Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Stig ?

He's going to remove his "helmit"? :lol: :shutit:

Personally I'm gonna go with the general consensus that it's Ben Collins............should be interesting though, wonder why they've decided to unmask him?

*EDIT* that's actually a good point aaron, it probably will just be another sketch........

Well, now you all know what I do when I'm not being a driving instructor. :blink:

Damn you've let it slip too soon, we were supposed to be told tomorrow :whistling: :P

so hes taking the helmet off but what about the face hood/balaclave thing they wear underneath??

I wonder if he'd even wear one of those fireproof thingys when he's testing road cars?

I have a suspicion that it actually is more than one driver. That way they can use whichever driver is available, but people still accept it as one person which makes the consistency of the lap times more believable. If you knew it was Lewis Hamilton one week and Narain Karthikeyan the next, people would say 'oh well of course the Aston lapped quicker than the Audi, it had Lewis driving it!' Bu by always using the 'same' driver, people are more likely to look at the cars being the deciding factor in that crucial 1/10 second laptime difference.

I have a suspicion that it actually is more than one driver. That way they can use whichever driver is available, but people still accept it as one person which makes the consistency of the lap times more believable. If you knew it was Lewis Hamilton one week and Narain Karthikeyan the next, people would say 'oh well of course the Aston lapped quicker than the Audi, it had Lewis driving it!' Bu by always using the 'same' driver, people are more likely to look at the cars being the deciding factor in that crucial 1/10 second laptime difference.

A very good analysis,

and a very good point,

Well not long to go !

Seriously doesn't everyone actually know alread?

There have been 4 'Stig's' in total.

Ben Collions aswell as Mark Goodwin were 2 of them....a HM Forces Super Advanced Driver also does some of them too.

It depends which car's what license is needed and what insurance it needs also.

Micheal Schumacher was there as Ferrari would only let him drive the New Ferrari round the test track.

I'm guessing Schumacher is one a very limited amount of people who is actually allowed to drive that Ferrari FXX.

What a car though! It looked savage going round the track

Did anyone wonder why the stig was not allowed to drive it? They actually said the reason, the owners pay for it and the only get to drive it on track with Ferrari present and them taking the car there for them. Generous though the owners might be you really think they would allow anyone else to drive there car and Ferrari would not under any circumstance tell who owned those cars. The only other drivers allowed to drive would be the Ferrari test drivers and the man who basically fine tuned it.............. you guessed it Scuhey! Although that car is probably Ferrari's own car, and a one of a kind so Ferrari drivers only need apply.

there is suposed to only be one black one and it belongs to scuemacher.

Don't forget that hes also Ferrari's F1 adviser and it was coincidentally the British GP this weekend. :P

I've hear that there's going to be a different Stig revealed in every episode this series.

I was trying to explain to the missus why you WOULD spend £1million on that car, but she just couldnt get it.

It'd be ace. Ring Ferrari, tell them you'd like it bringing to the Nurburgring, jump on a plane fly over and its there waiting for you fully serviced ready to go.

Not sure it works like that Stav - I think you only get to Race it in the official Ferrari race series which IIRC is about 10 times a yr. It's basically a research exercise for Ferrari funded by the customers. Not knocking it - cos if I had a spare mil (and received the invatation) I'd be doing it too!

Also how did it get to stay on the lap board? There's no way it can go over speed bumps - well except in the back of a Ferrari lorry:)

No i think you can drive it on Ferrari's test track at Fiorano anytime you like (with prior notice of course), not just in their race series. Not sure they'd let you do it at another track though (like the nurburgring)

Seems aaron was right on the money, it was just another sketch - for those that were confused they did actually say at the end of the programme that he wasn't the real stig. I knew something was up when they had the FXX on, firstly as Ferrari have been very secretive about it, and secondly as someone said already the special all black one was Schumachers...........

Good episode all round though :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links