Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Isf - Top Gear

fake tail pipes? on a 50k car?

and you don't expect a bit of rubbishing?

c'mon......

They're not fake, only the chrome tips are not connected, but this is on the same on a £200k lambo but no one complains about that do they :whistling:

c'mon......

There are things you could choose not to like about the ISF, but fake tail-pipes isn't one of them - because as has often been covered before, they are not. The four pipes from the rear silencers poke into the larger trims on the rear bumper but are not clamped to them to avoid setting the bumper on fire etc.

The ISF and the M3 are both technically superb - just different and neither is really better. This is a terrific achievement for Lexus's first attempt at a car in that sector. It is true though, that the ISF doesn't appeal as much as the German marques to those who combine speed with bad driving.

c'mon......

They're not fake, only the chrome tips are not connected, but this is on the same on a £200k lambo but no one complains about that do they :whistling:

actually, i have the same gripe with lambo too. :)

i would hate to think that on a cold day or when i have just started my car up, and am stuck in traffic, that only 2 of the 4 exhaust trims were smoking....

and someone like me might come along and laugh and point at them!!!

c'mon......

i would hate to think that on a cold day or when i have just started my car up, and am stuck in traffic, that only 2 of the 4 exhaust trims were smoking....

Don't know about the Lambo, but all 4 exhausts steam on the ISF on a frosty morning, so people might wonder what you were laughing at.

Don't know about the Lambo, but all 4 exhausts steam on the ISF on a frosty morning, so people might wonder what you were laughing at.

Yep they're all pipes on both cars, even though the trims are not physically attached to the pipes, there are still actual pipes behind them so there would be smoke coming out of all of them.......well vapour, I hope there'd be no smoke coming out!

take the RS4, i wanted one so badly, and was prepared to part with nearly £30k to have one, except it was very dull to drive, and while fast, it never felt so. Whereas a E46 M3 CS at half the price was a lot more fun and certainly felt faster...

That's a surprise, I wanted an RS4 too, thought they were better than that!

nope, hugely dissapointing...

fast, but never felt it... just really numb and relaxing...

For reliability i dont think the M3 would last the test of time like the IS-F.

Same power but 1litre difference.

I think if the IS-F 5.0 is anything like the old LS400 V8's then IS-F's will still be going strong at 300k miles on their original engines.

If the new M3 is anything like the old M3's then owners can expect to need a new engine or at least serious repairs every 60k miles.

I almost bought an E36 M3 Cab at the beginning of the year, but the variable valve timing system is just simply pony. Its something that is gauranteed to fail at one point in the future.

If i had the money i wouldnt buy the IS-F, the M3 or the C63 AMG. I'd spend half the money and have a Vauxhall VXR8 Supersport any day of the week.

Simple supercharged large displacement 533bhp through a 6 speed manual to the rear. With the £30k i've saved i'd tune it up to an even 600bhp and probably still have £29k left over to go towards my mortgage :lol:

All i'd do is put some Holden Badges on it :D :lol:

For reliability i dont think the M3 would last the test of time like the IS-F.

Same power but 1litre difference.

I think if the IS-F 5.0 is anything like the old LS400 V8's then IS-F's will still be going strong at 300k miles on their original engines.

If the new M3 is anything like the old M3's then owners can expect to need a new engine or at least serious repairs every 60k miles.

I almost bought an E36 M3 Cab at the beginning of the year, but the variable valve timing system is just simply pony. Its something that is gauranteed to fail at one point in the future.

If i had the money i wouldnt buy the IS-F, the M3 or the C63 AMG. I'd spend half the money and have a Vauxhall VXR8 Supersport any day of the week.

Simple supercharged large displacement 533bhp through a 6 speed manual to the rear. With the £30k i've saved i'd tune it up to an even 600bhp and probably still have £29k left over to go towards my mortgage :lol:

All i'd do is put some Holden Badges on it :D :lol:

agreed :) although I would get the bathhurst edition and use the spare cash in respraying it without the stupid racing stripes :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links