Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2009

Bazza

MEGA!!!

An email has gone out this evening containing the following information. If you do not receive it please let me know and I will check my database. I must thank everyone for their patience and understanding and hope the changes have made it worthwhile. I know some clubs have a clash with this date and hope that we will see you in 2010. The date change thing is to try and get better weather and, certainly for 2008, it seems to have worked.

There will be an organisers meet but details of that nearer the time.

Thank you

John

Well, what can I say? After some delays waaaay beyond my control we at last have not only an exciting new venue but have stuck with the show being late in the Summer. Well, after the fantastic weather in 2008 what else could we do?

The date wont be to everyone’s liking and I apologise that some clubs will probably already have things arranged that clash. But let’s hope the new venue is even better than last year – if that’s possible! – and that everyone will want to stay with the new venue and enjoy another fantastic JAE.

We have taken all the good things from 2008 and kept them but have now added even more for you to do! If we can keep the weather (minus the midges) we should have a really great show.

The date is now Friday 11 September to Sunday 13 September with Thursday open for clubs who want to get there early and set up. Thursday will be an all ticket affair however to prevent too many gatecrashers and let the club people do their thing and get everything organised. By the way the 10th is my birthday so make sure you bring lots of presents if you’re coming early! J

The venue is now Wicksteed Park, after M.I. and another venue found they could not accommodate us. Wicksteed is a fantastic venue and has a lot to offer (http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/default.aspx):

* Lake

* Go-kart oval

* Fully stocked fishing lake

* Fairground

* Roller coaster

* 18 hole crazy golf

* Putting green

* Playground for younger children

Add to that all the things we have arranged for you:

* Five-a-side football

* Tug of War

* It’s a knockout competition

* Easing competition

* Karaoke

* Band

* Disco

* New and much bigger show n shine!

Then add the new stuff that we are still working on and this promises to take JAE to yet another level!

Booking forms will be available on line very soon and will be emailed out to you. But until then just get it in your diary, book the time off work and start organising your club stands!

And for anyone going on the Thursday there's this:

The Way We Were - 2009 Daytime Show - A nostalic musical journey through the 1950's and 1960's. From Buddy Holly to The Drifters, from Rock N Roll to Mowtown and from Blue Suede Shoes to Mini Skirts! Come and relive the magic!!!

The Way We Were - 2009 Daytime Show - A nostalic musical journey through the 1950's and 1960's. From Buddy Holly to The Drifters, from Rock N Roll to Mowtown and from Blue Suede Shoes to Mini Skirts! Come and relive the magic!!!

Gord should feel right at home :lol:

And for anyone going on the Thursday there's this:

and one for you mate on the same night !

Ceroc Freestyle nights are held in our Pavilion Ballroom. a fusion of Jive and Salsa dancing which is easy to learn, sociale and fun

Seems to have some good facilities for you all anyway

Get yourself down mate, I promise I won't get drunk and try and clingfilm you this time :P

Well, I won't clingfilm you but I will get drunk, you know what I mean :D

Guest inicol63

Chris S

Not sure what happened with you, but time moves on and your a member of the club.

So get your dam name down you no you want tooooo..

Life is to bloody short and you can always stay away from certain people if that the problem....

Lets get the plans rolling.....