Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does The Is250 Alloys Give A Straight Fit On The Sportcross

coxrad888

Thanks, I think I am beginning to understand this. So, if I do wish to go for this, I can buy any tyre that is between

215 - 235 for the front with an ofset of 42 or greater and 215 - 245 for the rear. The ofset of the wheel on eBay is 45, so therefore, it is suitable for both front and rear. Am I correct so far? :unsure:

I have just been search some tires to go on it. I was looking at the 215 width. However, it ask me to enter the profile and the tyre size starting from 10,12, 13, 14 and so on. What do I put in.

ok, let me try and work this out myself but *please* don't rely on my calculation unless someone else (who understands tyre sizes better than me) confirms !

The offset of those eBay wheels should fit, yes.

The standard tyre size on the OEM 17" wheels is 215/45-17. However, this is for 7" wheels and those eBay wheels are 8" in width, so you're going to need some wider tyres for them not to be "stretched".

For 8" wheels I think that the normal tyre width is 235. Using the calculator here it's showing that 235/40 would be the way to go. The 40 is the profile of the tyre, i.e. the sidewall height is 40% of the width of the tyre. It's important to pick the right sort of profile so that the diameter of the tyre is right and therefore that your speedo is still accurate.

So I think that what you need is 235/40R17. But as I said, I'd appreciate someone who understands this better confirming whether what I've said is correct or not !

I have the IS250 wheels fitted to mine and they are the 17" 8J

Points to note ...

With 17" you will have to grind of a little lug on the front suspension arm

i recommend 225/45 tyres all round as if you put wider on the rear you can't rotate front to rear for even wearing, also found that the 245 on the rears gave tooooo much grip and i couldn't have any tail out fun... (when safe to do so of course)

MY Lexus IS250 17" alloys are starting to corrode now as well, not as bad as the original 5 pokes but the bubbles are starting under the paint :(

Sorry for not reply back. Have been at work these past two days, so had not had time to log on here.

I have found another set of wheels, Honda wheel this time, and I would be grateful if someone can have a look and tell me if it will fit my sportcross IS200.

I look forward to your views.

Honda alloys- ebay

Thanks again.

Yep those wheels will fit fine, not sure how well that design will look on a SportX but other than that they are a nice set of alloys

yeah, I know what u mean, I'm not keen on the style either.

Anyway I have finally bought one after many days of searching. It is a 16" set of alloys from a Lexus 220/250.

Picture below.

All views/comments much appreciated.

Let me know what u think. I believe it should fit the sportcross....somebody please reassure me of this!

alloys

Are they from an RX300 ? The tyres look like big baloons to me rather than low profiles I would expect

on the Sportcross. The profile seems pretty high, be aware they may give a fair bit when cornering.

They look like base-spec (16") is220/250 alloys to me?

The tyres on my sportcross at the moment is the Continental 205/55/16.

They r the basic -spec from the Is220/250.

Here is another set of alloys exactly the same as the one that I have bought but was outbid at the last minute

alloys 16

Are they from an RX300 ? The tyres look like big baloons to me rather than low profiles I would expect

on the Sportcross. The profile seems pretty high, be aware they may give a fair bit when cornering.

They look like base-spec (16") is220/250 alloys to me?

The tyres on my sportcross at the moment is the Continental 205/55/16.

They r the basic -spec from the Is220/250.

Here is another set of alloys exactly the same as the one that I have bought but was outbid at the last minute

alloys 16

You should have held out for some 17's to complete the look. They just dont quite look big enough

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links