Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Absolutely Appauling

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i had loads of not so nice fun this morning, the car just sat there spinning i thought i was going to get stuck completely as the snow had compacted at the front like a snow plough, where i had pushed it all i got to a tiny tiny raise in the road not quite a hill and that was it couldnt get any traction, then it started slidding backwards!!! i got scared then. managed to get the car from slidding backwards backed it into someones drive then set off to try and park it back at my house but couldnt even get back into my road so again had to turn round with it slidding all over the place, luckily managed to stay clear of the kerbs so the alloys are still ok, so then i had to turn round again and try going down the road instead i then slid onto the adjoining road luckily some matey had seen me and slowed down enough so i could continue sliding round the corner, then i just about made it to my mates house where ive left the car with 2 nearly bald tyres now!

and also a delivery driver has just crashed into the warehouse next to mine and hes completely mashed the wing off it, oops!!

We tried taking the Beemer out this morning and had to park it up 2 meters away :lol:

Problem is everything was thawing yesterday I guess so now we've got sheet ice under the fresh snow and we're proper fooked!

PMSL...... im still waiting for a post along the lines of.... "i crashed my car in the snow and ice and but i had the snow mode on, why did i crash"

its only a matter of time!!! what we need is a skidoo button that turn the wheels into tracks tranformers styleeee!

I park my LS430 in an under cover car park. This has a steep driveway going upto the road. I had to park my Nissan Micra driving school car in this car park as the driveway to the above ground car park was too steep and coverd in ice to get it up to it's usuall parking place. I got the Micra down the driveway to the underground car park without hitting or killing anything but sliding all the way down. Couldn't get it back up though as there is no snow setting for it's automatic gearbox. No matter how gentle you were with the accelerator pedal, it wouldn't move. I then had a go in th Lexus. You would think that 2 tonnes, and a steep driveway covered in ice that I would have no chance. I just stuck it in drive, no snow setting, traction controll on and it went up the steep driveway with no skidding. It felt alot safer than the Micra did in the snow. Perhaps the more weight you have the better it is. I also have the Michelin Piolot Sport tyres on the LS as well so perhaps that has made a difference.

Jim.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't even imagine how hard it would be to drive in snow with high performance tyres fitted. In Sweden it's illegal to use summer tyres between December 1st and March 31st. I use Nokian Hakkapelitta 5 (and Hakkapelitta RSi) and my IS200 goes steady as a train. Quite a lot of people meet up in the weekends and go racing on frozen lakes.

Driving on a frozen lake is the definition of AWESOME...

i am just jealous :crybaby:

I can't even imagine how hard it would be to drive in snow with high performance tyres fitted. In Sweden it's illegal to use summer tyres between December 1st and March 31st. I use Nokian Hakkapelitta 5 (and Hakkapelitta RSi) and my IS200 goes steady as a train. Quite a lot of people meet up in the weekends and go racing on frozen lakes.

Driving on a frozen lake is the definition of AWESOME...

i am just jealous :crybaby:

It's a lot of fun, but you need even better tyres to go fast. At some meets you can borrow ice racing tyres for your car.

Here's a friend of mine

86214-1188963.jpg

86214-1186012.jpg

92241-1195637.jpg

Ice racing tyres :o

Didn't even realise there was such a thing but that looks awesome!

They are narrow and full of spikes. You do not want to end up under them :)

5042710469wp8.jpg

5013176849mx7.jpg

You can also get ice tyres for crotch rockets. That has to be scary :P

gsxicebikewn1.jpg

Very scary until you get used to the feel I bet.

I suppose so, but you get used to it the first winter when it gets cold and snowy :)

Looks like a lot of fun :D

They are narrow and full of spikes. You do not want to end up under them :)

Lol, I don't ever want to end up under any set of tyres, but yes those ones are probably even worse! :P

I was only wondering to myself the other day why didn't they make tyres like this for ice - and turns out they do looking at your pics!

I'm guessing you don't watch any rallying? Every time they're on an snowy/icy rally they use these tyres :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, i jusy enjoyed reading you going on about driving in the snow, i love it myself!!! I was driving in to work everyday in the snow in my old MR2 MK1, so you can imagine what that was like in the snow, sideways at every corner!!! :winky: :D Only owned my is200 for a couple of weeks havent had the chance to play in the snow as its all gone now, will have to wait till next year i guess!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links