Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purple/flip Is200 ,tvs,door Builds,oooooohh

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do i detect a little bit of "bitching"

I think different preferences, I like bits of it but not others:

Paint work on the outside is good, head unit is good (thinking of something similar myself). I'm not sure about the door builds though - the quality of the join from the original door to the builds is not too good compared to some of the other modified IS's I've seen pictures of.

doorbuild2.jpg

jonthebarber Posted on May 5 2003, 06:23 PM

No not at all if you've looked over it i'ts not as pro as it looks or could be

personally if someone wants to spend 10k on f***ing a car up thats their choice

i'ts just not for me

I'd agree, "hairdresser purple" ain't exactly my scene. <_< As for the door mods, it's spoiled by the rather iffy seam between the new moulding and the original door, plus the new moulding is a darker plastic! :o

jonthebarber Posted on May 5 2003, 06:23 PM

No not at all if you've looked over it i'ts not as pro as it looks or could be

personally if someone wants to spend 10k on f***ing a car up thats their choice

i'ts just not for me

lol :D better not see my engine bay

Don't you guys think you are being a bit harsh??

The guy obviously likes what he has done, and who are we to say that it looks bad??

Everyone to their own that's what I say.

I reckon the paint looks pretty good when you see it in person. It's easy to slag things off when you are sat behind a computer.

Isn't modifying about individuality?

andyhart21 Posted on May 5 2003, 10:22 PM
Isn't modifying about individuality?

yep could'nt agree more, you dont get more individual than that :yahoo:

Thats why i said its not for me(personal opinion)

if he's happy thats cool :P

Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh & I apologise to all the hairdressers out there :P I just feel that for the aggressive styling, the colour isn't aggressive enough... But as you say, each to their own B)

Nice Paint job, not bad install is wasnt for the Door build not being perfect, otherwise is very nice, now my IS will have those type of paint job too, but in red >>>Gold, cant wait.......... :P :P :P

OK where can I start without sounding stupid, how about an explaination.....

The car is an eye catching flip, and just happens to flip thru the company colour, pretty trick if you ask me, but I fully agree not everyones up of tea, certainly not my first choice. But remember this..... its the colour of the car that primarily got you all talking about it...... Mission accomplished there me thinks...

Install and cost spent on car, remember figures quoted on this car include very expensive pieces of kit, including a limited edition Brax amp, of which only 50 were ever made, retail..... well its a lot ! As for the join where the pods meet original doors, well again I think you will find the join is trimmed with a neon piping which has unfortunalty (which switched off for the pic) created an appearance of a poor trim. Trust me when I say, in the flesh is a whole different matter.

Body stying, well the car is a company demonstrator, therefore no real need to make huge statements with kits and fibleglass eh. The nature of the business is ICE, and thats where the focus of the work has been made. For anyone who has not heard the quality of the install, of which I am assuming is most of you, I suggest you have a little listen, hear the quality of the sound staging, and the clarity of the signal and sound produced, THEN come back and comment on the car.

All in all its a nice lil Lexus, with a custom paint job, nice set of rims and on hell of an install. As has already been said, without individuality it would be a boring place.

If you wanna talk openly about this car and any of your own, feel free to pop over to www.cruise-south.co.uk/newforum30.3 and open a thread there. Its the home site of the owners of this, and the bloody amazing Honda Civic Type R SWZ demo car.

Please dont think I am trying to start something ere. I am just giving the story from a person who has seen this car develop from a standard car, to one hell of an eye catching car.....

Moral of the story......The SWZ demo Lexus is like Marmite.... Love it or hate it !

Snazy

Cruise-South

ah i see the car been talked about again,

what can i say every one has different taste,

at the end of the day u must realise that there are now younger ppl out there (ie young professionals ) who can afford to own and modify there own lexus just like yourselves.

oh and at gaydon i though i move the car casue everyone was gettign around it and i didnt want ppl sqaushed up, casue my car was parkedd very close to other cars, we dont want any cars to be damaged do we now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links