Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Disc's And Pads

elland

I have just fitted EBC redstuff pads and turbo grooved discs. I have only done 10miles on them so far and they seem ok need to give a bit longer before I really see how they preform. I got mine of eBay from a company called Larkspeep. They quick delivery and good customer survice.

I will update on how the brakes are doing after they have done a couple of hundred miles.

Mintex discs and pads are well priced and great but i have my eye on some of these LEXUS IS200 GROOVED brake discs EBC PADS FRONT REAR £200 on eBay you can get ebc pads that have less brake dust

i must admit the mintex discs warp if u love driving like something out of fast and furious so thats why im looking at these discs and pads.

EBC pads - Anyone know the differences between Green, Red and Black stuff?

I had Green on my XR2i years and years ago....they were awesome!!

My mate has black on his Golf GTI....also brilliant...

And Ive seen red advertised on eBay for the IS.....any ideas?

EBC pads - Anyone know the differences between Green, Red and Black stuff?

I had Green on my XR2i years and years ago....they were awesome!!

My mate has black on his Golf GTI....also brilliant...

And Ive seen red advertised on ebay for the IS.....any ideas?

Green for cars under 200bhp.

Red for cars over 200-250bhp.

Yellow for cars with serious power and being tracked.

Black is a replacement for OEM.

The top 2 are good for dust control.

When talking for powerful cars EBC are not rated, its your Pagids and Ferrods.

Sound advice - cheers all :-)

Would anyone advise against using green stuff pads with mintex discs? Dont need any extra braking performance as Im satisfied with the response from a standard setup....but will the green stuffs be kind to the Mintex discs?? Or should I just go all out and get an EBC front setup?

Sound advice - cheers all :-)

Would anyone advise against using green stuff pads with mintex discs? Dont need any extra braking performance as Im satisfied with the response from a standard setup....but will the green stuffs be kind to the Mintex discs?? Or should I just go all out and get an EBC front setup?

Should be fine. Just less carbon dust.

Just got back from the 'ring. The brakes are awesome after 3 laps one after another and they never faded once and the brake peddle remained hard and positive. I would seriously recommend them to anyone. Shop around to make sure you get them at a good price as they are loads out their asking silly money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links