Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaky Noise

Has anyone had problems with any part of there interior squeaking ?

Over the past few months my car has developed a rather annoying and fairly constant squeak. This just happens when ever it feels like, doesn't seem to be anything to do with bumpy roads etc.

I got my girlfriend to sit in the back and try and pinpoint the noise (no luck there......women <_< )

Any chance it could be one of the front seats ??!!!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - I will try and get it to the dealers some time soon.

cheers :)

Paul

known squeek hot spots:

seat belt buckle (give it a push)

sunroof...when open (close it)

drivers door panels (check screw inside handle)

top seatbelt mount (litle spring vibrates)

behind dash (when cold, wires touch each other)

gear stick gaiter (twist lock ring at top)

i sometimes get a little rattle bottom right of dash - thought was keys but if hold them, still get it. Only occasional so will leave it.

Buckle is very annoying - getting them changed for 2nd time on Friday.

Also notice that clutch pedal occasionally squeeks, if you put your foot on it, press it down then move foot side to side, pedal moves a bit and squeeks - annoying!!!

Also notice that clutch pedal occasionally squeeks, if you put your foot on it, press it down then move foot side to side, pedal moves a bit and squeeks - annoying!!!

Reminds me.........

Got that one as well !!! :angry:

I've got an intermittant squeek on the drivers seat. Around the left buttock area.

Mine's in for a service now and they're apparently changing that part of the seat for a new one. :huh:

a very common squeak is caused by plastic parts within the belt buckle rubbing together, this is cured in 2 mins by applying a few drobs of oil into the buckle and operating the release button until the squeaking stops.

• 1 month later...

Anyone got a cure for the seat belt spring rattle - I currently leave belt slightly twisted to stop the noise but it looks really untidy ... :duh:

My Seat has just started squeaking in the past week. Same as RYX above. Around the left buttock area. Bl**dy annoying it is too. I'll be speaking to the dealer soon. Just want to make sure it does it all the time, otherwise i'll take it in and the ruddy thing won't squeak for the dealer! Don't you just hate it when that happens!!

Apart from that there does seem to be a rattle coming from the rear of the inside, but can't figure out exactly where it's from.

Have fun

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links