Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Courtesy Light

Remember I'm a new lexus Is200 owner so this might seem silly but I havn't got a clue. :P

In every other car I've had there's a selector switch so you can choose if the interior light comes on when you open the door. I may be dense or something but I cant find this on my car :(

The ignition barrel lights up but not the courtesy light.

Is it not the flick switch up where the light actually is? Can't remember if there are two or three positions?

Think it's always on, on when the doors are open, and always off?

It's been a while though!

Ah, right. My car has a fold down screen behind the sun roof, which dosn't work as far as i can tell, guessing a dvd player is needed for that, but on each corner of the unit is a light. So are these the lights that should come on when the doors open? There are two buttons, one which just looks like a light and one which is a car with the doors open, both currently do nothing so I suppose there's something wrong there.

I thought this was an aftermarket addition.

yeah i have a screen mounted there too. still need to wire this up to the interior light loom.

gets very dark when you get into the car at night.

anyone know what wires are what?

i might take mine down to see what colour wires are in the new screen and ask you guys wht wires go to what.

Just quickly looking.

Theres a few wires going to the light cause the sensor for the unlocking fob is there as well but the Red wire and Blue and yellow Wire are the two for the door courtesy light.

then the white with black is ground and the green, and green and orange, are for the sensor.

Stav

I have no idea why to be honest, it would be really useful if the front light came on too when you open the door.........I assume it wouldn't be too hard to change but I can't be bothered, and I guess I don't really care :blush:

Just quickly looking.

Theres a few wires going to the light cause the sensor for the unlocking fob is there as well but the Red wire and Blue and yellow Wire are the two for the door courtesy light.

then the white with black is ground and the green, and green and orange, are for the sensor.

Stav

Cheers bud, those colours are right, The snag I hit was that the switched wire for the doors actually is off when the doors are open and on when closed, the other way around to what you'd normally expect, the lights on the tv screen didn't support this so i've fitted a normally closed relay. Used the permanent live and the earth to power the relay, and the switched wire to change the relay and switch the lights on. I couldn't see any other way of doing it without using the original dome light.

Does any one have one of these hanging about?

Hmm sounds strange,

The blue and yellow wire should be live all the time, and the red is effectively an earth when its that way (though when you switch it to permant on the red is the live and the other contact the earth)

Basically you want it so the blue and red attached to each side when you want it to come on with the door, the earth replacing the blau when you want it permanant on.

So the red always to the bulb.

then from the bulb to the switch, and it switching between the blue and yellow, and earth.

Hope that helps.