Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Before the car dealer let me have my car he wanted to change the Battery - nice guy, he knew it was on its last legs. However, he insisted on waiting for his mechanic to get a little Battery back up gizmo that plugs in the cig lighter before he would disconnect. he said he had managed to completely lose the car stereo altogether on a previous GS300 - security lock out - and had to contact a Lexus dealer to reactivate.

I believe the radio will be ok unless the previous owner or the dealer inputted a security code. When there is a security code inputted, it displays sec on the display when you first turn it on. If the radio comes straight on and just shows the station then it hasnt had a code inputted.

This is a reply to one of my posts asking the information. Hope it helps

The system is not pre-set at the factory you must put in a three identification number decided by you.

1. Make sure the radio is turned off with the ignition switch in Acc 2. While holding the left side of the 1 and 2 button and the right side of the 5 and 6 button push and hold the power button until SEC appears on the display.

2. Press the left side of the 1 & 2 button while holding the upperside of the tune seek button "- - -" and the tape operation will appear on the display.

3. input your identification number by pressing hte 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 buttons repeatedly. Use the left side of the 1 and 2 button for the first digit the right side of the 1 and 2 butotn for the second digit. The left side of the 3 and 4 button for the last digit. For example if your number is 420 press the 1 button 5 times, the 2 button 3 times and the 3 button once. With you identification number appearing on the display press the scan button and hold it in until sec appears on the display. This will go off to indicate the system is set. Once it is set sec will appear each time the key is turned to the acc position.

Hope this helps. I copied from the Lexus manual. It seems that if your radio has noit be set by the previous owner then sec will not appear each time the key is turned to the acc position.

--------------------

a little battery back up gizmo that plugs in the cig lighter before he would disconnect.

simple gizmo is just a 9v Battery with a lighter plug which gives the system enough to keep the codes going

make sure the lighter works without the ignition on though !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links