Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Respray Cost

Does any body know how much a full respray on the Lexus would cost.

a friend of mine who's in the business said he could do it for anywhere between £700-1000 for a cash job depending how much work it'd take,it's gonna cost me £100-150 to get my splitter done so might as well go all the way with it and I know he'd do an excellent job as he's done his own jag in a custom flip colour,is this a realistic price

I'm not talking bare metal respray,I'm sticking with the same colour,it's just that I have various scratches and stone chips so I'm thinking of getting all round the car done instead of having fresh paint on panels and old paint on others

That sounds really cheap to me, I would've thought a full respray would be around £3-4000.........

If you know the guy and trust he'll do a good job then it sounds like a really good deal :)

*EDIT* Just saw your update, fair enough then, it's still cheap but not the bargain I thought it was :P

I had mine done about 2 years ago now, I know a lad at the garage and got me a deal. £1750 for the TRD bodykit sprayed, fitted and all the car resprayed. It was the same colour, so din't need anything other than the exteranl done. But it got rid of a load of stone chips and a few supermarket carpark scratches. The trouble with plat ice is if you wanted one panel doing they'd have to do a panel either side to blend it in. So a full respray for that price didn't seem too bad.

IMO anything less than 1.5k isnt going to be the best quality..

ive been quoted in the region 500/700 for the bonnet n front end the around £250 fpr the one side. Lexus wanted near 5K!

Take a trip around a few garage's and ask take a look around the workshop area, making sure it's clean and tidy and plenty of light. If the company doesn't want to show you around they may have something to hide. A price can always be negotiated and it does help to know someone in the business, also if you can put business there way they may give you a discount but you'll have to prove it :)

I can give you the number for the place that did mine but wouldn't have thought they'd be as cheap now as my mate has now left, and they do a lot more insurance work now.

the reason its so cheap is coz its his mate. if you've seen his work and you know him well i'd say go for it mate coz if he does a good job you'll smile every time you see your car, but as the others have said a bad respray isnt easy to fix and it will make you cry everytime you look at it. :crybaby::crybaby: and other people laugh when they see it.

I see cheap/bad re-sprays all the time & they stand out a country mile, if you car is clean & polished it will even more. But if he is your mate & going to do a good job for you & not charge you the earth then go for it. Mine is currently in the shop having 4 panels bare metal resprayed & its not cheap but you get what you pay for I just wish I had a mate with a bodyshop lol :D

Baz

sorry to go a little :offtopic: , but can u reccomend anywhere in the midlands barry to get some spray work done?? I've been looking round a few places but always better to have a few more contacts....

I will be happy to pass on the details of this chap who's doing mine once I've inspected it on collection, will keep you informed Rob

Baz

• 1 month later...
yes bazza he does and i had agreed to get some stuff done through him. But since i asked for a date/time (several times) to book the car in and drive over to MK i've heard nothing....
rob,jackson coach works is near to you and they have an excellent reputation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links