Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Do I Stand With My Insurance No Claims?

Bummer if she was uninsured, but that would explain why she didn't want to admit to it at first !

You'll need to check what your insurer's policy is for an accident being caused by an uninsured driver. For example, Direct Line actually say that you won't have to pay any excess or lose your NCB in that sort of instance.

You should probably report it to the police too if she was uninsured.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if she was uninsured mate you have a duty to report her for driving with out insurance leaving the scene of an accident, giving fake details regarding a claim.

it may be in the hands of the legal team but i would still report them to the local station people like that cause the accidents and cause our premiums to go up

this just proves it

Rabs

Did you say she worked at your work? Can you not speak to her directly, maybe she just got the old insurance company and forgot she changed?

Either way, she might be ok, if not then report her to hell and back!

she's a lecturer at the University where I work and is only part time so it's harder to see her in person, it's all been reported to my insurance companies legal team who are dealing with the incident, i've got to take my car to a garage tomorrow for a estimate

Are you going to get the police involved?

From what you have said the 3rd party cancelled her insurance? Does this mean she is an uninsured driver? Or does she have insurance cover with another company? She also failed to leave her details and made no attempt to report the accident?- I know the accident happened on private property. If you damage someones car/property then you should at least leave your phone number so that you can swap details etc.

My car was hit in Sainsburys carpark last year by an old guy who failed to stop. A security guy got his reg.

I reported it to the police together with an estimate for the work(n/s rear bumper/skirt). They contacted him and then gave me his phone number and his details. The estimate was £330 but he said he would pay and sent a cheque for £400 .......to cover my inconvenience he said. The police were interested even though it was on Sainsburys carpark.

I agree fully. She'd be quite happy to walk away from her responsibility to fix your pride and joy. No mercy take her to the cleaners and have her reported for criminal damage too...

Col..

if she was uninsured mate you have a duty to report her for driving with out insurance leaving the scene of an accident, giving fake details regarding a claim.

it may be in the hands of the legal team but i would still report them to the local station people like that cause the accidents and cause our premiums to go up

this just proves it

Rabs

Big time name & shame at your work matey, she not only hit your car and (from what you have told me)

then got out to inspect the damage, then decided to drive away. She is also (from the looks of it) un-insured

as well (unless she re-insured elsewhere) so is a major danger to every other road user including pedestrians.

Sorry but if you can't afford the insurance, don't buy the car !! No excuses !! It doesn't bear thinking about

if she had hit or killed a pedestrian. I can't help it, I hate un-insured drivers.

People who are un-insured, or fail to stop or give details are only one small step above drivers with no licence

or Drunk/Drugged drivers. The lack of meaningfull punishment handed out by the courts means people are

put at risk by moronic low-life scum everyday :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I would suggest you pass the details on to the police as she is still (possibly) driving a car on the road without

insurance, she should at least be given a quiet word to by the Police, as she was obvioulsy using the car on the

public highway without cover. She should be fined and points added to her licence :tsktsk: and then slapped

around the head with a big smelly fish in the town stocks :D

Also how can she expect any of her students to respect her when she behaves in such a way ?

Hmmmm nice example................................. not !!! Time for a leak of information me thinks !!!

Rant over. I hope you get this fixed asap and you are not penalised by your insurer Dan.

From the looks of things Norwich Union messed up, she did cancel her policy with the number I was provided, however she did take out a new policy with a named driver added in May, the 3rd party basically just gave me the wrong policy number and Norwich Union couldn't figure that out.

It's all been forwarded onto my companies legal team and my car is going in for a estimate on the damages today at 12:15 so i'll update with what they say then :P am looking forward to this "like for like" courtesy car I wonder what it could be haha, seeing as the place where it's going has a Lexus garage across the road lol, will push for a IS-F ;)

right just been over to the garage, they are going to forward the pics/quote to my legal company who will then authorise the repairs and give me a courtesy hairdryer probably (despite it meaning to be like for like).

Discovered more damage in a crack to the n/side fog light so will need a new one of those too

Good to hear it’s all sorted !

When I first read that she wasn’t insured, I thought to myself, I knew she was going to mess you about !

But glad to hear it was a false alarm !

Hope to see your car back on the road again soon !

defo, yeldarb your a mk lad do you know anything of Panel and Paint in Stacey Bushes? Car has to go there apparently

Think if you got three quotes mate you can put it to the cheepest one you like.

Just make sure the one you want it to go to is the cheepest, like I said in a post before.

But glad you are getting it sorted mate.

i managed to get mine done at a lexus dealership after obtaining quotes elsewhere in the small print it states somewhere that you have a right to have your vehicle repaired at a garage of your choice assuming the value of the repair is authorized by the insurance company.

Dont be fobbed off with it has to go to a paticular garage thats bull

Rabs

You don't even have to get three quotes, one will do as long as the insurance company is happy with it (e.g. they might well send an assessor out to check the damage).

You can pick where you want the car to be fixed, get a quote from them and send it to the insurer's. Or visit a few repair places if you're not sure to see who seems like they'll do a good job (assuming you cant get specific recommendations from here or elsewhere).

I got three quotes for my damage, the Lexus one was by far the most expensive but my insurer's approved it without batting an eyelid.

Basically with my insurance I legal cover, when i first phoned up I had 2 choices in course of repair:

1) go through my insurance company, i would then have to pay my excess and it can go to a garage I choose and then I would have to reclaim the excess back off the 3rd parties insurance company (you can imagine how long this will take) or

2) go through my insurance companies legal team which costs nothing, I get a "like for like" courtesy car and they will arrange everything only stipulation is I have to take it to one of their approved garages and they claim the costs back from the 3rd party.

Seeing as I haven't done anything wrong I wasn't going to go for option one and shell out a load of money, so option 2 it was and the car has already had it's estimate and pics taken (yesterday) i'm just waiting to hear from them to give the all clear :) then it can get repaired at no cost to myself.

Basically with my insurance I legal cover, when i first phoned up I had 2 choices in course of repair:

1) go through my insurance company, i would then have to pay my excess and it can go to a garage I choose and then I would have to reclaim the excess back off the 3rd parties insurance company (you can imagine how long this will take) or

2) go through my insurance companies legal team which costs nothing, I get a "like for like" courtesy car and they will arrange everything only stipulation is I have to take it to one of their approved garages and they claim the costs back from the 3rd party.

Seeing as I haven't done anything wrong I wasn't going to go for option one and shell out a load of money, so option 2 it was and the car has already had it's estimate and pics taken (yesterday) i'm just waiting to hear from them to give the all clear :) then it can get repaired at no cost to myself.

thats a bit strange i wouldnt have thought they can force you to take it to one of their garages .

i would phone up as a pottential new customer and have a snoop about what happens in the event of a claim can you take it to your own garage but make sure you mention all the bits you currently have on your policy

i think they may be telling a litle porky my mate had a prang had nothing to pay wasnt his faulty and there legal team delt with everything as part of the policy but he took it to toyota where he works to have the repairs done and didnt cost him a penny....

all i can say is double check before giving the all clear mate

Rabs

this is true, the place looked fairly respectable and from speaking to my brother who works for a vehicle recovery company for rich clients (he picked up Amir Khan's Range Rover sport last week lol) he's told me that's where his company takes all their clients damaged/wrecked cars for repairs. :)