Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Tell If A Car Has...

This may sound like a silly question but as I have never driven an IS250 with MM and ML sound system, I need to know!

I am going to view an 08 plate IS250 in a few days at a non Lexus dealer. It has a screen in the dash.

I spoke to my lexus dealership who said that if it has a screen, then it automatically means it has MM and SatNav. Is this right? Also, is there any way of telling whether it has the ML sound system too?

Screenshot of car's console attached.

Can anyone advise me what to check for please? TA!

post-25403-1234737384.jpg

Yep until 09 it all came as one big lot called the multimedia package, which included satnav, ML sound, DVD changer, rear view camera, etc. So the dealer's right, if it has a screen it has the lot.......

It's only the 2009 facelifted cars where this has changed slightly, and yes car's with ML say Mark Levinson on the stereo :)

Cheers! Me too! It is an 08 plate 250SE with <6000K on the clock. It could be an SE-L but I don't know as I have yet to see it though (how would I tell that anyway?)

Price: £14500

Really hoping this is the car as I have been looking for 3-4 months.

:)

Cheers! Me too! It is an 08 plate 250SE with <6000K on the clock. It could be an SE-L but I don't know as I have yet to see it though (how would I tell that anyway?)

That's quite a good price if it has MM as well, is it manual or auto? I'd be really impressed if it's an SE-L auto............SE-L has front and rear parking sensors, Xenon headlamps, rear sunblind, illuminated sill plates, memory seats and probably a few other little bits on top :)

That's quite a good price if it has MM as well, is it manual or auto? I'd be really impressed if it's an SE-L auto............SE-L has front and rear parking sensors, Xenon headlamps, rear sunblind, illuminated sill plates, memory seats and probably a few other little bits on top :)

It is auto. Having read your post, I suspect it is simply an SE (boo!) as I have a picture looking in through the passenger door, and I can see manual seat controls on the passenger seat. Unless of course the electric seats apply only to the drivers side?

Also need to find out whether the trim is broken in the passenger footwell as it looks as though something is coming away...

post-25403-1234741725.jpg

It is auto. Having read your post, I suspect it is simply an SE (boo!) as I have a picture looking in through the passenger door, and I can see manual seat controls on the passenger seat. Unless of course the electric seats apply only to the drivers side?

Also need to find out whether the trim is broken in the passenger footwell as it looks as though something is coming away...

If it is an SE-L both driver and front passenger seats have memory. You will see 4 little buttons in line just above the electric window switch on each of the front doors. If these are not there, it is SE, not SE-L.

Enjoy the new car!

Cool. Fingers crossed it is an SE-L, but I am sure a car dealer won't have messed up that much. Thanks very much!

Morning. If the pic you have posted is one of the car that you are looking at, it is only the base model. Leather electric seats are standard on both se and se-l models. The se-l would also have a botton to adjust the steering unit on the left hand side. Sorry to burst your bubble!

As the others have said that's not an SE, it's a base model (so at least that explains the price a bit better)

Only difference between the Base and the SE is that the SE has electric, heated/ventilated leather seats (the SE has electric seats, they just don't have memory which is what the SE-L adds). Otherwise they're essentially the same except the alloys.

Only thing that concerns me is the knee airbag cover appears to be hanging down, I'd make sure to check that hasn't been set off previously..........

Thanks chaps. I took the pictures into my local dealership today. They also put the reg into their database, and confirmed the car is an SE, but also saw from the pictures that it has fabric seats, and also 16" alloys.

so something is rather strange here. I contacted the dealership selling it, and they were surprised at the revelation, but have agreed to reduce the price. However, I do want the leather seats, and would forgo the MM/sat nav over these!

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is! The old adage still holds true :-(

<insert expletive here>

How flexible are they on the price? Technically if they'll knock off a big chunk you could always get the interior retrimmed in leather if you're not fussed about the seats being electric........

Only thing that's a bit confusing is why it's an SE even on Lexus's database but other than that it doesn't seem bad value for money.........

They have said they will reduce the price, but not sure how far. As it is, I have walked away. The hunt continues!

Wise decision, don't look back. Imagine the hassle when you came to parting with it.

There's a straight one out there somewhere waiting for you.

Only thing that concerns me is the knee airbag cover appears to be hanging down, I'd make sure to check that hasn't been set off previously..........

The airbag warning light is on in the first picture...

No it was not a lex dealership - it was at hills motors in skelmsdale (sp?) - west of manchester

Have since found out the car was a 'category x' - apparently stolen and recovered after the insurance had paid out. But also !apparently no damage. Anyways... all history now - going to see a car at Lexus Lincoln tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links