Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have 1991 Lexus ES250. Everything was normal until one day the car was jackup to have the transmission oil changed. Nothing else was done to the car, but the Airbag lights stays on every time the car is running.

One deal said it might be the sensor, which will cost few hundreds to fix. Any suggestions besides going to the dealer.

Thanks

you need to have the airbag sensor reset at a dealer it should only cost half an hours labour because the car has been jacked up it has triggered the switch in the sensor. sorry but it cant be reset by any other means. it does not sound like a fault BUT it is possible that the wiring to the sensor has been broken which will cost a small fortune to diagnose at the main dealer because of the time involved.although this is VERY unlikely. i am judging this on ALL airbag systems , as with all lexus they might do things different so dont whinge if im wrong. but i should be right LOL.

PSi think ive covered my back :unsure:

Thanks for your reply. That's a pretty dumb system; so, everytime the car gets jackup for brake work, oil change, ...etc. I have to visit the Lexus dealer.

Separate question: Are most Lexus dealer fairly honest? One dealer I called said if it's a bad sensor, the cost is about $400. Will they tell me I have a bad sensor when it just needs a reset?

Thanks.

I dont think the sensor has been activated by jacking up.........its not that sort of sensor, i think the only way to solve this is take it to a dealer....more than likely a faulty connection

How do you sussed out the airbag?

Frankly, the airbag is only good for front end collision; The way I drive with my seat belt on, I feel very safe already.

Can someone tell me how to disconnect this bag or warning light?

Thanks