Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Notice Of Inpending Prosecution.

fil4362

Well this case still rolls on. The press have been issued a statement from the police saying they will not proceed with the case at this time. The local paper rang me to read out the statement over the phone.

I personally have not recieved anything from anyone either the ticket office or the police stating the same. i have filled in the required paper work and returned it to the ticket office as required. They have not replied in anyway shape or form.

As far as i am concerned the case rolls on and the solution is still no clearer. I still get quoted section 219 of the highway code which states something along the lines of assisting the police and get out of their way but still conforming to road signs. In English move unless theres a road sign that says dont move.

I have had letters from people who have had simular fates as me, one guy got a fine for moving into a bus lane to let an ambulance pass him, the rules need to be clarified or people still wont know what to do

the best thing to do is get yourself over to pepipoo.com right NOW !!! register, go to the forums for speeding and other criminal offences, fill in the NIP wizard and post up exactly what happened - dont just link to the story on here.

then let some of the experts give u advice.

the best thing to do is get yourself over to pepipoo.com right NOW !!! register, go to the forums for speeding and other criminal offences, fill in the NIP wizard and post up exactly what happened - dont just link to the story on here.

then let some of the experts give u advice.

There isnt any expert advice that makes sence. I have spoken to ROSPA and some other "group of experts" from some casualty reduction group. Both " expert" groups quoted section 219 of the highway code, which as i have posted before is no help at all.

Legally what i get told is as follows "a red light means stop" added with " you should never go through a red light for any reason".

The only thing i know for certain is the police issued a statement saying i wont be getting charged with anything at this time the statement also thanked me for my assisting the police vehicle. The out line of the statement is what was printed in the press.

I personally have recieved nothing from no body of people saying anything, nothing in paper. As far as i am concerned, until I personaly hear one way or the other, its still on going. Lets put it this way,if i get "done" i will be going back to the press making the police look even more silly than they already do in this case.

There isnt any expert advice that makes sence. I have spoken to ROSPA and some other "group of experts" from some casualty reduction group. Both " expert" groups quoted section 219 of the highway code, which as i have posted before is no help at all.

Legally what i get told is as follows "a red light means stop" added with " you should never go through a red light for any reason".

You have quoted the expert advice and the law above...if the CPS decide not to prosecute you for the offence then just count yourself lucky. The police, unless things have changed recently, do not prosecute anyone. They merely decide whether or not to pass your case to the CPS for them to decide. Sometimes they decide that it may not be in the public interest to proceed or that there are mitigating circumstances.

You have quoted the expert advice and the law above...if the CPS decide not to prosecute you for the offence then just count yourself lucky. The police, unless things have changed recently, do not prosecute anyone. They merely decide whether or not to pass your case to the CPS for them to decide. Sometimes they decide that it may not be in the public interest to proceed or that there are mitigating circumstances.

"lucky for not getting prosecuted" everybody that i speak to says i will be unlucky if i do get prosecuted.

So your sticking to the letter of the law???

The diffrence between life and death can be as little as 3 minutes. Three minutes without a breathe can cause brain damage and brain death. Now imagine its your family waiting for the ambulance or the paramedic or even a first aid trained copper.

Would you still refuse to move to let the emergancy service vehicle through. Three points and a £60 fine ha ha i would do it again tomorow if this was the sinario.

Sorry if this sounds callous but I suspect the way most of us feel about modern Britain, the faceless civil "servants" and the performance of the police we would opt to not cross the red light no matter what. The way this driver has been treated backs us up does it not?

• 2 months later...
Sorry if this sounds callous but I suspect the way most of us feel about modern Britain, the faceless civil "servants" and the performance of the police we would opt to not cross the red light no matter what. The way this driver has been treated backs us up does it not?

Here's another scenario that happened to me recently. Was stationary at a red light controlling roadworks. There were a couple of cars ahead of me and it was pretty obvious that the traffic lights had gone wrong and were stuck on red. After sitting there for some time, at least 5 minutes at a guess, the first car decided to go through them and we all duly followed. I guess I was breaking the law, but what else could I have done other than trying to turn around and take a different route?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links