Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Vsc?

Gus

Hello Friends!

Today when i was going to start my is to go home from work it failed to start the first time a pushed the start button and the display said "CHECK VSC" i think, im not 100% sure about if was VSC or VLC. Has anyone seen this or know what it is? I cant access my usersmanual since i have my kids childseat in the front.

BR

Gus

oops my signature is not updated, my car is a is250 2006

My car is also a 2007 is250. two weeks ago I had the same thing come up on the display as I was driving.VSC means vehicle stability control. When the dealer checked it they said it was showing the oxygen sensor had a fault.When they had the car in to repair they told me that they had just received a notice from Lexus saying that if this fault showed up, they had to replace the ECU.This they did and my car is fine now. When it had the fault it still performed absolutely normally except for the display showing "check vsc" and a couple of warning lights as well.The dealer said if was ok to drive with the fault showing

Oddly enough, my car did the same thing on the same day... must be the time of the month!

No problems before or since, just one of those things. I'm not going to worry about it unless it becomes a persistent problem. That said, it might have just decided me on whether or not I renew the warranty!

• 2 months later...

Hi. This is my first post in the IS250 section. Changed from an IS300 to my IS250 SE-L '08 plate in February.

Anyway, I got the CHECK VSC warning up yesterday when I was about 150 miles away from home :crybaby: and called Lexus Edinburgh where I bought the car, to find out what it meant. They said to call the RAC and not to continue driving.

I looked at the handbook and as the warning appears to be for Vehicle Stability only, and as it was inconvenient anyway. I decided to drive home (carefully).

There was absolutely no difference to the engine performance.

So this morning after reading some posts on the LOC I'm wondering, do I call the RAC? or chance waiting until I'm down near a dealership?? The nearest being Aberdeen (200 miles). Edinburgh/Glasgow are about 280 miles away.

Must say this forum is a great source of information and I'm sure that some of the regulars out there can give me some good advice.

Well that's me sorted.

Two Oxygen sensors and ECU replaced.

That's got rid of the CHECK VSC, Traction control and Engine management warnings.Absolutely no difference to engine perfromance, and where the Vehicle Stability bit fits in...in God only knows!

• 2 months later...

when a fault appears in the ecu (in your case the 2 oxygen sensors and ecu) it brings on the vsc warning aswell. this is because the engine or other system isnt working as it should and so it shuts down the vsc as a precautionary practice. (if the engine or other system isnt working correctly, then it wouldnt be able to operate the vsc correctly as it needs the other systems to be in full working order to do so) hope that makes sence to you.

• 11 months later...

Recently had a bump in my is220, since the bump which cause no damage to my car apart from broken number plate, Check VSC warning light is on and lack of power to the engine. Could the ECU or oxygen censors have been damaged in the bump?

Regards Ian

• 1 month later...

I have just had same problem check VSC and engine went into limp mode aaaagghh. tried everything to get it clear no luck. Went to lexus Liverpool. They have confirmed that the catalytic convertor is shot. I have done 85500 with this car and so is out of warranty. Lexus have agreed to replace all relevant parts under the warranty as a good will gesture ( they have had to modify all new cats as they had a problem on originals but did not do a recall and have just waited for the problems to materialise.) Mine is a 220d on a 57 plate. If it happens to you dont take no for an answer its upto Lexus to pay.

I have just had same problem check VSC and engine went into limp mode aaaagghh. tried everything to get it clear no luck. Went to lexus Liverpool. They have confirmed that the catalytic convertor is shot. I have done 85500 with this car and so is out of warranty. Lexus have agreed to replace all relevant parts under the warranty as a good will gesture ( they have had to modify all new cats as they had a problem on originals but did not do a recall and have just waited for the problems to materialise.) Mine is a 220d on a 57 plate. If it happens to you dont take no for an answer its upto Lexus to pay.

i had same problem on my is 220d 07 plate. it had recently ran out of warranty. i was driving back to notts from cardiff when the vsc ight came on and was followed by the car going into limp mode. i was on the motorway so couldnt really continue as it was dangerous. managed to get off at next junction, phoned the AA they couldnt sort it so called out a pick up. they advised not to drive it. lexus arranged a courtesy car the next day through the AA (Top spec Merc) they rang me 2 days later and told me they had put a new cat on and changed the ecu no charge i didnt even need to ask. fantastic service yet again from Lexus Nottingham (thanks Louise)_which i why i have had 3 lexus models from them in the past 5 years and will continue to use them.....

• 3 weeks later...

The VSC light came on my 2006 Is220d yesterday evening(traction light & engine light), Im living in Ireland but my car is originally from Lexus Norwich, I dropped it into the Lexus dealer it has had its last 2 services in, they reckon it needs a new engine and they will do it under warranty as good will gesture!!! even though it was originally an English car, The mileage has just hit 70k miles. I'll keep you posted.

• 11 months later...

Check VSC and various light lit up on our dashboard on Sunday, rang our local Lexus garage, unable to see car until Thursday. I dropped the car off this morning, and just rang for a progress report, they said parts need to be ordered and would ring me back with more details! Our car is outside of Warranty, but going by replies on this forum it looks like Lexus may cover the cost - did anyone have this problem recently, and was it dealt with satisfactorily by Lexus??

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Check VSC and various light lit up on our dashboard on Sunday, rang our local Lexus garage, unable to see car until Thursday. I dropped the car off this morning, and just rang for a progress report, they said parts need to be ordered and would ring me back with more details! Our car is outside of Warranty, but going by replies on this forum it looks like Lexus may cover the cost - did anyone have this problem recently, and was it dealt with satisfactorily by Lexus??

Thank you.

I had the Check VSC a few months ago.....gone to Limp mode....40mph.....Hardly travel for an hour....Turning off the car, can let you drive normally for about 5 minutes or like 5 miles befor going to limp mode again.

After that Lexus asked for Euro 3000 for a catalytic converter. Grrrr very sad....anyway.... my local mechanic told me the diesel used in our country is not the best to find (durty) so we used a liquid in the diesel tank....like 100ml and can clean the diesel pathway. And so it did successfully. is been now more that 4 months and the problem is gone.....actually i use one dose of 100ml per month in my diesel filling. Important think to notify is that what all the above done i also opened my self the EGR VALVE and cleaned it. Guys it was 75% of coal surrounding the valve whole. Almost closed valve. I beleave EGR Valve need cleaning at every Service.

Note...after all these am not sure yet if the problem getting the car to limp mode is the Catalytic converter as Lexus suggested....and did not mansion warranty.