Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

@ fluff34567: X-pel question

Leexus

I was wondering if you still have the x-pel paint protection on your IS? If so, it's still in a good condition? Any problems when you wash the car? What about the winter periods?

At least, was it difficult to install it?

[Edited on 4-4-2002 by Leexus]

hi, yes i still have it on, its been on for about a year now and no probs at all i have got 1 chip that has gone thru the plastic but that is the only one i have got in the first 6 months i had loads so pleased with it. when washing there are no probs only thing is if you wax/polish u get a build up along the edge of it ( its the same stuff thats on the rear wheel arch).

The kit i had was for an IS300 and as i found out the front profile is slightly different so a little cutting was required, once that was done it was easy to put on, no real dramas. if i was going to get another car it would be the first thing i do to it. you can get IS200 specific kits in the UK but they were charging a fortune, dont know about now????