Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Here...

This is the message I got from the German buyer that contacted me:

Hey,

so I`ve just read your post. So you bought the supercharger Kit via Driftmasters (Markus). Don't worry he was in Cologne last Friday to pick up the Supercharger Kits. I met with him at the Autobahn on Friday so I just received mine Kit. So i think you have to wait a bit more till you have it at home.

Just a small Info for you.

Markus told me that these were complete kits, "the only thing you need is an IS200".

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the message I got from the German buyer that contacted me:
Hey,

so I`ve just read your post. So you bought the supercharger Kit via Driftmasters (Markus). Don't worry he was in Cologne last Friday to pick up the Supercharger Kits. I met with him at the Autobahn on Friday so I just received mine Kit. So i think you have to wait a bit more till you have it at home.

Just a small Info for you.

Markus told me that these were complete kits, "the only thing you need is an IS200".

they are complete kits only reason mines not complete because dave has send the piping to markus so now markus has two extra intercooler piping which he need to send back to me.

Like Mat says everything is in these kits as they have slightly different pipework to what you're expecting as they were the MK1 kits - in all honesty think before jumping the gun as these are going to be as close to new kits if they're not new as you can get on the market today.

I can understand you not being happy as it's not brand new, but now you have to have a think about it and it's either get back what you paid, and then buy one with 30k or 60k on, or just stick with this which has probably got a couple of hundred miles on, did Dave have any idea how much testing was done on these?

Like Mat says everything is in these kits as they have slightly different pipework to what you're expecting as they were the MK1 kits - in all honesty think before jumping the gun as these are going to be as close to new kits if they're not new as you can get on the market today.

I can understand you not being happy as it's not brand new, but now you have to have a think about it and it's either get back what you paid, and then buy one with 30k or 60k on, or just stick with this which has probably got a couple of hundred miles on, did Dave have any idea how much testing was done on these?

Aido i am just going to stick to them he goes there just tested them and then one engine blew up and few other bits went wrong so lexus took them out so as far as i know they have been used under 1000 miles.

i tell you what ignore my posts......

ive given you all the info you need

for the final time

you are not missing the pipes

i said the kits were sold to TGB by TTE years ago.....before you posted that dave told you this

the kits sold to TGB were all boxed up and complete..fact, i know this as i was around when dave negotiated with TGB the purchase of these kits

the kits should not be showing any signs of surface corrosion....at all....as the kits were all individually bubble wrapped, and in a single box....i know this as i have had, and still have very close contact and ties with TTE

Mate I feel a bit guilty as I posted the original link!

Any ideas folks (Mat) why the pipework was changed so much? I'm guessing more joiners were used so there was more adjustment maybe?

i tell you what ignore my posts......

ive given you all the info you need

for the final time

i said the kits were sold to TGB by TTE years ago.....before you posted that dave told you this

the kits sold to TGB were all boxed up and complete..fact, i know this as i was around when dave negotiated with TGB the purchase of these kits

the kits should not be showing any signs of surface corrosion....at all....as the kits were all individually bubble wrapped, and in a single box....i know this as i have had, and still have very close contact and ties with TTE

so monster mat what should i do now?

well im thinking to wait till patrik gets his kit and see how that is

thanks

Aido i am just going to stick to them he goes there just tested them and then one engine blew up and few other bits went wrong so lexus took them out so as far as i know they have been used under 1000 miles.

rubbish who told you that...that is utter bollocks

if you want facts ask the person who knows.

the UK supercharger program started in 2000, 5 cars were built by TTE for lexus GB, the cars were kept at lexus milton keynes to do evaluation testing, at Millbrook proving ground.

after 9 months of testing , and having taken delivers of approx 30 kits lexus Gb decided not to build a special edition sc is200 for the uk market, so did not fit the kits and they sat on the shelf at lexus/toyota parts warehouse.

the 5 test cars wer all kept as they were and run around by lexus employes for a good number of years.

3 of the cars were crashed, in different incidents, and the remaining 2 were eventually sold to private individuals.

TTE on the otherhand saw the value in the upgrade and continued to develop the kit, and manufactured a considerable number of kits which were homologated and TUV approved for mainland Europe.

however switzerland would not homologate so a tuning company Bemani sought type approval for a modifed kit which provided less peak power than the TTE kit...which went ahead and is on sale by Bemani

the only....Official UK supercharged car built by TTE was mine, as in it was warrented by lexus GB and fitted at TTE., in sept 2001

TTE then went onto fit 2 possibly 3 more kits to UK cars at the factory in Cologne, and were warrented by LGB

for the final time

:blink:

Where did you say that there was nothing missing ? You said they were the older design of pipes, I don't recall you saying that it was in fact complete, is that what you're saying now ? :unsure:

yes he is NOT missing any of the pipes, he has the older designed pipes....as stated in post No 37, 38 and 40

so what monster mat trying to say is that the kit is complete and i dont need the those two pipes as its a older design

thanks

correct, however that is not a new kit, its not how it would have been stored at TTE, or Lexus GB.

that kit is a mish mash of new, old and early type parts

Any ideas folks (Mat) why the pipework was changed so much? I'm guessing more joiners were used so there was more adjustment maybe?

to allow for more adjustment due to the varying heights that the engine sits in the engine bay

i think the fact of the matter is that dave originally advertised new kits and what asi's got is an old used kit,

so do tte still have the last 4 existing new kits kits?

are these the prototype kits that you were talking about ages ago mat?

the prototype, or Mk1 kit is what was sold to Lexus GB for the defunct IS200 sc special editions of which only 5 were made

the only kits TTE have now are the ones that have the steel cats as part of the kit

was on the phone to prolex now and he said these kits are 9 year old. they are like brand new and were locked up for ages and they are being sold now.

Thats not what he has told Steve from Charlesworth motors :o more lie's Mr Prolex :whistling: said he got them from some racing team or something :whistling:

rubbish who told you that...that is utter bollocks

if you want facts ask the person who knows.

the UK supercharger program started in 2000, 5 cars were built by TTE for lexus GB, the cars were kept at lexus milton keynes to do evaluation testing, at Millbrook proving ground.

after 9 months of testing , and having taken delivers of approx 30 kits lexus Gb decided not to build a special edition sc is200 for the uk market, so did not fit the kits and they sat on the shelf at lexus/toyota parts warehouse.

the 5 test cars wer all kept as they were and run around by lexus employees for a good number of years.

3 of the cars were crashed, in different incidents, and the remaining 2 were eventually sold to private individuals.

TTE on the other hand saw the value in the upgrade and continued to develop the kit, and manufactured a considerable number of kits which were homologated and TUV approved for mainland Europe.

however Switzerland would not homologate so a tuning company Bemani sought type approval for a modified kit which provided less peak power than the TTE kit...which went ahead and is on sale by Bemani

the only....Official UK supercharged car built by TTE was mine, as in it was warranted by lexus GB and fitted at TTE., in sept 2001

TTE then went onto fit 2 possibly 3 more kits to UK cars at the factory in Cologne, and were warranted by LGB

asi this is the facts, non of the kits were ever fitted, then removed......

i would have grave concerns if i was you about the history...more so than anything of the compressor unit.

well phone prolex and he says the kit were recovered from lexus as they had some left overs and the kits were in a mess so they kits sent to markus are just like mines aswell. used but they are used for a very little time. so he told me to email markus if he has those pipes as it would have been posted to him by accident.

well patrik as far as i think your kit is like mine mate.

2nd story :whistling: keep phoning, im sure he will tell you the truth soon mate :winky:

well that what he says. what should i do now?

Well how much did you pay for new kit ? tell him you send it back or give you some cash back for the price of 2nd hand kit :winky: not being funny here, but you could of got a much better 2nd had kit

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links