Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Thread About Supercharging

Lets assume we have a 2002 IS200 SE auto, with 50.000KM (or 30.000K Miles) and we love it although due to sparse gearing of its 4 speed overdrive transmission and the low-output-in-low-rev engine we are disappointed of its 0-60 time.

because i use this car everyday i need

1) Reliability

2) Reasonable Consumption

3) Everything working right (no vvt-i disabled or temperature/mpg dials now working in dashboard)

4) +30-40 Bhp (and more torque especially in 3000-4500 rpm range)

I believe that the exceptionally expensive and hard to find TTE Kit can do the job, but is there any other mod that could do the job as well?

Lets assume i can find an eaton M62 at a bargain price, i am extremely worried about ECU settings, i want my car to work like it was stock-smooth, is that something that can be achieved?

Thanks in advance, chris

0.3 bar is a relative low pressure and that's good why i minimise engine strain and the possibility of engine damage.

Is there any estimations of bhp gain and the possibility of engine knocking due to increased compression?

i spend the last night searching and i found your post

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=49569

isn't there any possibility of doing custom plumping?

Lets assume we have a 2002 IS200 SE auto, with 50.000KM (or 30.000K Miles) and we love it although due to sparse gearing of its 4 speed overdrive transmission and the low-output-in-low-rev engine we are disappointed of its 0-60 time.

because i use this car everyday i need

1) Reliability

2) Reasonable Consumption

3) Everything working right (no vvt-i disabled or temperature/mpg dials now working in dashboard)

4) +30-40 Bhp (and more torque especially in 3000-4500 rpm range)

I believe that the exceptionally expensive and hard to find TTE Kit can do the job, but is there any other mod that could do the job as well?

Lets assume i can find an eaton M62 at a bargain price, i am extremely worried about ECU settings, i want my car to work like it was stock-smooth, is that something that can be achieved?

Thanks in advance, chris

Have you tryed to contact TTE in Germany ? they still have some TTE kits for sale :D times are hard at the min, send them email and offer low price, see what they say :winky:

Your after the same effect as i am. I hav the same "success criteria" as you do. you've come to the right place. these guys will help you with all the information you need.

you're asking the same questions i did when i started. Seeing as i'm about 80% done with purchasing let me tell you what i'm been thru so far.

1. locating a mercedes m62/supercharger. i suggest to try to get this first before u go buying all the other stuff. you don't have to get a merc charger, but it would make things alot less complex if you plan to buy everything else from TTE. they pop up off and on eBay over here (the US) so shipping it was free for me but that is the only advantage about being on this side of the atlanitc when it comes to this.

2. all other TTE stuff. even though the kit is discontinued, they still have some of the componets in stock. So far i've ordered most from tte, (piping, etc) though u don't have too, u can do alot yourself if you know a good fab shop. Besides, shipping these items from Germany to the US costs alot so I chose to have the throttle body adaptor custom built. some parts are harder to fabricate cause the info is not readily avaible but Chris and i are planing and project as we speak that would make at least the TTE cradle dimensions alavaible. As soon as we're done we'll post the findings

so to sum it up based on my experience so far i chose this;

Intercooler/merc charger/ tube adaptor. all bought/modified/built locally

shipped from TTE

AM 27927 tube, I/C to inlet manifold

AM 27958 cable, compressor bypass spare

AM 27939 tensioner belt

AM 27935 pulley

AM 27963 support compressor bracket

AM 27928 tube compressor to I /C

AM 27959 housing, compressor outlet

AM 27966 extension,P/S cooling tube bracket

AM 27929 valve, assy, bypass, cable operated

AM 27964 stay, compressor bracket

Trying to build

AM 27717 bracket, compressor

AM 27930 housing, bypass to compressor

Still to buy

AM 27936 ECU extension

AM 27960 bracket, airfilterbox

AM 27931 housing, airfilterbox

the "still to buy" section are those parts that can be subsituted. The ECU for example, TTE's price is the same a buying the eManage ulitmate over here, so i can get alot more features for the money but the tte unit is easier for a novice like me to install. also paying a pro to configure the emange may not make it worthwile but i'm still thinking about it. Prolex has a neat induction kit that works instead of the airbox that will give some more power but it will be louder, not something i really wanted (extra noise) but at the price its hard to ignore.

then you can always turbocharge instead, you'll still keep the lexus features working but that is another story...

So from one noob to another, feel free to ask these guys, they know their stuff.

i am not rushing it, i am very patient to do the right job and at the right price. But i am happy to hear that it can be accomplished without the car losing its every day character.

i did some air-flow maths (i am a civil engineer and my master is about fluid hydraulics) that seem to confirm what we already about electric turbos (and why they will never work because they need to many many amps to actually push enough air at enough pressure) and mechanical compressors power consumption from the crankshaft...

Another interesting calculation i did is about the cross section of ram air (yes that thing your car had over the engine when you bought it, before you do all those crazy mods B) ). If looked very small but its actually bigger than needed! And doing 40km/h (24mph) per 1000rpm (fourth gear auto) needs only 20 square centimeters (thats 3.1 square inches for the S.I. impaired -_- ) and it achieve can some 0.015 - 0.02bar in top speed.

seecarr11 what was the cost of all "shipped from TTE" and "trying to build" section?

What is the need of a compressor bypass tube/valve in a compressor that never shuts down?

Edit: are those plumping kits of any use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-TURBO-...bayphotohosting

Edit #2 (as i googling)

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/product_inf...oducts_id=15690 4800pounds = about 5200euro which is not a bargain but far less than the 12000euro greek price. Are there any similar but cheaper complete kits?

• 1 month later...

lexus gr i didn't see your response so sorry about the delay. i'll get all my bills so far and post the cost before the end of the week. i'm shipping to the US so i expect it to be more than what you would pay.

/stupid theoretical question mode: ON

Lets assume i have a TTE/rotrex Charger:

Is it possible to install thicker gasket in order to reduce compression so you won't need premium unleaded?

Is there any point in installing a bigger intercooler for the same reason?

Why? would be the first question.

you dont need premium petrol with the TTE kit, and if you had the rotrex you'd need a mappable ecu, so just have it mapped for normal fuel.

you are supposed to run no lower than 98-99 RON fuel with the TTE kit

Why? would be the first question.

you dont need premium petrol with the TTE kit, and if you had the rotrex you'd need a mappable ecu, so just have it mapped for normal fuel.

you are supposed to run no lower than 98-99 RON fuel with the TTE kit

Fair enough for optimal performance, but it certainly runs on normal fuel, as a fair few members will testify i'm sure.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links