Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Superchargers - £2100 - In Stock At Prolex

aido

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you fitting the engine yourself then?

nope....have no idea or the time to that. going to get prices tommatow or monday.

i was also wondering aido which would you do??? altezza engine or superchrager

thanks

If you're happy to stay at around 200bhp I'd go with the charger mate - for a garage that's never installed one you're looking at a day, maybe two. It's plug and play and reliable - I did over 30k miles with mine and the only issue was that it needed a new belt as it started slipping at a cost of less than 20 quid I think it was.

But if you're wanting to get more out of it, I'd have to say go down the 3S-GE route mate, just be warned the labour costs would erode the price difference very quickly I'd have thought - I'd recommend you PM Yeldarb and ask him what sort of figures he's paying for his conversion as that will give you an idea as the work is pretty much the same I'd imagine except they don't have the turbos to hook up!

Have to admit though, money wise, if I was in your shoes I'd sell the IS and just buy an Altezza RS200 outright - it's more than likely the cheaper option and you'd have no worries about making any of the electronics etc work.

i would buy a rs200 but its hard to sell the lex now. wel i will pm Yeldarb and see how it goes and see if its worth it. if i am right a supercharged is200 would be quicker than a standard altezza engine

thanks

I believe it would be slightly torquier, however, a while back a few of the lads went on a track day and they found that a charged IS is pretty much identical performance wise to a standard Altezza and a standard IS300 :)

That would be another option - get an IS300 and look at modifying that as it gives the best base to start from IMHO.

They are a kind of investment :D

The guy who bought mine off me sold it for £500 more than he paid for it - so in essence it earnt him money! I sold at the wrong time I guess :crying:

With a lot of money thrown at it maybe mate. I wouldn't bother with an IS200 TTE SC.

It was at that point I jacked in and switched for what I've got now and almost doubled the bhp and probably more than doubled the torque!

You just need to look at what the likes of Stav, Yemgi and Lee_Iceman had on their cars and what they spent to get where they are.

You'd still need more mate, you could do bigger FMIC, induction, exhaust, decat, even then I think Stav was about 220, just looked at his profile but it doesn't say any more!

The 1G-FE just isn't built to handle much more boost than that safely and then that's where it gets expensive to get where Dave Reed and Adie are.

Yeldarb's car will be a good one to see :)

It's much better than standard mate, easiest way to describe it is that the car feels like it's 2 gears lower than what it really is, there's much more power available with these, definitely a worthwhile upgrade to any standard IS200 :)