Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I visited my mechanic after work to fit the Tanabe rear strut bar and the Ultra Racing under bars. Firstly we replaced the under bars. The first thing I noticed is the Ultra bars look stiffer and stronger in compare to OEM. Furthermore the bars have roughly the same weihgt with the OEM bars.

Here are some pics of the OEM and the Left and Right Ultra bars fitted on the car. The fitments was very easy just remove the two screws that hold the bar.

OEM Bar

vzc1ds.jpg

Right Bar

2pqlwd3.jpg

Left Bar

2pqlwd3.jpg

Once the Ultra bars were fitted on the car it was time to install the Tanabe rear strut. For this job is used a dimond core drill. I took of the strut edge base and fitted on the car to see where to drill the hole. Also kept the car lifted during installation so the that the load of the upper mounts shocks is relieved and balanced out. Once the bar was installed on the car the preload can be adjusted and set. After the bar is bolted and the car is lowered each shock will have equal load and will prevent independent movements of each shock.

20zw94n.jpg

25693f4.jpg

ddgl7m.jpg

s241dt.jpg

14e2p2b.jpg

So once all the parts were fitted it was time to go for a ride. First impressions was that the car fills more solid. Next impression was the steering responce improved and lastly the handling was improved.

looking good mate. did it make a difference??

Well I took the car for a good drive today and I noticed that the car handling is much better. All reactions of the car are quicker and the car gives a good safety feeling during corning, braking and when passing over anomalous road surface. Well I have fitted also the rear strut bar so i cannot say if the Ultra bars only do a good job or the rear strut bar or both!

Today I bought a brand new TTE Supercharger (only the Eaton M62 supercharger together with the moded clutch from TTE). I will post pics in the weekend. Also Iv decided that is time to start playing with the Autometer Gauge Pod. I bought from eBay a second hand air dash vent for 20 pounds and a plastic bumper filler. So hopefully i will have both items next week in my hands and start the Gauge pod project.

the SC unit must have cost quite a lot???

for your intercooler just to confirm its this one.... ebay item 370233920806

and i wonder whos IS is being used here 370233920972

Hi Rob, the first intercooler is the one me and edeath have. DJ Wozza and Rabster used the second intercooler.

1 more Q: it looks from your pictures you have had to use reducers for connecting the intercooler to the tte pipework? i ask because the tte pipes are 60mm and the intercooler is 63mm, i reckon the 6mm pipes could be squeezed on.

i looked for 60-63mm reducers but didnt find any

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links