Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back Wheel Problem

flow666

Hello...

Need some advice regarding my back wheel IS200... this wont sound very clever so hope some one can help me...

I got a puncture the other day which is all sorted now with a new tyre I couldnt take the wheel off myself far to girly so some very nice friend helped me out but we found a probelm you know how the wheel is held on with 5 nuts... 1 has been snapped off so currently only have 4 holding the wheel on which I guess is safe enough but how do I go about fixing the problem...

Can I get a new thread welded on or do I need buy the bit that has the 5 bits sticking out of to put the nuts onto...?? hope this is making some sense and someone can point me in the right directions... and please dont tell me to go to lexus they will charge me the earth...

Any ideas please......

Hiya, yes you can buy a new wheel stud,

The old broken one will need to be tapped out of the hub itself, Not 100% sure if it can be done with the hub still in place so might need to remove it first before sliding a new on in? but sure it can be done?

The thread Size for the studs are : 12x1.5

and i'm not 100% sure but think the thread Length is : 35MM but may be 30mm so you would need to check? :)

That is very good news I was thinking I would need to buy the whole lot...

so take the thing off completely first your saying then put a new thing in its place... where would I buy the thread from.. Lexus.. or any hardwear place..??

That is very good news I was thinking I would need to buy the whole lot...

so take the thing off completely first your saying then put a new thing in its place... where would I buy the thread from.. Lexus.. or any hardwear place..??

Yeh the rear brake disc has to come off so you can get to the old one,and the old one would need tapping out before putting the new one in the hole,

Lexus would probably be the best place to get a new one? shouldn't cost much and at least you'll have the right thread pattern/size that you need :)

thank you... I posted this in the is200 forum aswell before I saw there was a wheel one and he has suggested I replace all 5 for safety so think I will pop over to lexus to pick 5 then do that with a little help from a friend... then all should be safe...

thank you