Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Supercharger Noise

its just gear oil - use a high pressure gear oil and u will be fine. something like castrol saf -xj or saf-xo

Thank you Rob :)

This morning I bought a nice bottle of gear oil and filled up my supercharger gear house. I then refitted everything to the car and once it was ready it took quite a while before I dared to turn the ignition key.

I'm officially boosted again! :D

The noise is as good as gone. If you open the bonnet and really concentrate you can hear a silent whistling sound when revving the engine, but it might be because that noise problem has haunted me for a few months now and that's what I expect to hear :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its just gear oil - use a high pressure gear oil and u will be fine. something like castrol saf -xj or saf-xo

Thank you Rob :)

This morning I bought a nice bottle of gear oil and filled up my supercharger gear house. I then refitted everything to the car and once it was ready it took quite a while before I dared to turn the ignition key.

I'm officially boosted again! :D

The noise is as good as gone. If you open the bonnet and really concentrate you can hear a silent whistling sound when revving the engine, but it might be because that noise problem has haunted me for a few months now and that's what I expect to hear :)

glade you got it all fitted and your all boosted again still one of the best is200 in the club. B) B) B)

• 2 months later...

My charger also started to keep some little abnormal noise, so i check'd the oil and got out about 90ml of oil. :huh:

Putted in all i had on my shelf of GM supercharger oil (160ml maybe) and the noise went down. No visible leaks anywhere and its been spinning only about 20,000 miles, so wonder if there has ever been correct amount. Ill have to get some more and fill it to proper level and follow up.

Just to suggest every supercharger owners to check that matter.

• 7 months later...

Hi it's been a long time since this thread has been active, but trying to find out of my noisy supercharger as well... It makes a ticking noise that can even be heared inside the car. It pulls fine but a little worried about the ticking noise. Will try to lubricate the belt with wd40 to see if the sound changes but it really sounds like the charger need some service...