Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diy - How To Remove Front Bumper?

so it happened to me, got hit :( two day ago I left my car on hospital parking near some crappy vehicle

and when back noticed scratches on the right side of front bumper (see attached photo) :angry:

Luckily, if there was any lack :tsktsk: , no dents or any mechanical damages are on the bumper

but part of paint is removed in some points deep to plastic. Plastic car parking sensor cap was affected as well.

(car needs to be dirty now, scars are less visible then, so appologise for not preparing it for photo session :))

post-20803-1236601359.jpg

now it needs rapaint. My plan is instead of taking all car to the garage and leave it for a couple of days,

remove the bumper myself and give it to them.

My question is... did any one of you removed it yourself or knows the answer how to do that, any tips?

I did some research on internet and found one picture describing, seems to be pretty simple:

post-20803-1236601825.jpg

...plus disconnecting the grill... fine. I have some experience in small lip removal, did it when changed it for spoiler - simple.

But what about parking sensors, are they attached to the bumper permanently, is it all about taking cover cap off?

I also wonder how to remove headlight washer.

I would be grateful for your help and any suggestions. I remember someone here on LOC had it painted and put clear bra (was it Tango?)...

Thanks for help in advance.

would be grateful for your help and any suggestions. I remember someone here on LOC had it painted and put clear bra (was it Tango?)...

Thanks for help in advance.

Hi Martin, yes mine's been removed for a respray, but it was using a armoured clearcoat (Ceramiclear) not a film bra. Sorry I cannot give any advice on the sensors and headlight washers as it was all done at the bodyshop.