Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex-uk Track/sprint/hill Climb Car

Dave-Ellen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking very good Dave :D well done, when you fitting the coilovers ?

Next week................

Dont laugh................I'm fitting them at the local garage :crybaby: they will assist me when I balls it up......................should be here next week

schedule is

Cat 1 alarm

Fit seats

Fit 3G brakes and yellowstuff pads

Fit Kakimoto 3" zorst

Look at adapting JZA80 down pipe to fit

Fit coilovers

coilovers & 255/40 * 17 Toyo R888 tyres (rears) arrived today

Looks like it will retain electric seats for fore & aft movement which will be cool (seats are fixed back buckets)

Decided not to use the 4 point harnessess yet as the seats are quite small and my bum a tad large so i'll be well wedged in

coilovers & 255/40 * 17 Toyo R888 tyres (rears) arrived today

Looks like it will retain electric seats for fore & aft movement which will be cool (seats are fixed back buckets)

Decided not to use the 4 point harnessess yet as the seats are quite small and my bum a tad large so i'll be well wedged in

why do you want fore and aft movements ?

get rid of those heavy motors !

well wedged in until you are upside down !! even your fat bum wont be enough to hold the rest of you :lol:

Car is ready..........

But..............

Alarm not here :-(

At the moment it has no security at all so can't take it til the cat 1 is fitted.....bit fed up

would have thought a dog would be better security than a cat :P

Car is ready..........

But..............

Alarm not here :-(

At the moment it has no security at all so can't take it til the cat 1 is fitted.....bit fed up

would have thought a dog would be better security than a cat :P

actually its a toad :blush:

why cant you take it?

dont the locks work?

they do but insurance was granted on basis it had a cat 2 alarm which I thought it had.....they will not pay out for theft as it is now....its in a locked compound in a locked & alarmed workshop so quite safe

Should be ready for me to take it to the ring though :winky:

why cant you take it?

dont the locks work?

they do but insurance was granted on basis it had a cat 2 alarm which I thought it had.....they will not pay out for theft as it is now....its in a locked compound in a locked & alarmed workshop so quite safe

Should be ready for me to take it to the ring though :winky:

Don't imports have to have cat 1 fitted when they come into the uk ? or is this just on newer cars coming into the uk ?

@Dave - have you had chance to take a good drive with the BC Racing Coilovers? They seem to be getting quite popular with alot of other car makes too......... a few on the Honda S2000 club have them and rate them highly.

I also thought all imports had to have a cat 2 as minimum so thats what i said to Mr Flux.....when the form came to say what make I was stymied as there was none !

@ Annees not driven it yet but guy doing set up said at hardest setting it was bone jarring. Has fiddled with damping settings and says its now firm but nice. Hopefully will be able to report back later today.

I've sold loads of the BC with no bad reports to date couple of guys on here bought them not sure if they've commented

Looks good Dave, where'd you get the Soarer from think i've seen it floating on a forum before maybe Drift works or something.

You going manual or keeping auto ???? With your contacts you should be able to get a cheap R154 box and bell housing from either Japan or US

Good luck with which ever route you go

Guy from soarer world.

Picking it up tomorrow with cat 1 alarm fitted. getting it noise tested prior to first event.

only driven in 30 miles since getting it......................need some practice time and setting up coilovers

Guy from soarer world.

Picking it up tomorrow with cat 1 alarm fitted. getting it noise tested prior to first event.

only driven in 30 miles since getting it......................need some practice time and setting up coilovers

Where and when is you 1st event then ?

Guy from soarer world.

Sunday.

Barkston Heath.

TSS.

Think its £4 fpr spectators pop over to the TSS forum to pay your dosh if you want to see it get excluded at scrutineering :crybaby:

Then following weekend at Woodbridge near Ipswich

Guy from soarer world.

Sunday.

Barkston Heath.

TSS.

Think its £4 fpr spectators pop over to the TSS forum to pay your dosh if you want to see it get excluded at scrutineering :crybaby:

Then following weekend at Woodbridge near Ipswich

Back to work for me Sunday :o

few more pictures………….

Lightweight seats

insideb.jpg

with electric motors…………fore & aft

seatselec.jpg

front air intake

intake1m.jpg

with 3” ducting

intake5.jpg

ducting to air box

intake2u.jpg

ducting to intercooler

intake3.jpg

some general pics

rears.jpg

rearear.jpg

sidetfz.jpg

sidebrakes.jpg

topbol.jpg

jobs still to do

lots………..

Did first event with no real dramas.

Car went well.

They reveresed the Barkston heath sprint circuit so was like visiting a new track.

Was hoping it was the normal course so I could see had bad I was compared to previous attempts.....

Will post some pictures up later along with times