Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2009

Guest inicol63

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already in training. I've walked the dog everyday this week, keep this up and i'll be fit enough to compete in 2012 LOL

well maybe not in the footy game but all 18 stone odd of me would make a good anchor for tug of war lol

Sorry Cameron thats Wozza's place in the tug of war :whistling: , but you could go anywhere else on the rope :winky:

So come on John whas the word on the location?

And when are we doing our cleaning day?

Ian

I was over your way today Ian, only a flying visit though, will sort the cleaning day when it gets warmer B)

Still no date yet on the JAE forums. Some people seem to be getting a bit shirty with the organiser, which I think is unfortunate, because I imagine that no-one is more frustrated than he at not being able to announce the date yet ! Fingers crossed it is all sorted very soon now.

No updates since Monday now....

..:: Edit ::..

Actually I tell a lie:

I've been working with another venue but they're digging their heels in on some major issues, mainly around noise, access, financials, fireworks and long terms contracts.

Not great but not a lot I can do other than to continue pushing for some answers.

Sounds like he's having a nightmare to be fair!

Move it back to Billing and it's 30 acres :lol:

No updates since Monday now....

..:: Edit ::..

Actually I tell a lie:

I've been working with another venue but they're digging their heels in on some major issues, mainly around noise, access, financials, fireworks and long terms contracts.

Not great but not a lot I can do other than to continue pushing for some answers.

Sounds like he's having a nightmare to be fair!

Move it back to Billing and it's 30 acres :lol:

Only problem with Billing, it looks like its fully booked this year, for an event of this size.

They've got the AACI event on the 21-22 September cancelled now - we could nick that :lol:

We'll probably end up going on the 30-31 August and piggyback on that :o

Really does sound like Fuggles is having a mare though, guess this is half the problem - the other place cancelled that late everywhere else is already booked!

They've got the AACI event on the 21-22 September cancelled now - we could nick that :lol:

We'll probably end up going on the 30-31 August and piggyback on that :o

Really does sound like Fuggles is having a mare though, guess this is half the problem - the other place cancelled that late everywhere else is already booked!

Brunters for Jae :D

Would think MI would be up for some legal action for cancelling that late unless it was all done on a handshake

It may even be possible to ask RAF Cosford if it can be staged there the airfield is seperate from the camp and it stages its own airshow, the place is mahoosive

Looking at it mate it was Essex County Council who refused to let it be hosted at MI - I'd guess the people at Mersea aren't too happy either as it's quite a lot of money they're losing out on I'd have thought?

That RAF thing sounds interesting, may be worth popping a message to the fella who's trying to sort it all out?

Good job it ain't Billing - just saw this over at the MKIV forums:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=175076

Many Land Rover fans, and I include myself amongst them, have enjoyed great times at the Billing Land Rover show. It has been a charming venue and many of us have taken away some wonderful memories.

But the Aquadrome has gone downhill and is continuing to do so at a rapid rate. The ground hasn't been maintained for years. Crime - committed by outsiders - is a major concern on the camping fields. The infrastructure and facilities are shabby and broken.

When LRM took over the show in 2007, we were promised by the new billing management that major improvements would be put in place to ensure everyone's safety and movement. Unfortunately none of those promises have come to fruition.

To evaluate everyone's point of view we commissioned a market research company to undertake an investigation last year amongst Land Rover traders, campers and visitors to the show.

The results of this survey revealed a high degree of dissatisfaction among traders, campers and visitors alike with the suitability of Billing Aquadrome as an appropriate site for the major Land Rover show of the year. It's true that there's an affection and sentimentality in many peoples minds for 'billing' but, overwhelmingly, the venue is shown to lack what visitors want in one degree or another - the issues of theft of equipment and vehicles, violence and intimidation from outsiders, stinking toilets, unmaintained roads and grounds and uncontrolled access to the site all combine to rob Billing of the charm it once enjoyed.

There were a number of health and safety issues which also cause great concern. Last year a caravan caught fire and it was only the quick reactions of LRM staff who pulled the burning unit out, that saved a major accident - the crowded nature of billing makes this a real issue. A very young child fell into one of the many deep and fast flowing waterways that criss-cross the Aquadrome, but was fortunately rescued by a passerby. The bank cash machine at the Aquadrome entrance was ram-raided the day before the show began.

As organisers of the show, we believe it is just too risky to hold another Land Rover show at the Aquadrome. Without the necessary support that we sought from Billing management we cannot guarantee to traders that the ground in the show area will be in a usable condition in July; we can't reassure campers that they are in an environment that is reasonable secure and safe; we can't even assure day visitors that there will be anywhere to park when the Aquadrome begins to develop the site around the marina - construction will be in full swing in July and will severely affect vehicle movements in this already overcrowded site.

:o

Good job it ain't Billing - just saw this over at the MKIV forums:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=175076

Many Land Rover fans, and I include myself amongst them, have enjoyed great times at the Billing Land Rover show. It has been a charming venue and many of us have taken away some wonderful memories.

But the Aquadrome has gone downhill and is continuing to do so at a rapid rate. The ground hasn't been maintained for years. Crime - committed by outsiders - is a major concern on the camping fields. The infrastructure and facilities are shabby and broken.

When LRM took over the show in 2007, we were promised by the new billing management that major improvements would be put in place to ensure everyone's safety and movement. Unfortunately none of those promises have come to fruition.

To evaluate everyone's point of view we commissioned a market research company to undertake an investigation last year amongst Land Rover traders, campers and visitors to the show.

The results of this survey revealed a high degree of dissatisfaction among traders, campers and visitors alike with the suitability of Billing Aquadrome as an appropriate site for the major Land Rover show of the year. It's true that there's an affection and sentimentality in many peoples minds for 'billing' but, overwhelmingly, the venue is shown to lack what visitors want in one degree or another - the issues of theft of equipment and vehicles, violence and intimidation from outsiders, stinking toilets, unmaintained roads and grounds and uncontrolled access to the site all combine to rob Billing of the charm it once enjoyed.

There were a number of health and safety issues which also cause great concern. Last year a caravan caught fire and it was only the quick reactions of LRM staff who pulled the burning unit out, that saved a major accident - the crowded nature of billing makes this a real issue. A very young child fell into one of the many deep and fast flowing waterways that criss-cross the Aquadrome, but was fortunately rescued by a passerby. The bank cash machine at the Aquadrome entrance was ram-raided the day before the show began.

As organisers of the show, we believe it is just too risky to hold another Land Rover show at the Aquadrome. Without the necessary support that we sought from Billing management we cannot guarantee to traders that the ground in the show area will be in a usable condition in July; we can't reassure campers that they are in an environment that is reasonable secure and safe; we can't even assure day visitors that there will be anywhere to park when the Aquadrome begins to develop the site around the marina - construction will be in full swing in July and will severely affect vehicle movements in this already overcrowded site.

:o

Its just been posted on the JAE site as well.

Guest inicol63

Aido that a interesting quote your found there, but nothing been finalised as yet.

Thought that things would have been decided by now.

At this rate everyone will have booked there summer holidays before knowing the date......

Lets hope a decision is just round the corner...

The guys on the Japcarclub forum are just asking for an indication of the actual weekend so that at least people can start booking holidays as much longer and they won't be able to get the time off!

Just had a look over on the JAE forums, and still no real news. The organiser is still in discussions with one venue, and also talking to another as a backup in case the first falls through.

Posts confirm that it was Essex Council who refused permission for JAE to be held at Mersea Island again, after various complaints :(

Guest inicol63

The reason Jae got refused the pitch at MI was Wozza he made half of Essex deaf with his music volume :shutit: :whistling:

All jokes a side i thought it a great location out of the way, so really don't understand why we are not permitted to return.

Same things are taking so long to sort out as people are making other choices with there time.

You would of thought that the organiser would have given a month that they were looking at, or a couple of dates possibles so people had a idea, rather than what there done by saying nothing....

I don't know about the rest of you but my summer dairy is begining to fill.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links