Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Palladio Silver Paint Substitute

I need to spray the small plastic tow hook cover on the rear of my car having replaced it after loss. Lexus don't do a spray can of the Palladio Silver. Anyone had any success with a substitute that's close?

Malc

I need to spray the small plastic tow hook cover on the rear of my car having replaced it after loss. Lexus don't do a spray can of the Palladio Silver. Anyone had any success with a substitute that's close?

Malc

halfrauds have colour chip cards and can also match paint i'd try their.

Do those parts not come colour coded? Seems odd as I'd imagine it's an easy part to lose and a silly part to have to have sprayed.........

But as above, Halfords should be able to sort it out, or else someone like Chipsaway should also be able to paint it for you as well.

I find it hard to believe that Lexus don't do that colour in a spray, they do all their other colours. What is the colour code? You could try a Toyota dealer.

Please....give me a little credit :crybaby: I ordered the plastic cap from Lexus Derby and they said the touchup only comes in chip pen form not spray can.

I find it hard to believe that Lexus don't do that colour in a spray, they do all their other colours. What is the colour code? You could try a Toyota dealer.

Please....give me a little credit :crybaby: I ordered the plastic cap from Lexus Derby and they said the touchup only comes in chip pen form not spray can.

As the guys say give Halfords the paint code & they will mix it for you ....... presuming their mixing machine isn't having an 'off' day like our one has for most days of the week :rolleyes:

As the guys say give halfords the paint code & they will mix it for you ....... presuming their mixing machine isn't having an 'off' day like our one has for most days of the week :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip. Just been down there and ordered some at £10.99 a can (ouch!)

Machine was OK but they had no cans....DOH!

Paint code was 1F2

Malc

As the guys say give halfords the paint code & they will mix it for you ....... presuming their mixing machine isn't having an 'off' day like our one has for most days of the week :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip. Just been down there and ordered some at £10.99 a can (ouch!)

Machine was OK but they had no cans....DOH!

Paint code was 1F2

Malc

you could have got it cheaper from toyota!!!

Like I said, they said it wasn't available in spray form. How many times............. :tsktsk:

:lol: Think your name may be catching :winky:

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted :D

Not doubting you, just I don't know how many times I've been told by a Toyota/Lexus dealer that something isn't available only to find out it is by another dealer. :angry:

Tried the Halfords option. Not terribly impressed with the result but that could be me. The colour seems slightly darker but that seemed to happen when I got a bit of a thick coat on by accident. Also, the lacquer I'm using seems to darken the colour slightly as well.

Might rub it down and try again at the weekend.

Remember, this is amateur hour lol

Malc

Like I said, they said it wasn't available in spray form. How many times............. :tsktsk:

i checked today and yes it is available in spray form!!!!!!i work for them!!!!!!!!! if the garage you try'd didnt have it they can put in a stock order for it and it would have been in two days later!

Sorry if this seems pedantic, but you did say you tried at Lexus, and Ormi suggested that you can get it from Toyota (not the same thing).

Sorry if this seems pedantic, but you did say you tried at Lexus, and Ormi suggested that you can get it from Toyota (not the same thing).

In this case it is the same thing! Lexus Derby spares and servicing are in the Toyota dealership.

i checked today and yes it is available in spray form!!!!!!i work for them!!!!!!!!! if the garage you try'd didnt have it they can put in a stock order for it and it would have been in two days later!

B******DS! I feel a rant coming on. Could you give me a part number or stock number please?

Thanks

Malc

:lol: Think your name may be catching :winky: .................dont try and be smart!! :tsktsk: can get from toyota no problem!!

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted :D

braindead

i'll get the all the info needed tomorrow mate.

braindead

i'll get the all the info needed tomorrow mate.

Many thanks but please don't go to any trouble. I'm only going to use it show the nice chap in the parts department that he was wrong. It's the second time he's rubbed me up the wrong way. First time he took the order for the tow hook plug but then "forgot" so I had to re-order. If I wanted that kind of service I'd have bought a French car Grrrrrrr.

Malc

• 5 years later...

Hi

Just bought the touch up brush set from Lexus/Toyota. Wanted Palladio Silver but they provided 1F2 Mercury Metallic. Just in case this info is any use to anyone this seems to be the nearest match they now make

Trevor

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links