Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 .... Another One Possible Write Off

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think 3.5 is fair. Insurance is there to put you back in the exact same positiion as you were before the crash ie buying a v reg with 80k for 3.5, so check parkers guide for value etc and view autotrader, the 3.5 can be disputed if you can find similar cars (from private sales only) for more money, (i worked for rbs motorclaims) and use these exact examples to dispute, but 3.5 seems fair, i would put a couple a grand to it and buy a lot newer if you still want an is200, also to buy yours seems cheap but i paid 1440 for my cat c and needed a lot less work, jigging is not cheap and most firms would charge well over a grand to jig your chassis legs etc and it needs to be done properly as it's such heavy damage. It's not my business but would advise you to steer well clear of repairing this one mate.

Sorry to hear mate but I have to agree with John above. The car will never feel the same especially if you end up having to do things on the cheap to make it financially worthwhile. Also as said by soemone else you would have an accident damaged car worth jack**** when you come to sell it. Try and negotiate a bit with insurance company although starting offer doesnt sound too bad - give them a copy of the service history , prove the low miles etc and say you want £4k and they will offer £3750 - then settle for that kind of figure and bargain hard when you go with cash for your next one. Good luck

So are u gonna repair it mate? Judging by the pics thats really heavy damage and isnt worth repairing I think. I'm surprised that the insurance didnt allow u to take bits off it like the stereo and then u coulda let them keep the car. I'd say either break it or sell it on. U'll get some money for it...defo more than what u paid to buy it back.

right here goes

bonnet,hinges.2x wings,front panel,bonnet catch plus cable, bumper,poss crash bar,head lamp washers,head lamps,any clips that go with them+support pannels ,grill,radiator,ac condenser,timing covers ,air intake,poss acc belts(p/s,a/c) poss some jig work(chassis legs and innerwings),poss a/c pump,poss pas pump,a/c pipes,poss p/s pipes,cooling fans a/c fans paint,alighnment of all panels labour,and vat

might be more thats just going on the pic.

by the look of it, the head lamp washers may have missed the majority of the impact. just snapped the plastic cover off the top. the bumper went under the back of what ever you hit so most of the bamage would be higher up. it could have been a hell of alot worse, the front is designed to crumple up like that, stops you from getting hurt. should be repairable by the look of it.

even if you dont repair it, buy it back and part it up. you can get money for anything that isnt damaged. you could easy make more that the £500 your paying to get it back. some one offered me a couple of hundred for my standard lexy wheels a couple of weeks back. had to say no for 2 reasons: 1, keeping them to put back on when i eventuly do sell. 2, hes a complete f**king idiot and eants to put them on a passat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links