Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2009

johnboy

I went to Wicksteed Park today to have a look at the new venue for Jae, which it should be for the next 3 years.

The meeting was organised by John Fuggles, and there were quite a few reps from various clubs in attendence.

First of all it was 78 miles from my home, and took approx. 1 hour 15 mins, and is virtually motorway all the way apart from 1.5 miles when leaving the A14. The post code for the location is NN15 6NJ and this takes you right to the main entrance.

The park seems a lot bigger than mersea and is spread out a bit more too, but the areas where the club pitches will be are well turfed and although flat, slope down towards the lake, so drainage should be good. Although its not going to rain it it !!

There is a fun fair, with a go-kart track, which there is a possibility of inter club races, there will be the its a knockout and 5 a side football like last year,

On the whole it looks like a great venue, ive added a few pics, if there are any questions, let me know, if i cant answer them i will find out.

John

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0247.jpg

Looking forward to this one. As I put in an appearence at the last one, I feel I should go to this one too. I'd love to have a go at the carting, so long as I can use the LS.