Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short Shifter Fitting Guide?

stav918

Hi,

I have bought a short shifter and would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of the fitting guide that is on here somewhere, i have looked for the last 2 days and i cant find it.

cheers

steve

Got mine from eBay (won the auction at £36 +£10 p&p). The seller was Graham Goode Racing. There were 2 of these on eBay last week (B&M ones) - I got one and Redz_uk got the other one.

You are right- these are normally £200, although I think there was a LOC groupbuy a few years ago when Graham Goode Racing were selling these LOC members for £99.

Edit: No idea how good/bad the Japspeed shortshifter is- Sorry.

hey were did you get your b&m short shifter, i was looking around and the one i could find was £200, is there any difference between it and the Japspeed one that is £50?

graham goode

eBay auctions.. a lot less than £200 :shutit:

I'm not sure if the IS300 shortshift will fit a UK IS200?

I thought the US IS300 gearbox is different from the UK IS200? The US got a manual IS300, but the UK only got the IS300 as a auto.

I thought the US IS300 gearbox is different from the UK IS200? The US got a manual IS300, but the UK only got the IS300 as a auto.

Yeah that's what i thought but i got it at a good price and i can usually make these things fit with a little bit of effort.

i will post my findings when i have had a chance to fit it.

The japspeed one looks to be the austrian built one that Prolex sell. I have the prolex one fitted and its great. Drove my parents Touran all last week and the thing i missed the most was my gearbox.

Only problem is that any vibrations you had are amplified.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

just a quick update on my ralco short shifter, yes you were right it didnt fit, it was too long so i cut it down and re-welded the bottom ball back on and with a little fettling it works, i reckon it has reduced the throw by about 60%, really made a big difference to the car, i like it :D