Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Folks,

Just learn't an expensive lesson ref: metal valve dust covers :crybaby::crybaby:

I need a replacement valve unit (£200 or so quid)

Doe's anybody know the Lexus part code???

Rgds, Tony.

You could try one of these Ebay

but you will still need to go a Lexus or Toyota dealer to get the code of the sensor programmed in.

I think there is a different part for cars after 2006.

Mark

Hi Folks,

Just learn't an expensive lesson ref: metal valve dust covers :crybaby::crybaby:

Rgds, Tony.

Hi Folks,

Rgds, Tony.

Hi Tony,U can use any dust caps coz the pressure sensor is in side the tyre.This is the part number....42607-30030 valve sub assy.If u need a set,i have 2 spare set on me.TERRY B)

Hi Knitware.....

When I first picked up my "new" GS 3 months ago, I took off the Metal "lexus" logo'd valve caps off my "old" GS and in haste forgot to put some vaseline onto the valve thread first.

The other day I went to check the tyre pressure's. 1 valve cap unscrewed by hand, 2 valve caps unscrewed with the help of a spanner.

The last one also needed spanner assist (S.A ^_^ ) but it took away the last 3-4 mm of the valve away with it.

Result.......the whole issue needs replacing........ :crybaby:

Terry thanks for the offer but I have ordered the new part to be fitted at Lexus, as I am off to France next week (with car) and need it sorted ASAP.

Everydays a School Day!!!!!!

Hi Knitware.....

When I first picked up my "new" GS 3 months ago, I took off the Metal "lexus" logo'd valve caps off my "old" GS and in haste forgot to put some vaseline onto the valve thread first.

The other day I went to check the tyre pressure's. 1 valve cap unscrewed by hand, 2 valve caps unscrewed with the help of a spanner.

The last one also needed spanner assist (S.A ^_^ ) but it took away the last 3-4 mm of the valve away with it.

Terry thanks for the offer but I have ordered the new part to be fitted at Lexus, as I am off to France next week (with car) and need it sorted ASAP.

No prob,next time just order them from Lexus US, at a 1/3 of the price,and a three day wait :P

Hi Knitware.....

Oh I see! I'm getting my tyres changed on Saturday at Lexus because of the valve fitted into the wheels. if Lexus brake it they can change it.

There is a tyre pressure warning system on the GS so I wouldn't have thought it necessary to check pressures, anyway at least we know to leave the caps alone!

Enjoy France!!

Mmmm... Mine's only 6 months old, but I think I'll swap the metal ones for standard black plastic. Just ordered a set on eBay. Thanks for the info!

Mmmm... Mine's only 6 months old, but I think I'll swap the metal ones for standard black plastic. Just ordered a set on Ebay. Thanks for the info!

My plastic ones arrived today. So, after a total mileage of 1500 through last winter from new, I removed the old ones. All were showing white corrosion, definitely not a grease. The plastic ones are now on, and I can put the metal ones back when I sell the car in 6 years time...

• 4 months later...
Hi Folks,

Rgds, Tony.

Hi Tony,U can use any dust caps coz the pressure sensor is in side the tyre.This is the part number....42607-30030 valve sub assy.If u need a set,i have 2 spare set on me.TERRY B)

Hi Terry,

I came across this thread, I dont suppose you still have a set available I have a similar problem I am getting a warning signal. I have already tried a number of things put more air into the tyres, tried the reset button, no joy, tried taking 10% of air out of all tyres then pumping back to correct PSI then resetting, still no joy, I think I have a faulty TPM, but I dont know which one (but I have a pretty good idea).

I have already had my dealer replace one and I nearly fell over when he told me how much it cost so I know how expensive they are and I dont want to go down the dealer route. I have a GS300 SE-L 2006 registered in March, I believe.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Folks,

Rgds, Tony.

Hi Terry,

I came across this thread, I dont suppose you still have a set available I have a similar problem I am getting a warning signal. I have already tried a number of things put more air into the tyres, tried the reset button, no joy, tried taking 10% of air out of all tyres then pumping back to correct PSI then resetting, still no joy, I think I have a faulty TPM, but I dont know which one (but I have a pretty good idea).

I have already had my dealer replace one and I nearly fell over when he told me how much it cost so I know how expensive they are and I dont want to go down the dealer route. I have a GS300 SE-L 2006 registered in March, I believe.

Cheers

Andy

Hello.

I too had a warning light on recently. I had to go to Lexus to get the light out. All he did was press the reset button, the one I knew nothing about as it's not detailed in the owners manual!

Have you reset BOTH tyre buttons? One is on the drivers side pedal and there is another, the one not in the owners manual, on the passenger side, buried deep towards the floor.

Hi Folks,

Rgds, Tony.

Hi Terry,

Cheers

Andy

Hello.

I too had a warning light on recently. I had to go to Lexus to get the light out. All he did was press the reset button, the one I knew nothing about as it's not detailed in the owners manual!

Have you reset BOTH tyre buttons? One is on the drivers side pedal and there is another, the one not in the owners manual, on the passenger side, buried deep towards the floor.

Hi,

Yes I have tried that one as well still no joy.

Thanks

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links