Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Midlands Meet

Kazi

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem was the fact I was heading to Derby to fetch my kids so got recovered to Derby. I now live in Basingstoke and the quote to recover the car back from Derby is £400!! The local garage that normally do any work that I don't have time for have quoted a ball park figure of £600, just waiting for Lexus Derby price. If I have to do it myself, it needs to be in Basingstoke. All in all, the cost is looking prohibitive. Thinking of trying to pick up a cheap standard Mk1 GS (if I can find one) and swapping over all the mods and "Sport" stuff over and then breaking and scrapping the Sport. Difficult decisions :(

What happened in the end with this one mate or has the snow held up progress?

The problem was the fact I was heading to Derby to fetch my kids so got recovered to Derby. I now live in Basingstoke and the quote to recover the car back from Derby is £400!! The local garage that normally do any work that I don't have time for have quoted a ball park figure of £600, just waiting for Lexus Derby price. If I have to do it myself, it needs to be in Basingstoke. All in all, the cost is looking prohibitive. Thinking of trying to pick up a cheap standard Mk1 GS (if I can find one) and swapping over all the mods and "Sport" stuff over and then breaking and scrapping the Sport. Difficult decisions :(

What happened in the end with this one mate or has the snow held up progress?

No progress so far mate. Currently "between" jobs which is why the timing is a right tw*t. Hoping to have some more contract work coming up (fingers crossed) and seeing as standard GS prices seem to going up, I may well be in contact with Gord/Charlesworth to try and get the old girl back on the road.

Fingers crossed then fella, it's not too far from Derby, well I guess it's still over an hour but you know what I mean!

They've got mine at the mo and also doing an engine swap on an RX, not sure who's that is though?

forgot to reply to this thread when i got back.

was a great meet and excellent to see so many lexus all parked up. and a good variety of cars as well!!

some classy mods on show too and despite the weather everyone was in good spirit.

nice to meet those of you i haven't met in person before, and great catching up with the usual suspects, lol!!

look forward to the next meet :D :D

I to am rather disappointed that due to unforseen circumstances i missed such an excellent gathering.

However looking at the photographs i feel i would be rather embarrassed by the state of my transport.

How the hell do you keep your cars that clean!!!!!!.

I suspect it maybe a severe case of idleness on my part :whistling:

<--- This was the day i bought it and it has never been as clean since!

Just had a word with Steve from Charlesworth Motors for you, he can do it for you for £600 all in, including collecting your car from Derby and the parts to fix, including presure testing the head :D

Just sent you a PM Gord

Just had a word with Steve from Charlesworth Motors for you, he can do it for you for £600 all in, including collecting your car from Derby and the parts to fix, including presure testing the head :D

Just sent you a PM Gord

Cheers Gord. Car is being picked up on Monday (or earlier if the recovery fella can do it). B)

Just sent you a PM Gord

Cheers Gord. Car is being picked up on Monday (or earlier if the recovery fella can do it). B)

Your welcome mate :D

• 3 weeks later...

Picked the car up last Saturday morning. With the head gasket job and the worn front suspension arms they found, all in all, the bill came out to just shy of £1300 including costs of parts I sourced myself :crybaby: Good to have her back though and had the added bonus of meeting Gord while I was there. Good to meet you mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links