Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo Help!

Hello! How u guys doin???

As u c in the thread, me and my friends have been breaking our butts off turboing my IS.. Mechanical side of things is all good and done, but i think there is something wrong with my wiring of the ECU..

We are running the Greddy emanage Ultimate. We have the car running with the base map from the pre-programmed basemap. BUT, it sounds like the cylinders arent running properly. Ive tried re wiring it and changed Ignintion timing and currently running at ignintion timig 1 5 3 6 2 4. and it does not show up with errors but sounds wrong. but when its running on normal 1 2 3 4 5 6 and it sounds a bit better.

Just needs to know wats up.. ive tried looking theu forums and ive hit dead ends. So please, if can someone help me that would be aweome.

The ignition wiring should be 15 36 24.

Can you down load the map and settings off the emanage and mail me them and i'll have a look if theres anything wrong in that?

Did you just using the wiring connections from the Emanage booklet? are all connections secure and soldered?

Also, what jumper settings are you using?

Stav

I'll c if i can d/l the map settings for it by 2morrow.

Ive done 15 36 24 but it still sounds like its backfiring.

Now with the wires, ive soldered all of them and checked them 5 times just be sure. What do u mean by the wiriing connections? do u mean the Wiring connection diagram for the 1g-fe factory ecu pin alocations? if thats what u ment, yes i did go from that diagram.

Thank u soo much for replying, and sorry for the late reply, me and a friend just turbo's my brothers S2K and finished it in one day! its running thesame Piggy back and its working properly. well sort of, have to get colder spark plugs tho..

Thank u again!

Now with the wires, ive soldered all of them and checked them 5 times just be sure. What do u mean by the wiriing connections? do u mean the Wiring connection diagram for the 1g-fe factory ecu pin alocations? if thats what u ment, yes i did go from that diagram.

Thank u soo much for replying, and sorry for the late reply, me and a friend just turbo's my brothers S2K and finished it in one day! its running thesame Piggy back and its working properly. well sort of, have to get colder spark plugs tho..

Thank u again!

Yeah i meant the diagrams at the back of the installation manual for the 1gfe.

Have you got the connections the right way round as well? as in the ecu/engine sides right? I.e. white striped wires to the standard ECU side and black striped to the ignitors?, red striped to the injectors and grey striped to the ECU.

Airflow as well Green wire to the ECU, white to the MAP sensor.

What jumper settings have you used?

Also have you wired the knock sensors or the air/water temps?

Stav

Thank u again!

welcome to LOC matey.

:offtopic: what sort of power u estimating from the turbo'd s2000??

Yeah i meant the diagrams at the back of the installation manual for the 1gfe.

Have you got the connections the right way round as well? as in the ecu/engine sides right? I.e. white striped wires to the standard ECU side and black striped to the ignitors?, red striped to the injectors and grey striped to the ECU.

Airflow as well Green wire to the ECU, white to the MAP sensor.

What jumper settings have you used?

Also have you wired the knock sensors or the air/water temps?

Stav

Yeah, ive checked that it is all going the right way, and so is the airflow, MAP sensor and cam/crank, angle sensors are all wired up properly. Now the Jumper settings.

JP1-6 is on 1to2 coz its on ADD only

jp7 is on normal

jp8 is on 12v instead of 5v

jp9 is open

jp10 1-2

jp11-12 open

jp13 open

jp14 open

jp15 1to2

jp16 open

jp17 open

jp18 open

jp19 1-2

jp20 1-2

jp21 open

Now another thing..**noob alert** How do i get the map settings thats on the ecu to be shown what settings they are at??? or should i just have print screened it???

Now the power output we are expecting from the S2K.. HOPEFULLY will make 180-220KW at the wheels.. i dunno that much about the power output stuff.. will learn more as i go and i'll keep u guys posted! hehehe

Thank u for the warm welcome!

Right.

Firstly i've sent you a Pm with my email address, just send the emanage file to me and i'll have a look over it for you.

Secondly; spotted a fault in your jumper settings:

Jp10 wants to be open not 1-2 (thats only for the skyline engine)

but thats not the source of your problems. I assume cause your using addition only you've just spliced into the loom rather than cut and joined inbetween? (though i dont know why, its better to have the ability to Add and subtract) the only reason IMHO you would only wire it as add only is if you were using the Emanage blue.

If thats the case then your correct to have jumpers 1-6 in position 1-2 but the problem *i think* (if everything else is as i've said) is:

Jp18, you have it set to open, which is for addition and subtraction. You need it on 1-2 which is for addition only.

Send me the file, but try that as well it *should* fix your problems.

Stav

Right.

Firstly i've sent you a Pm with my email address, just send the emanage file to me and i'll have a look over it for you.

Secondly; spotted a fault in your jumper settings:

Jp10 wants to be open not 1-2 (thats only for the skyline engine)

but thats not the source of your problems. I assume cause your using addition only you've just spliced into the loom rather than cut and joined inbetween? (though i dont know why, its better to have the ability to Add and subtract) the only reason IMHO you would only wire it as add only is if you were using the Emanage blue.

If thats the case then your correct to have jumpers 1-6 in position 1-2 but the problem *i think* (if everything else is as i've said) is:

Jp18, you have it set to open, which is for addition and subtraction. You need it on 1-2 which is for addition only.

Send me the file, but try that as well it *should* fix your problems.

Stav

EMAIL sent! Thanx for the help..

On another note.. maybe you can help me with this aswell..

Its worth a try.. The S2K.. It hits boost okay, but when it s'pose to hit Vtec at 6000rpm it loses power and seems like the boost is gone, and Vtec doesnt kick in properly.. Now thought it was the spark plugs getting too hott and the gap on the spark plugs but got a smaller gap and colder Spark plugs, now the car runs alot smoother but the same thing, it seems like that turbo and Vtec arent talking to each other.

Any suggestions? if not its okai..

Ohh, ill get some photos with the IS up for u guys. just some.. more later..

03012009001.jpg

22122008.jpg

• 6 years later...

I desparately need some info about Greddy E-Manage blue on a 1G-FE engine that has a turbo on it

I managed to connect the E-manage on the main harness.
I believe that the 1st dial (rotary switch) should be on 6 for 6-cylinder and the 2nd one on 4 (stands for Toyota-Pressure instead of Toyota-Hotwire or Toyta-FL) since it has a MAP.

Can you confirm those? Any idea about the 3rd dial and the jumpers?