn't be happier. Running costs/MPG/insurance are the same but you get that all important extra litre in the engine (I never ever get that "NEED MORE POWER!" feeling I used to have in the 200 when overtaking etc). Plus all those little niggles you're feeling about your S go away - sun roof/ amped stock H-U/full leather/alloy pedals+kickplates - all standard.

They're getting cheap right now (isn't everything) and they're actually quite rare.

The other bonus is that you could simply swap your favourite mods from your current car to the new one.

And then later down the road if you want to get some more HP out of the engine you can (see B15RUP's car) and take it further than you could with a 200 without engine-swap.

Food for thought.

Like I said in a previous post thats what put me off these cars, but my insurance came back with nearly double your figure lol..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links