Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purple/flip Is200 ,tvs,door Builds,oooooohh

Snazy Posted on May 6 2003, 08:22 PM
As for the join where the pods meet original doors, well again I think you will find the join is trimmed with a neon piping which has unfortunalty (which switched off for the pic) created an appearance of a poor trim. Trust me when I say, in the flesh is a whole different matter.

No offence intended but when this car was at Gaydon the door builds were not that impressive it seemed they were coming away from the original door trim(TRUST ME)

but as i said if the owner likes it thats fine??

ANYWAY YOUR SHOPS ONLY ROUND THE CORNER FROM ME I'LL POP IN OVER THE W/END

TO SEE WHAT GOODIES YOU'VE GOT :yahoo::yahoo:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... as with anything in life... it's all down to personal taste..

"one mans junk, is another mans treasure"

Personally, I (a 26 year-old professonal) don't find the car appealing, but, if the owner does... that's the important thing..

Just my 2 cents :hehe:

Moral of the story......The SWZ demo Lexus is like Marmite.... Love it or hate it !

Marmite™....? It's ok. Can't say I love it or hate it :lol:

Cars with lung-bustin' stereos....? Well they're ok if your hearing is up to it ;)

Purple cars....? Now that reminds me of when I took my Nissan 200SX in for it's first service, and they gave me a purple Micra as a courtesy car! Guess that's where my aversion to purple comes from? :P

A Micra....... my *** man dont U know there is help available these days, post micra embarrasment syndrome is a recognised illness now :P

I hear ya point mate, but when the car turns green in the right light, the issue about pink soon goes away. The flip on the car is pretty smart if I do say so myself.

As for the close ups of the pods, I will take your word for it, not gonna argue, but again each to their own. What I would say is carry on looking thru the other work on the site and see the creations of the amazing Mikey B, nutter and creative but the outcome is always spot on.

lol@going to the shop anyway, do pop in m8, the sight is usually very pleasing, I am sure Brian Ming and James would love to show U round and some of the work in progress.

As for the like, dislike, as I say...............Marmite.... love or hate, like dislike...

Example, who likes the new 7 Series BMW.......no ?...... how about the new Megane ? Hope that point makes sense. Not only do we all have individual tastes, but they can slowly come round to liking the impossible.

Hows this for an idea, some of you guys come along to one of the next big events, and we can all compare sizes lol :D

Haha Jon, as for ganging up, na I dont think they are m8........ Are you guys ??

I am sure we are all mature adults ere, or I hope so atleast.

I meant to say, as for the ICE, lung busting, na hardly, its an SQ demo car with a hint of SPL. The quality of the componants in the car makes it a second to none, perfect scoring SQ demo car, again reflecting the quality of the business, SWZ.

Re the reply about Marmite, like, love what does it matter :lol: Its foul ! Thats my opinion but then again, many cant get enough of the stuff. Well like the car I guess, someone has to like it, and where one does, there is a following................ :P

the only thig i really dont like about the car is the colour....its far 2 light for the IS2

a darker flip/pearl i think would have suited it better, but i suppose the PR agenda is "get it noticed".....which this colour does

Again I hear what ya sayin, and have to agree to that extent, but again the purpose was not only eye catching but company colours too.

Thanks for the serious comments on the car m8, :)

It's certainly different and I bet it gets tonnes of attention where-ever it goes. My tastes are a bit more subtle but I like the idea behind the paint job. I'd like to see it in a stronger colour

A Micra....... my *** man dont U know there is help available these days, post micra embarrasment syndrome is a recognised illness now :P

Yup... drive up in a 200bhp 200SX, drive out in a purple Micra, and it was an automatic. Couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! Reckon the dealership boys were 'avin a larf! What made it worse was that a lady in another purple Micra saw me in town and waved at me!! :sick::sick:

Q. What's the difference between a sheep and a purple Micra?

A. It's slightly less embarrassing to be seen getting out the back of a sheep!! :lol::lol:

(Ok, so I've adapted that from an old Skoda joke).

I have to agree that the purple Lex may be better in the flesh. After all, when I first saw the photos of the current special edition Yellow IS, I nearly barfed! Then I saw it in the flesh a few days later at the local dealer, totally different - looked the poodles plums! :yahoo:

Well Like it or loathe it, you can't IGNORE it. And thats the point with demonstrators right?

Personally, I prefer Kandys and 'Flakes to flip pearls, but thats my opinion. One things for sure its a damn sight better install than that Max power Corrado from years ago. Now that was FUGLY!

(This from a man who built a lowrider from a Suzuki Santana!) But I'm better now! ;)

Hehe yeah I have to say there have been some terrible paint jobs over time, maybe I will post a few pics in a couple of weeks of something else SWZ associated which will be more to peoples liking, trust me it fappin mental.

lol@pulling out of a sheep. As a part Welshman, I will sleep better at night knowing I aint SO bad after all :lol:

As for power of cars, mine is pushing just short of 200bhp myself, so to go back the the temp car of the Orion I had before........ OH PLEASE !!! :lol: But in search of more power, roll on next spring :whistling: Cant wait :) I would not like to be the one handing over the keys of a 200bhp car in exchange for an 80bhp. The lil Focus I had a while back, *** did that get a pounding in search for the ponies !!

well i liked it, the paint caught my eye from far away. even the calipers looked class.

i agree and say a darker flip would of bin better lik a blue or purple or somethin but if its company colours and a company demo car it has to be associated with the company or there aint much point to doin a company demo car.

didnt really look at the door builds, but the car did sound good

just my 50CENTs worth

there not cheap steve....

my pearl flip, using standox varicolor, cost £200 a litre, they used 7 litres on my car....then there was the labour,

i had the car completely painted, inside-out, no glass , no engine.no nothing...just metal work!!

this was on a rover, about4 years ago

the right paint can totally transform the car, wish i could dig out a pic of the car.........dont have a scanner :yawn:

I cant understand peoples view on the car having seen it only in a picture, the paint job looks like some dodgy girly colour and nothing more.

However, if you see it in real life its a totally different story, it looks pretty crappy in pictures, but when you are stood next to it its awesome, it really is amazing, first time i saw the car in direct sunlight i spent about ten minutes just wandering round and round it watching it flip colour and admiring the paint.

I HATE flip paint jobs and girly colours normally, but its done to such perfection on this car that you have no choice but to appreciate it when seen in real life.

Any of you that live near to streetworkz should pop down there on a sunny day and see what the fuss is all about.

I do think though that in general you lexus boys need to chill out, there is nothing that spectacular about owning a lexus, its a good car there is NO denying that, but its only a re-badged toyota at the end of the day, the way you bang on (or should that be bang one off? :whistling: ) about lexi you would think that you were talking about something with heritage like a classic bentley or a sixties mini.

Havent you heard, alan partridge drives a lexus! :P

Chip

welcome to the club mate

thank you for your post i will bear this in mind when i buy my next car

now what to buy ....

cant have a toyota ....

jag... ford

audi.... skoda

shall i go on

i take it you havnt driven a lexus

why dont you go and drive one

then we shall chat

what car do you drive by the way

and will you be at jap fest?

hey if you come ill even take you for a spin in mine

i think what swz lex has done to his car is super

i wouldnt drive it

(its an auto)

now i think everyone should calm down

some folks like stuff some dont

I agree totally that some cars aren't top everyones taste, its exactly the same on scoobynet and most other sports clubs, you get the purists who think a car looks best with just alloys, suspension and an exhaust, so people who are original get slated.

The main point about modifying is its about being different and changing a car to your taste, not everyone elses. Bearing this in mind the C-west kit and that colour were what the owners wanted. Also please dont comment unless youve seen it in the flesh, the colour doesnt look as good in photos.

As for the bitchyness i think thats just jealousy, especially P'eej

Not my cuppa either and if you've seen it in the flesh

it's not that impressive (sorry if you own the car)

if thats what your into thats fine

--------------------

'IS'200 SPORT Astral Black Personal Plate 35%Tints Powder Coated/Polished Wheels Key fob remote door mirrors White LEXUS Stickers Embossed on Black painted callipers Sports mesh grille EBC Turbo Groove Discs EBC Greenstuff Pads (soon)

Im sorry but some of the comments you made were out of line. How can you talk about nasty mods anyway lol 'White LEXUS Stickers Embossed on Black painted callipers' ...... wheras the Streetworkz one has a mental imported brake kit with colour coded TOMS calipers....

The whole of the bodywork including the fitting of the kit, was 3k. and the paint is called rage ecstasy.

Been pondering on this thead, not quite sure what to say, whether to save face or dish out my true opinions. But then I realised, that it doesnt really matter what I think, you will all have you own opinions, and will quite happily pick holes in everyone elses pride and joy. Its human nature and to be expected.

But, I couldnt care less. When I go out in that car, EVERY single person who sees it is left with their finger pointing, or the jaw hanging. And at shows when we have semi naked girls hanging off it, people dont know whether to look at the car or the girls, I know I have created the best lookin car I can.

As for those of you who are quite happy to pick holes in the quality of my craftmanship, then you do so without the knowledge, that a: the builds arnt even finished yet, and b: what is on there was done in two days!!!

If ya like it GREAT, if ya dont then............................

<offensive image removed>

:( :lol:

[edit - lets keep it clean eh?]

Edited by Matthew_McNally

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links