Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17 Or 18

flow666

I am wanting to put new alloys on my car found some lovely looking ones today... be about the 750 mark with tyres I thought was a good price, mine are currently 17 do I have to buy them or can I put 18 on.... would it make alot of difference...

blonde girly so dont really understand much

Yes you can fit 18" wheels no problem, just have to make sure the offset is correct for the car itself before you buy, with the 18" alloys you'll need 225/40/18 tyre's.

The best thing to do is post a picture of the wheels your looking at or a link to them, and a lot of the guys on here will be able to tell you if there the right fit or not :)

so as suggested this is the wheel I thought was nice looking.. my lexus is black and I like shiney things so I thought they might look good... I was advised against chrome

would they be suitable

post-14620-1246739297.jpg

so as suggested this is the wheel I thought was nice looking.. my lexus is black and I like shiney things so I thought they might look good... I was advised against chrome

would they be suitable

post-14620-1246739297.jpg

would they be suitable

That does look a nice wheel for a black Lex and if its got the right offset and stud pattern it hould be ok,

If you can get the size and the offset for the wheels we should be able to tell you if they will fit or not? you'll need a 5x114.3 stud pattern for the wheel and around 40-50 offset, most of the oem lexus 18" alloys have an offset of 50.. :)

pleased you think they will look ok...

you have lost me... whats offset and how would I know..??

on the website they say the tyre size is 215-35-18 aztec you quoted something different so I am completely confuzed now...

Ok, I've just had a look at the team dynamics site, and the 18" wheels are 18" x 7.5" - which makes them the same size as the Lexus 18" alloys. Therefore to keep the overall wheel size the same, the best tyre size would be the same as Lexus fitted or as Aztec said above.......225/40/18. You could also use 235/35/18 if you want a bit more rubber but I definitely wouldn't go smaller.

Also it appears these wheels are available with offsets of 25, 37 and 45 of which the one you want for the IS is 45.

I hope that all makes sense :)

I had 225/40 18's and the speedo was more accurate with them on too, chrome didn't look bad on mine either(see pic), altho I am not a fan and went back to original 17's

Shiny1.jpg