Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 11-13th Sept 09

johnboy

I was considering going but the idea of luxury there and agony sleeping in a pissy little tent didn't do it for me. Thats why I spend loads of money restoring (sort of) my 86 wedge VW hitop campervan.

So if I went in that it would be silly as there is a massive VW rally this w/e

As it happens I have got most of the interior of the van out in the garden and I'm glueing new carpet lining on all the removable panels.

Its a lot of money for a day trip out too.

Its a conundrum so I'll stay at home and glue carpet.

I hope you find the others if they are there. Usually the organisers should know whether the branches are located.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked one of the organisers on the way in and they didn't know where the stand was. I drove past the Aristo club and saw nothing of the Lexus owners club. Absolutly nothing. Just one big empty space. I hope I didn't upset anyone.

Oh well, I had a cracking day anyway.

Be good,

Jim.

I am going to assume there will be another thread opened about this but i'll post it here anyway.

I went to my first JAE a few years ago and met quite a few people there and had a great time with LOC. I've now moved over to the aristo and as such i spend more time on the aristo/supra forums due to the tech posts etc and only look in here very infrequently. However believe it or not the recent upsets that have gone on within the club have been broadcast further than just this forum and from an outside or neutral perspective by not turning up or at the very least not having a stand when one was booked, the club has lost alot of face and credability.

Seriously, however this has started a line needs to be drawn under it and any further thoughts of retribution etc, be it by censorship or by verbally attacking anyone else should stop before they start. It was dissapointing not to be able to see what people had got upto with their cars and after so long away without knowing what projects had gone on i was quite looking forward to it, unfortunately it didn't happen.

I apologise to any of the LOC members that did turn up as i spent quite a bit of time under the hood of a supra rather than at the aristo stand so i wasn't there to chat with if you came over.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted for next JAE or before people see more politics than talk about the cars

it will not happen again...thats for sure.

im afraid i think it just shows what the club and some members have come too.

if those that dont like the club or how ever it is run want to go elsewhere then so be it....i say let them do the things they want to, the way they want to., and good luck.........But here is your choice, stay and play the game, or go and do whatever you want, elsewhere

as Austin said, a line should be drawn under this situation, and a fresh start made, those that want somewhere else to go, please do, your opinions are valid, but the club will be run just the same

those that want to see the club flourish, are more than welcome to stay

it really is as simple as that

so..., marcus says he is going with an old car club, when questioned, coughs up, that its a club he joined about 5 years ago, then aido, being straight down the line says no, marcus its OJC, then marcus agrees rather than saying....no ive been with LOC for years ill go with them.......strike one

why the **** is marsden still around.

(i made this post invisible straight away to point out some issues)

Hi to all you invisible members , i went to JAE , i turned up on site about 1:30pm on thursday and pitched my tent , no one else turned up , :huh: , on friday no one else turned up :huh: , on saturday no one else turned up so i moved my tent at about 6pm to a more populated area as half a footbal pitch with only me on it is just stupid , on sunday no one else turned up and i went home at about 2 pm , this is the biggest event in europe and i was on my own :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: , Dave

Hi to all you invisible members , i went to JAE , i turned up on site about 1:30pm on thursday and pitched my tent , no one else turned up , :huh: , on friday no one else turned up :huh: , on saturday no one else turned up so i moved my tent at about 6pm to a more populated area as half a footbal pitch with only me on it is just stupid , on sunday no one else turned up and i went home at about 2 pm , this is the biggest event in europe and i was on my own :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: , Dave

U should check your emails Mr Read !

U should check post number 1 Mr Ellen .

U should check post number 1 Mr Ellen .

That was pre exodus.................was told it was down to 1/2 cars yours being one of them needed to make sure :crybaby:

so why wasnt you on OUR club, you say my club...are you not a member.?

think he is winding you up Mat

not winding me up at all...

to me its very simple, if you dont like it here, **** off then

May be you should be more direct with them then :whistling:

That says it all really ...

Though unfortunately it seems to be not that simple. If people do go somewhere else (e.g. to another club) then they end up being responsible for any unfortunate things that happen to the first club (e.g. empty stands at JAE etc).

That says it all really ...

Though unfortunately it seems to be not that simple. If people do go somewhere else (e.g. to another club) then they end up being responsible for any unfortunate things that happen to the first club (e.g. empty stands at JAE etc).

Think its the way people are PM'd to get them to another club thats wrong...

In the past I've spent time on the Aristo stand then the next day gone to LOC which was my choice......was never PM'd by the Aristo guys

no, it is very simple.

people can be members of whatever club they like, but its the core trouble causers who are not welcome.

its the underhand way in which they feel they need to act, that grips my *****, coming onto these forums and seeing half the whining/moaning people getting there backs up over stupid silly issues baffles me.

not happy with the thankless task that those that support the forums put in....yet, at the same time never offering there services in a constructive manner

some of these people need to get out more and live your lives...its an internet forum, the common denominator is the brand of car, maybe if some people took there heads for a ***** and dumped that ego they carry around then the place would be a far happier place

as i have said, if you dont like it here, and you wish to continue undermining the way the club is run, then **** off, as i dont want these people around, and from now on will do what ever i can to get rid of them....fact

now roll that one up and smoke it!! :winky:

no, it is very simple.

people can be members of whatever club they like, but its the core trouble causers who are not welcome.

its the underhand way in which they feel they need to act, that grips my *****, coming onto these forums and seeing half the whining/moaning people getting there backs up over stupid silly issues baffles me.

not happy with the thankless task that those that support the forums put in....yet, at the same time never offering there services in a constructive manner

some of these people need to get out more and live your lives...its an internet forum, the common denominator is the brand of car, maybe if some people took there heads for a ***** and dumped that ego they carry around then the place would be a far happier place

as i have said, if you dont like it here, and you wish to continue undermining the way the club is run, then **** off, as i dont want these people around, and from now on will do what ever i can to get rid of them....fact

now roll that one up and smoke it!! :winky:

may make a few cough me thinks :whistling:

it will not happen again...thats for sure.

im afraid i think it just shows what the club and some members have come too.

if those that dont like the club or how ever it is run want to go elsewhere then so be it....i say let them do the things they want to, the way they want to., and good luck.........But here is your choice, stay and play the game, or go and do whatever you want, elsewhere

as Austin said, a line should be drawn under this situation, and a fresh start made, those that want somewhere else to go, please do, your opinions are valid, but the club will be run just the same

those that want to see the club flourish, are more than welcome to stay

it really is as simple as that

matt you know what they say, about a "fresh start" you should all ways start at the TOP :winky: i think if the club makes there members feel welcomed then they would turn out for that club, but how can they when you have LOC mods talking to its members the way they have been in the past months, and what are members to think when they see (you the owner of the club turning round and saying if you dont like it then F**** off) im sorry but you should never talk like that to your members as with out the members you dont have a club!!

i went to JAE this year with OJC as i was made to feel welcomed,

my understanding LOC mods did not turn out for the club, !!! why was that?