Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Black Box

Hi guys!

Not been around for ages so sorry about that. Don't recognise a lot of the names round here now but I'm sure a lot of the old faces are still around somewhere! Car has been going well but not much in the way of mods since I've been away from LOC (proof you lot are a bad influence methinks!). Couple of pics of the car taken a few weeks ago:

shoot1.jpgshoot2.jpg

Since then someone has driven into the back of me (yet again...) but that's been sorted out now.

Anyway, the reason I'm here... and you guessed it... I needed some help. Car has cut out on me a few times but had no idea what was causing it until a few days ago when it seemed to die completely but then recovered itself into 'limp mode' with an error code. Read the code which was "P0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction". Searched the forums for some info and I'm guessing my TTE black box has given up the ghost, so will need to replace it with an HKS FCD STD. Can anyone recommend anywhere to get one? Or any more likely cause of the problem if you think it's something else?

In the mean time, if I remove the black box and disconnect the bypass cable I'm assuming I can use the car as normal after resetting the ECU (to get it out of 'limp mode'). Is it just a case of cutting the 4 wires or will I need to join two of them back together again until I get the new box to attach?

Seems to have been a few people had a similar problem recently with these black boxes... they don't seem to be up to Toyota's usual reliable standards!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome back mate,

You need to reconnect the wires that join to the green and yellow wires on the TTE box back together.

but the other two just tap into the wires so thats fine.

You'll also need to loosen the belt on the charger and remove it, or just stay off full boost and drive carefully.

You can get the FCD's off eBay mate and theres plenty of threads with the wiring picture in. But yeah it sounds like the FCD is faulty to me mate.

The front bumper looks awesome by the way.

Thanks guys, knew you'd help me out. Ordered an HKS FCD from Prolex - didn't find any in this country on eBay. Found the other threads about them so should be pretty straightforward to fit thanks to the advice given there.

Pretty sure I had that bumper the last few times I've seen you Stav - been on for nearly two years now! BTW, I've still not got round to wiring in that Racelogic Traction Control unit you were helping me with a while back. Come to think of it I have loads of stuff in cupboards/the shed/on top of bedroom wardrobes to go on the car that I never got round to. Really should have a look at what's there!

@Asi: thanks, did a lot of work on the car a long time ago...

Few more pics from that shoot (photos taken by KT Photography by the way):

shoot9.jpg

shoot8.jpg

shoot7.jpg

shoot6.jpg

shoot5.jpg

shoot4.jpg

shoot3.jpg

Probably should have started another thread to show these pics but I've done it now.

Hello there stranger, thought i aint seen you for a while!!! Hope your well anyway mate? Im still not in my house yet, but if u ever drive past you should see some improvements lol!! As for the car....still off the road :(

Hi Adam,

this pic may help if you wire in the HKS FCD Std

HKSFCD.jpg

The wring is as follows

HKS FCD to Car

RED to RED

BLACK to BLACK

WHITE to YELLOW

YELLOW to GREEN

Your IS200 is looking great matey, I remember that bumper, looks awesome !!

Great to see you back on LOC :D

Got the new FCD fitted and been for a quick spin. Everything seems ok, but didn't really boot it though. Guess I'll see on my way to work tomorrow!

Cheers for the advice (and the pic, Wozza) and also thanks for the compliments on the car, everyone.

Just been reading up a bit on LOC stuff... Stav has a new engine (looks great mate!), Aztec eventually got his car charged and then the unthinkable happened (I'm so gutted for him...) and I can't believe you're actually getting round to fitting your s/c Chris!

@CIJ: I'm fine mate, drive past the end of your street nearly every day but not past your house becuase that street doesn't exactly go anywhere. Keep an eye out for your Lex outside but not seen it there for a long while. Guess I know why now... hurry up and get that charger sorted!

:offtopic: But hello stranger, :D Been a long time and hope you guys are doing well :)

Yours is still looking great mate and love the pic's :D

Yeh i got the charger fitted after a long time wanting one but as you know it only lasted for less than a 1000 miles :rolleyes:

Hopefully be back on the road again very soon with another project :D

Heres a couple of pics of how mine looked before the fire, had come a long way since you last saw it?

DSCF2443.jpg

DSCF3227_edited.jpg

DSCF2450.jpg

Will have to catch up sometime mate :D

Car looks fantastic in them pics mate. Saw a few more while looking through some old threads too and I'm amazed at how clean and shiny you kept that engine bay. I'm quite embarrassed by the state of mine...

Gutted for you mate, but just typical that was the area of the car that suffered the damage. I'm hoping you are your normal positive self and looking forward to the new project and not dwelling on the old one too much.

My car is still working so I'm guessing the new FCD has sorted it. Been driving it a lot more gently since then though, must be saving a fortune on fuel!

I was wondering where you got those very lovely wheels from?. I would really like a pair and cant find them anywhere.

Moffet's wheels ? They look like the regular OEM wheels where he (or someone else) has painted the centres black.

Aztecbandit1 did something similar to his wheels fairly recently (then sold them on eBay I think ?). Have a search for his threads and you'll find what he did.

You could probably pay a wheel refurbishment company to do this for you, if you don't fancy tackling it yourself.