Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Ebay Seller!

Well it's game over!

The seller didn't respond to a dispute nor a claim. Paypal then gives the buyer a full refund :D

My conclusion is that the seller understod that they had done something wrong but didn't want to admit that and therefor ignored the dispute and claim. Doesn't matter I got my money back but it is a bit weird...

I hope now that the bits I need doesn't cost a fortune!

Thanks all for your help and support!

Update... :tsktsk:

This is far from over! I got my money back from paypal and now the seller wants the armrest back! I paid a total of $120 + 50 = $170~£120 for the fallowing parts: Leather armrest, armrest support cover, arm rest bolt covers L & R and arm rest mounting bolt.

I can buy the missing parts from my Toyota dealer and that will set me back £77.

I was a little surprised that the seller whanted the item back, nothing of this was mentioned at the paypal website when I started the dispute and claim. The buyer that is me has to pay for the shipping back to the seller which feels pretty stupid by paypal with this amount it's very little point in starting a dispute/ claim in the first place... If the seller made something wrong I think that the seller would have to pay for shipping if he wants the item back! He didn't respond to the dispute nor claim and paypal automaticly decided in my favor, why didn't he defend him self...?

I phoned paypal and explained my case and she said that since I am sitting on the item and money the seller is often easy to negotiate with a good point :devil:

I am guessing that the shipping will cost me pretty much the same or half as the missing parts so very little point in sending it back.... I paid £30 for USA-Sweden but I have a feeling that Sweden-USA will be much more.

I paid £120 for what I thought was a complete armrest... How much should I offer the seller, what is the parts that I got worth?

I understand your frustrations, but th seller has every right to request it back, specially when you got your money back, if you dont send it back, its like you got it free

Yes I understand that but it would be nice to get informed about it from the start before making a dispute/claim. All this wait I want it in my car.....

considering what they fetch on eBay you may be best to bite the bullet as they say.

offer to pay him back what you originally paid minus half the costs of the parts if he agrees then its still only cost you around £160..

It is standard procedure to return the item that you are receiving the refund for. However if you had to pay postage for them to send it to you; maybe they should pay postage for you to send it back to them...............might put them off.

As Paypal have already refunded you in full you are in a good position as they do not normally refund until the seller has received the item back.

Because the seller ignored all contact you have won the claim.

I suggest you ask the seller to make their own arrangements to collect the item from you and not go to the expense of sending it yourself.

Paypal cannot reverse the claim,you can leave negative feedback for the seller but the seller can only leave positive or no feedback for you.

I have had eBay items returned and always paid for the return postage as well as a full refund.

As Paypal have already refunded you in full you are in a good position as they do not normally refund until the seller has received the item back.

Because the seller ignored all contact you have won the claim.

Exactly. The seller can't just ignore you (i.e the dispute/claim) when it suits him, but then when PayPal decide against him then he wakes up and asks for his item back. So just keep the item, PayPal haven't told you that you have to return it as part of the claim, have they ?

If the seller wants it back, then tell him he'll have to pay for shipping, get him to send you pre-paid labels or something (don't just take his word for it that he'll refund you after you've already paid to send it back).

i'd tell him to bolt if he was that bothered about it he would have answered the dispute!!and what exactly is the boy going to do???come knocking on your door. :lol::lol:

Paypal did not tell me after I won the claim that I had to send the item back. It was first when I phoned paypal after I got the email from the seller asking it back that paypal told me to send it back what else are the going to say....the seller is there customer to.... I don't know what will happen if I don't send it back but right now I think I will give it a try :devil: or send paypal an email explaining my case and ask what I am obligated to do.

I have tried to solve this with the seller before doing a dispute but he didn't return my emails and he didn't respond to the dispute nor claim. I therefor feel that he has him self to blaim if he gets nothing. I have certainly done what I can...

Shipping the arm rest back will cost me £130-190 which is far more then I bought it for including shipping. If I have to pay for shipping there is no point in sending it back, cheaper to pay the seller what he whants for it but then what is the point in doing a dispute/claim? I don't understand paypal's rules.... They have the saftey of disputes/claims but when it's done it doesn't matter very smart...

Asking the seller to arrange there own shipping is a nice option thanks for that steve2006 and ofcourse thanks to everyone else. You all have been a big help including Rob :P :D (post #21)

More thoughts are very much welcome!

Very easy way to deal with this bearing in mind he did not dispute your claim.

I'd suggest that he arranges his own courier for the item, send him an email showing it all

safely packaged and addressed, and say he has 21 days in which time you will expect

his courier to come and collect the item from you, after that you will then be left with

no other option than to dispose of it.......

Guest inicol63

I with the big ern.

I think paypal are a right bunch of muppets say to the seller that the item is packed and ready for your collection.

You are not refusing to give the goods back all your doing is making him pay the postage.

But give the guy some bad feedback what ever the outcome, maybe he then think twice on how to submit a items listing.

He would of had right problems with using his paypal account while this was being dealt with.

What ever you do just allow 28 days with every email he may just get feed up and forget to pusure it any further.

HA HA ok you are lucky paypal gave u the money back before sending the item to the seller - if the money is still in your paypal account TAKE IT OUT NOW!!!! or paypal could take it from you if the seller complains too much.

I agree with the others, email the seller and tell him he has 28 days to arrange collection of the item at his own cost.

HA HA ok you are lucky paypal gave u the money back before sending the item to the seller - if the money is still in your paypal account TAKE IT OUT NOW!!!! or paypal could take it from you if the seller complains too much.

I agree with the others, email the seller and tell him he has 28 days to arrange collection of the item at his own cost.

It was a joke I hope you understod that. I am greatfull and respect your post!

I don't think luck has anything to do with it. I am not certain but I think I got a full refund directly because the seller didn't respond to the claim, he has 10 days to respond. If he had choose to respond, paypal may not have decided in my favor. Because he didn't respond paypal automaticly gave me a full refund without looking into the case and give a verdict. You could say that he admits that I was right and he was wrong. I have transfered the money already, to order the missing parts from toyota...a order I have now canceled...

He will absolutly never ever get a positive feedback from me! We could have dealt with this our selfs and far more smoother but he made his choice...!

Asking him to arrange shippment is a good idea but I feel there is now hurry..! :D I will not pay him for shipping possibly a fair amount for the item but thats it! Considering all the hassle i think that would be kind of me to do, to kind perhaps....

agreed with wozza.

dont sinkto his level and not respond but send him what wozza said for him to collect. show him the shipping costs if you arrange or that he can arrange himself. if he doesnt want to do that then offer to pay him MINUS the cost/half the cost of the replacement parts from toyota.

to be fair to the seller he did say what you see is what you get so you should take some of the ownership for the error but he could have dealt with it a lot better..

You are right I shouldn't sink to his level but I still wonder and don't know what exactly I am obligated to do.

I feel that asking him to arrange shipping is the best option. What if I tell him how much shipping is and he decides that he wants it back just to cause trouble for me... I would then have to pay more for the shipping then I did for the non complete assembly before all this started.

It would be an entirely different story if the worlds "complete assembly" hadn't been in the items description, then I wouldn't argue and if he felt he was right and I wrong why didn't he fight for it....? And in a way I have admit my "error". I asked him if we could fix this somehow. Pay 50/50 each for the missing parts for exampel would be fine by me but I didn't get a reply... I have done what I can and been a good customer asking and giving him the option to correct this but as I said earlier he showed no interrest in that.

Just tell him that the item is available for him to arrange collection, and leave it to him. If he does come back to you and tell you he's picking it up then that's fine, you can package it up for him but he'll have to be the one arranging it all (and paying for it). As you said he's missed out on his opportunity to arrange a 50/50 deal or similar by not responding during the dispute.

I found this on the paypal website

"Will I have to return the item I purchased?

Most stores require that you return merchandise to be eligible for a refund. Similarly, you may be required to return an item to PayPal or the seller to be eligible for a refund.

You are responsible for costs involved in shipping and handling the item and we strongly suggest that you use a shipping service that can provide tracking."

Weird rule....that puts me in a very bad spot! Whats the point then I wonder...

Paypal sinks more and more.... I have an other issue with them as well which has going on for months now. Don't have a working credit card registered at paypal, I have my old canceled card registered.... nowdays I transfer money to paypal instead that way I can't loose more money then I have at paypal, feels safer...

I found this on the paypal website

"Will I have to return the item I purchased?

Most stores require that you return merchandise to be eligible for a refund. Similarly, you may be required to return an item to PayPal or the seller to be eligible for a refund.

You are responsible for costs involved in shipping and handling the item and we strongly suggest that you use a shipping service that can provide tracking."

But PayPal have already sorted out your refund, so you were clearly eligible for a refund, therefore PayPal aren't saying you have to return it.

If you're still not sure, then phone up PayPal and say that you're going to tell the seller he can arrange collection himself, and see what they say.

Yes that is true! I didn't read it orderly/understand it correct, thank you Steviewevie! The english is also a bit difficult to understand....not used to it....thank you!

I did phone paypal yesterday and explained but I don't think the lady understod me correctly. They also had som computer error and therefor was unable to log into the system and take a look at my case. I have now sent an email to them and I will wait to see what the say before I contact the seller.

fingers crossed....