7 replies to this topic

#1 Arjinder

Arjinder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Lexus: IS200

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hi im new here so sorry if this has already been posted before. My IS200 is the standard spec with sat nav (no amp) anyway the headunit im guessing powers the sat nav, my head unit makes 3 beeps then powers off and all the sat nav keeps reading is "check CD-ROM" when i put the cd for the sat nav in it loads up goes through the instal set up then goes back to "check cd-rom" :tsktsk: at this point the magic 3 beeps come and power off the head unit and sat nav. so now the OEM head unit picked up that annoying Error 3 message. :ohmy:

Just wondering if there is a fault with the HU does that mean that there will be a fault with the Sat nav?

And has anyone had this problem the "check cd rom" thing???

i really wont the navigation to work.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 janey

janey

Superdooperwonderfulcool

• Global Moderator
  • 2,365 posts
  • Lexus: 2004 TRD MSB Vitz

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

Hopefully This thread should help you - & hopefully some of the guys who have had similar problems should be along to help out too

Ohh and welcome to LOC :D

#3 DJ Wozza

DJ Wozza

Endangered Species

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Welcome to LOC mate.

Problem 1.
You will need to wait for a Navigator owner to help here mate, but I believe the CD-ROM disc itself or
the CD-Rom Drive in the boot is at fault. Is the disc dirty in any way or damaged ? You may well need
to purchase an updated CD-ROM disc which probably won't be cheap........

Problem 2.
The ERR3 issue has nothing at all to do with the Sat-Nav problem (other than it isn't working :crybaby:).
It does however mean the OE Head Unit is ready for the bin. All is not lost however, as you can replace
the Head Unit with a Single or Double DIN aftermarket one, and get a module from E-Bay
to keep the Sat-Nav functioning, but only if you get to the bottom of problem 1 first. You will need this
module as the cars amplifier needs to be fooled into thinking the standard Head unit is still functioning
correctly to retain operation.
Alternatively you could buy a secondhand OE Head Unit with the same number by the cassette slot, but there
is no guarantee how long it would work for, and you are better off replacing it with something more modern
that will be more reliable......

I would suggest solving problem 1 first, as problem 2 is a relatively straightforward procedure.......
Janey's link above to Stevie's thread will help with lots of info.

regards

Wozza

Edited by janey, 12 February 2009 - 03:06 PM.
trading T & C's

#4 redz_UK

redz_UK

Lexux TRD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Name: lex
  • Lexus: IS200 Sport Navigator
  • Year: 1999

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

depending on location i can help you try another disc..

failing that you can always convert your screen..

#5 Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Lexus: 3S200 GTE

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Edited:

Breaking trading T & C's

#6 bobbyx

bobbyx

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Lexus: is 200 sport 52 reg

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

You may well need
get a module from E-Bay
to keep the Sat-Nav functioning, but only if you get to the bottom of problem 1 first. You will need this
module as the cars amplifier needs to be fooled into thinking the standard Head unit is still functioning
correctly to retain operation.

Can the OEM sat nav Definatley work with an aftermarket stereo? Will I loose voice guidance do you think?

If the OEM sat nav can work with aftermarket stereo what are the correct wiring looms I need as there are a few models?

I have IS200 sport with sat nav likely I believe to have built in amp as well.

Im not not bothered about loosing voice guidance. If this works I want to then install a whole ice system with aftermarket amp running fresh wires through the car and just unplug factory wires from speakers then I want to replace the speakers aswell is this viable. I have done plenty of car audio installs just have'nt tackled an is200 with sat nav

Please help

#7 sparkystav

sparkystav

Outlawed member?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,411 posts
  • Lexus: 2001 IS200 Sport 1ggte Turbo

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

If your planning a full install with all the speakers running through amps then you only need the Fargo Satnav box.

there is a live, switched and earth signal in the original plug behind the stereo.

And i believe in the fitting instructions fargo sends you with his box it covers this scenario.

Stav

#8 Asi

Asi

Asmat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,560 posts
  • Lexus: IS200 CHARGED.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

i have the instructions if you pm me your email would email you them. going to buy the box myself. i am keeping the standard speakers just changing head unit

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have