Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Advice And Recommendations Here!

oilman

Hi all,

We have been invited by the club to offer any help and advise we can on oil etc.

If you have any questions on the oily stuff please post them here and we will do our best to help.

If you would like a recommendation for your vehicle please add the following info.

Make -

Model -

Year -

Mods -

Use (road/track etc) -

Hope fully we can be of some service here

Cheers

Guy

Hi, welcome to LOC.

What oil would you recommend for the following car:

Make: Lexus

Model: IS200

Year: 2000 (late)

Mods: None (well nothing mechanical, just cosmetic mods)

Use: Road (mainly dual carriage way/motorway/local driving)

This is a high mileage car (118,000 miles), so am I right in thinking that I need to start using thicker/high mileage oil? Currently use 5w30 oil.

Make - Lexus

Model - LS430

Year - 2004

Mods - None

Use (road/track etc) - Dual Carriageway, ocassional Motorway (Currently running Castrol Edge 0W-30 Fully Synthetic)

Also,

Make - Nissan

Model - Micra 1.2 Automatic

Year - 2007

Mods - None

Use (road/track etc) - Driving school car (so a complete hammering and also running Castrol Edge 0W-30 Fully Synthetic)

Jim.

Perfect!!

Make - Lexus

Model - 1st gen GS300 sport (2JZ-GE engine)

Year - 1997

Mods - None currently, but will have a Injen air intake kit on it soon

Use (road/track etc) - Motorway, round the town etc, but does a 200 mile run to south wales every other week. The car is pushed quite hard then.

The car is quite low mileage at 66,000, but with the bi-monthly hammering it gets, I want the best oil I can get for her!

Make - Lexus

Model - 1st gen GS300 sport (2JZ-GE engine)

Year - 1996

Mods - K&N Air filter only. Just had head gasket job so head skimmed as part of that repair.

Use (road/track etc) - Motorway, round the town etc. Currently has 193,000 miles on the clock (I have done 53,000 of them in last 19 months or so. I do 100 miles each day 90% motorway, 10% town. Plus a 350 mile round trip every other weekend, again 90% motorway, 10% town. Car gets driven quite hard.

Cheers

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Just about to change my oil. GS 300 1998. 130 000 miles on the clock, perfect previous owner,full service history but exzisting owner-ME fushing the car to the limit every weekend.Which oil to chose? Thanks

Make -

Model -

Year -

Mods -

Use (road/track etc) -

Hope fully we can be of some service here

Cheers

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to know best oil for engine, gearbox and diff (if the is200 uses diff oil), also how much of each in litres i require.

Make - Lexus

Model - IS200

Year - '01 late

Mileage - 90k

Mods - Just induction kit, but don't think it matters.

Use (road/track etc) - Mostly country and A roads.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...

Hi folks,

With winter here and plenty of cold starts, perhaps it's time to consider changing the oil that you use in your car.

Does your antifreeze need changing?

Is your gearshift okay when cold?

Do you need something to protect your car from the weather?

We have free delivery to UK mainland for orders over £40 at the moment so it is a good time to order from Opie Oils.co.uk

Let us know if you need any advice, we are here to help. You can call us on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or just ask here.

Cheers

oilman

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Until midnight Sunday we have a 20% SALE on our website with voucher code SALE20

If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus IS200 2.0L manual. 2001

I work for euro car parts, we list the oil as either 5W30 FS or 15W40 Mineral?

the 15W40 is the first choice for the vehicle in our oil guides but i am unsure what i would use to get the best performance from the car. i dont use it alot but i intend on owning this car for a long time so want it to last.

its only on 55k miles

• 4 weeks later...
Feel free to contact us here for any oil recommendations or any oil related questions you may have.

Alternatively complete our oil recommendation form and we will get back to you asap. You can also give us a call on 01209 202949 Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm or just drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

oilman

• 4 months later...

Is200 se 04 plate 39000 mls used Mainly for running about town and a 12 mile blast to work twice a week the car will be doing about 3000 a year at most has full lexus history should I continue with this or is it worth doing it myself the service costs seem very steep for a car that's 10 year old also what's the best make of oil

• 4 weeks later...
If you are struggling to find the right engine oil for your car, don't forget about our free oil advice.

All we need to know is

Make:

Model:

Year:

Engine type:

Performance modifications:

Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)

Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known

If you need help you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or use our Recommendation form, or just ask here.

• 3 weeks later...
If you’re in need of oil advice and recommendations then please just ask, we are happy to help. You can ask us here or by PM, drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk or just give us a call this afternoon, we are here till 5.30pm.

It's a great time to buy from Opie Oils, until midnight Sunday we are giving an additional 15% Off our already discounted prices on all engine oils with voucher code 15OFF.

Cheers

- oilman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi,

i recentley purchased my vehicle with 70.000 on the clock and full main dealer service history and will be doing 90% of town driving but i want to change the oil to be sure what would you advise please?

Make -lexus rx 300
Model -se
Year -2002 late
Mods -bog standard
Use (road/track etc) -

Either contact Opie as mentioned in earlier posts or take a look in your owners handbook which will also state the amount needed.

Generally Lexus tend to recommend a good quality 5W-30 part or full synthetic, personally I use Castrol Magnatec and buy it from Halfords when on offer.

I also only use Toyota OEM filters for around a tenner.

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks,

If you are having trouble finding out which Engine Oil is right for your car, please use our lookup guide.

forum-wopr.jpg

If you need help finding your car, or it is modified in any way, you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at sales@opieoils.co.uk, or just ask here.

Cheers

Oilman

• 2 months later...
Struggling to find the correct oils for your car? Then just ask the Oilman.

To help us to give the most accurate advice possible we do need some information about your car. e.g.:

Make:

Model:

Year:

Engine type:

Performance modifications:

Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)

Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known

What recommendation are you looking for? Engine, Gearbox, Diff etc.

You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Oilman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Opie Oils has some fantastic offers on at the moment so please check our Current Offers >>>>>
If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk
Cheers
Oilman

• 3 weeks later...
If you’re in need of oil advice and recommendations then please just ask, we are happy to help. You can ask us here or by PM, drop us an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk or just give us a call this morning, we are here till 5.30pm.

It's a great time to buy from Opie Oils, have a look at our Current Offers>>.

Cheers

- oilman