Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen And Headlight Washers

Just a quick Question:

Say you got your head lights on and you clean your windscreen with your with your washers (on the Stick) does the headlight washers come on to....

There reason I ask, mine does and I only noticed it after fitting the HID Kit

:unsure:

Can someone confirm.....

Say you got your head lights on and you clean your windscreen with your with your washers (on the Stick) does the headlight washers come on to....

There reason I ask, mine does and I only noticed it after fitting the HID Kit

Think the headlamp washers should only come on when you press the headlamp washer button. At least, that's how it works on my 1999 model (or it should do, actually right now the headlamp washers aren't working at all).

i never noitced them b4 coz of the candel lights i had.

and then coz i've been working late i thought i saw them come on but wasn't sure. it's hard to see when your cleaning the window.

but saying that..... it only happens on the 1st clean and not after...i think

i never noitced then b4 coz of the candel lights i had.

and then coz i've been working late i thought i saw them come on but wasn't sure. it's hard to see when your cleaning the window.

but saying that..... it only happens on the 1st clean and not after...i think

i have to push the button to clean mine and i've just fitted a hid kit too.

mine is a 99 sport

My IS used to clean the headlights at the same time when you pressed the button on the stalk and the lights were turned on?

It used to pee a few people off as it meant that after you'd spent all day cleaning your car if you had the lights on and pressed the button the whole blooming bonnet would be covered :crying:

Maybe they changed the behaviour during one of the facelifts but mine was a 2000/X IS and that did it anyway fella :)

The earlier ones had a little button by the rear fog light switch, the later ones (from around 2001 onwards I think) do it automatically if you have the headlights on when you wash the screen - but I think they only do it every 2 or 3 presses of the windscreen washer. The change was probably to do with rules for HID headlights (with the IS being available with them as a factory option) which requires the car to have headlamp washers, and I think the rules require them to be automatic.

I have an IS 200 SE 2001 and have a seperate button for the headlamp washers (by the fog light switch - right of the steering wheel) - they have never come on unless I press this button - I know this because as an earlier poster said the headlamp washers practically wash the bonnet as well - lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links