Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Lowering Springs

Steviewevie

Heh, you're right Keith, I'd love some 18" wheels. Trouble is I really like the Chicanes and they're almost impossible to come by at a reasonable price. Perhaps I'll just bide my time and hope I strike lucky on those.

My discs are OEM I think, I'd like to get some nice grooved ones some time but may well wait till they need replacing.

I really must get my calipers painted though, I've had all the stuff for ages. I will try and get round to it soon.

Thanks though ! :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that looks a lot better now mate, and going on other cars it should drop further as the springs settle. Should look great once they do, and a set of 18s will really finish it off :winky:

Have to measure mine, but by the looks of it my '01 SE look as low as the tte ones u've just installed. But than maybe it will take a while to settle to the correct hight. Also one thing about larger wheels, am i correct in thinking that if you install larger wheels (oem 17") to 19"+, would that not affect the mileage or speed? For example smaller wheels have to go round more than a large wheel, so in theory if the speedo is saying 30mph (17" wheels), you are infact going say 32mph with a 19"+ wheel? or is the speed measured at the point where size of the wheel will not affect the reading?

With bigger wheels you usually use lower profile tyres, so I *think* that the circumference of the wheel ends up being the same, meaning the speedo is still correct. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong !

I think it's just an optical illusion that with bigger wheels your car tends to look lower - i.e. the tyre is still the same distance from the arch as with smaller wheels, but because the wheel rim is now nearer the arch it looks lower.

You're right Stevie, unless you do deliberately use massive wheels, it is more of an optical illusion as more wheel and less tyre makes the gap between wheel and arch look smaller.

The standard rims on 215/45/17 have an overall diameter of 62.5cm, I have on 225/40/18s which have an overall diameter of 63.7cm so the wheel is slightly larger but only 1.2cm overall which I'm sure is negligible - I actually considered fitting 235/35/18 which is a much closer match to the overall diameter but then decided to go with the OEM tyre size in the end :)

After driving with the new springs for a few days, I thought I'd give a bit more feedback. I'm impressed with the ride, there's really no difference in comfort that I can notice.

I've already got C-One ARBs, so I didn't expect to notice much/any difference after fitting the springs when going round corners, and indeed I was right. Certainly the ARBs made a huge difference and I very highly recommend those as a great mod.

I have noticed a significant reduction in the pitching of the car front to rear though, after fitting the TTE springs - i.e. squat under acceleration and diving when braking. The car is a lot flatter front-to-rear now.

Of course my car looks a lot better now, not being so high off the ground.

Overall, very pleased with the TTE springs ! :D

• 1 month later...
Looks a lot better, the "before" pic looks scary high in comparison :P

Thanks, yeah I know what you mean about "before" ! :D

Just need some 18s now to finish it off ! And fit my front and rear TRD skirts (picked up the rear one today).

Will need to think about a re-visit to WIM once the springs seem to have fully settled.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links