Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advise On Induction Kits

jac114

Hi guys am looking into fitting a blitz induction kit... Is there anything else i would need to to once its fitted? are there any other changes that need to be made. ie ecu chip?

Cheers all

jac

??? Why reset current ECU and how would I go about doint it?

cjeers

jac

Why? So that it can start thinking fresh (ie - learning that there is now more cold air coming in via the new Induction....)

How? Take off the negative from the Battery for a couple of minutes (press the brakes to let the last lot of current left in the system out) and re-connect. Yes, you will lose radio settings etc...

You don't HAVE to do this at all Jac, I have just always been reccomended to do this when you do mods such as this....

Zee. :)

Cheers for the advise zee... I think that its now gone to the top of my list of things to do :D Look what this site is doing to me.. :lol::lol: I joined the site with no intentions to do any modding :blink:

Jac

Cheers for the advise zee... I think that its now gone to the top of my list of things to do :D Look what this site is doing to me.. :lol::lol: I joined the site with no intentions to do any modding :blink:

Jac

No problemo.... always happy to help (...people spend their money on mods)..... :lol::whistling::yahoo:

next thing to look at after the induction kit is..........

now you have improved air getting in..........inprove the gas coming out.

a decent exhaust system coupled with your induction kit would yield good gains

There are a few things you need when you add Forced Induction.. You'll need a fuel/air management system like the Greddy E-Manage or Blitz has a couple of similar things.. Also you might want to have your tranny upgraded too. You valvebody needs to be upgraded. Also you might want to think about getting a L.S.D. (limited slip differental), so you'll have the power going evenly to both rear wheels.. I can tell you more things you might want to do but I'll leave it simple..

There are a few things you need when you add Forced Induction.. You'll need a fuel/air management system like the Greddy E-Manage or Blitz has a couple of similar things.. Also you might want to have your tranny upgraded too. You valvebody needs to be upgraded. Also you might want to think about getting a L.S.D. (limited slip differental), so you'll have the power going evenly to both rear wheels.. I can tell you more things you might want to do but I'll leave it simple..

Surely you wouldn't need any of the above just for an induction and exhaust? :unsure:

Mr ZEE I've started at the other end (back to front of car)with a zorst

should i have gone induction first :o

Pete

Not at all Pete - you will still get some improvement with just an exhaust - just more so with an induction too... ;)

When having the zorst fitted the guy said that if i lose the

pipe(central one) from the cat forwards with an induction

kit i could gain between 8-12 hp does this sound feesible :question:

most peeps have ind/kit located front left of car(standing in front of)

is there enough of a rush of COLD AIR coming through the grill coz now

i've got sports grille on there must be a better flow(more airey)

what r your thoughts Zee

Cheers

pee.j.......

an induction kit is under the bonnet.

as i have bleated on about recently, there has been a recent experiment

an is300 fitted with the factory airbox, but with an aftermarket panel filter...actually gained 5hp, while a well known respected peformance induction pipe and cone filter lost 2hp

i believe if something works well , leave it.

however the is200 suffers from alot of heatsoak, a good induction kit, with a very good cold air feed should show some gains.

i have recently done a small experiment with a factory rear exhaust box.

it was cut open and the 1 meter of coiled pipe was removed from within, the inlet and outlets to the box, i then joined with 30cm of stainless pipe.

the sound is awsome, it looks standerd, but the best bit.......and were gonna get a dyno done to prove it, i recon we have gained a couple of bhp..it revs easier, the pick up is smoother.......everything you get with a £££££ exhaust.

other gains frm the exhast could be gained , and ive proved this aswell, from the 2 precats, and a decat of the main cat, however the main cat should be replacable :excl:

the centre box isnt restrictive for this engine, however the back box is known to be very restrictive.

i shall be building a few more of these modified back box's

What sort of gains would you think i should get with a blitz induction kit.??? is it worth £200ish and will it effect the mot?

JAC

won't effect MOT - yes its worth it (HKS, Blitz etc are all top brands) and I would think 5-10 bhp.... :unsure:

the gains are going to be noticable.....however as i have stated in conjunction with a decent exhaust you will feel bettr performance.

with the induction kit, you shoul have no problems with the MOT.

either enclose the cone filter element like Mr Sypher has or make sure a good cold air feed is feeding the filter

I have been looking at their site to see if i could get any estimates on power increase but theres nothing.... I was told by somebody once it would be about 10% which would be cool on my motor as it is 209 std i think

jac

Matt
an induction kit is under the bonnet

Maybe i did'nt explain correctly(i know where ind/kit goes)

my post was in two parts:

1)when bonnet open ind/kit on left,seems to b best place for them?

2)i've had exhaust fitted,back box and pipe to cat. from other side of cat

along he said to lose that piece would gain 8-12 hp with ind/kit

I know about the 2 pre-cats but dont they break down after time anyway ?

yes they break down.......and block the exhaust..not good :excl:

The pipe the other side of the cat, is the pipe the cat is attached to, the pipe work is.

2 headers, 3 into 1 (2 down pipes)..joining into one pipe at a flange

from the flange, to the main cat....flanged after the cat

the centre box

the rear box flanged to centre box just by the R/R/H drive shaft

Thanx for that Matt,but is someone gonna answer my question

is the gain on ind/kit attainable 8-12 hp :question:

Also if they do break down can i do away with them anyway ,will it affect M.O.T

I'ts like being at the dentist sometimes :lol::lol:

Thanx for that Matt,but is someone gonna answer my question

is the gain on ind/kit attainable 8-12 hp :question:

Also if they break down can i do away with them ,will affect M.O.T

I'ts like being at the dentist sometimes :lol::lol:

with decent induction kit, a de-cat pipe plus a decent cold air feed, i would say yes that 12bhp is possible (with your exhaust).

and so long as you have your main cat, i understand it will pass the mot without the two pre-cats....

simply put...i highly doubt a 12hp gain

the pre cats can be done away with, and they will not change an MOT result if done correctly.

that is to remove the manifolds, remove the thin metal covers, open the cat bodys, remove the material, weld in a piece of pipe to close the gap.........close up the cat body, replace thin metal cover.

doing it this way will give the impression of 2 precats installed, but will infact be straight through pipes

the purpose of the precats is to warm up faster than the main cat.....and keep CO levels in check till the main cat is at sufficent temp........

as an MOT is run at operating temp, this leaves the pre cats superflouros

zee the question was with an induction kit..........

and the answer is no....i doubt it

which induction kit are you getting............

lets look at everything i have said...........

the is200 sufferes from heat soak alot......the pipes that cross the engine, even on is200 induction kits WILL absorb heat, i highly doubt the gains........compared to cost

the cold air box that Mr Sypher has is custom made, there are non like it for the is200.....i am working on one next week.

with de-cat's, pre and main, a decent back box, and a decent *PROVEN* induction kit....you could see 12hp on a N/A car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links