Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

**please Help** Navigation Help!

Ok guys just discovered this website, and I lvoe it, my name is Marcus...just turned 17 live in NY love the Lexus IS300 Its a beautiful car...as long as i stay on the honor roll in HS senior year my dad is gonna get me my Lexus IS300 no heres the question....first off...anything with electronics is easy for me to obtain my brothers best friend own an Audio/ELectronics shop in Brooklyn (Stereo Express) so installiation....and obtaining the electronics, or anything for my car will be cheap..now I love the IS300 but I dont think the one im getting has the navigation system :-( I told my brothers friend (Brian) I was getting a Lex IS300...so of course he knows us West Indian people love video systems in out cars so he has this device thingie that uses the stock navigation system but will allow me to plug in a DVD player or XBOX or whatever and use it on the stock nav screen...if y ou guys want to know more about it, IM me at GriffJr89@aol.com ill be glad to send you the website. The product works 100% for the IS300 but what I wanted to know is if my IS300 doesnt have a Nav, could i go to the dealership or someone and ask them for it...of course i iwll have to pay for it but I want the stock because it hides down in the console so basically I want to know if it is possible to obtain a stock Navigation system for a IS300 that doesnt have the ssssssssssssssssnav already installed....any feedback is welcome thanks guys and be safe...(sorry for the eaasy)

Ek' is right, you have to specify the sat nav system when you order the car.

In theory, it may be possible for your Lexus dealer to be able to obtain sat nav items, as presumably they would need to be able to do this if they were replacing parts of someone's faulty sat nav system under warranty. However.... you would need to find a Lexus dealer who was both willing and able to do this, and I imagine most Lex dealers wouldn't go there. Secondly, I imagine that even if you did manage to get hold of all the parts, installing them would involve major surgery on your IS300 :crying:

Sorry it's not better news - sounds like your best option is to start working on your dad to convince him to add the sat nav option when he orders the car! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links