Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing Parrot Mki9200 Car Kit

it depends on your knowledge of the car system..

you would need to splice into the car loom for perm live -ve, ign live, mute and ilumination and then into the speakers on the front doors therefore bypassing the amp..

im currently looking into a loom for this..

a great but of kit though!

you would need to splice into the car loom for perm live -ve, ign live, mute and ilumination and then into the speakers on the front doors therefore bypassing the amp..

thanks for the help, sounds a bit tricky with the wiring, have a fair knowledge of it but wouldnt want to mess anything up if i wired something wrong, will see if there is anywhere that will do an install at a reasonable price

thanks for the help, sounds a bit tricky with the wiring, have a fair knowledge of it but wouldnt want to mess anything up if i wired something wrong, will see if there is anywhere that will do an install at a reasonable price

where are you getting it form and how much??

i may be able to help...

where are you getting it form and how much??

i may be able to help...

well i can buy it from parrot.ie for 220 euro or i can get it shipped over from the uk and with shipping it will be about 160 euro, so will prob get it shipped over, the Halfords idea is good, there is one just beside me

It's really easy mate, I installed my very similar car kit myself - if you get the autoleads mute cable, there's barely any splicing of wires involved, it's pretty much plug and play.

It's really easy mate, I installed my very similar car kit myself - if you get the autoleads mute cable, there's barely any splicing of wires involved, it's pretty much plug and play.

when you bought your kit did it come with the autoleads mute cable or did you have to get it separate and if so were did you get it?

I got it HERE, I think it was a bit cheaper at Sextons but another member had trouble with them not delivering for ages so I got it from here who delivered next day.

This was the cable for an 02 IS200SE with satnav, so if your car is different (either older or no satnav) I'd ring them up and check whether it's still the right cable for your car.

The only bit of wiring you'll need to do is that the autoleads cable comes with a Nokia 4 pin jack on the end and an audio stereo jack. I'm not sure what the Parrot kit comes with, but it's most likely an ISO connector (which is what my kit came with) so I needed to cut and solder these together. The breakdown of the wires is below:

Nokia 4 pin plug:

Yellow: Mute

Blue: Ignition sense

Red: +12V

Black: Ground

Audio jack:

Black with white stripe: loudspeaker +

Black: loudspeaker –

You'll also need a gromaudio aux (or some other aux) to make sure you can use the kit as an audio player too. Besides the splicing above, the rest is all plug and play so shouldn't take long at all :)

I got it HERE, I think it was a bit cheaper at Sextons but another member had trouble with them not delivering for ages so I got it from here who delivered next day.

This was the cable for an 02 IS200SE with satnav, so if your car is different (either older or no satnav) I'd ring them up and check whether it's still the right cable for your car.

The only bit of wiring you'll need to do is that the autoleads cable comes with a Nokia 4 pin jack on the end and an audio stereo jack. I'm not sure what the Parrot kit comes with, but it's most likely an ISO connector (which is what my kit came with) so I needed to cut and solder these together. The breakdown of the wires is below:

Nokia 4 pin plug:

Audio jack:

You'll also need a gromaudio aux (or some other aux) to make sure you can use the kit as an audio player too. Besides the splicing above, the rest is all plug and play so shouldn't take long at all :)

the grom wont be needed as the kit comes with its own in built amp and all of the controls, volume track etc are controlled by the unit remote..

it either needs a high/lo conversion before the amp or im sure there is a SOC lead that goes in after the amp direct to the speakers..

try autoleads..

the grom wont be needed as the kit comes with its own in built amp and all of the controls, volume track etc are controlled by the unit remote..

it either needs a high/lo conversion before the amp or im sure there is a SOC lead that goes in after the amp direct to the speakers..

try autoleads..

Oh fair enough, how do you switch between the car audio and this new audio source then?

Also you'll need the grom if you want it to all be plug and play though or is there another solution?

Nokia 4 pin plug:

Audio jack:

try autoleads..

brilliant, thanks for all the help, gonna check out all that now and see what the total price is, i got onto Halfords in newry and they will install it for free and i get a 10% discount for booking online and a 10% discount from work so if that works out cheaper might be the best option, working out at £160 at the moment not including the mute lead with Halfords

try autoleads..

Oh fair enough, how do you switch between the car audio and this new audio source then?

Also you'll need the grom if you want it to all be plug and play though or is there another solution?

when you play audio on the kit it mutes the oem radio just the same as if a call came through.

ther is a soc lead but im not sure which it is..

• 3 years later...

My misses WILL kick that off at some point if I mount it there...... :lol:

I thought about fitting it on the top dash where the tray is but I'm likely to retrofit OEM NAV next summer.

I'll have a look in the box if there are different mountings too.

Stuck it on the trim before (pict) but the trim seems to be one with the dash in the IS?

file-17.jpg

• 3 years later...

Just had the Mki9200 Parrot kit fitted to our Lexus IS 220D 2007. Fitted by Road Radio, £65 plus £22.50 for SOT leadsand a mic lead. Total cost £107.50 inc VAT. They have done a superb job. Display located in between centre vents. Get a professional to do it as the wires are tricky to do on a lexus due to thd positioning of the amp in the back. If wired incorrectly, it could start a fire in your car. A friend sued Halfords becauase they incorrectly wired a stereo in his alpha. The dashboard caught fire.  Cheers and good luck.