Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Door Lock Problem *urgent Plz Help*

hi guys need some help please.

my gs300 developed problem today. passenger side front door does not lock any more

remote key, manual lock or with key nothing works.

with key key turns but lock doesnt click i mean it does not make click noise

if i hold key in anti clock wise position in lock position and try to open door , door does not open but if i let key go it doesnt stay in locking position..at the moment i just cant lock my door no matter what i do

its kinda hard to explain i dont know if that makes sense above ^^^

it doesnt even lock with key so im guessing its mechanical thing maybe broken wire or some thing

if i try to lock from inside same problem . i can press lock button/switch but it pops open again it doesnt stay in lock position....

any suggestions guys ???

i think im gona have to take it to lexus/toyota garage ?

cheers guys

hi guys need some help please.

my gs300 developed problem today. passenger side front door does not lock any more

remote key, manual lock or with key nothing works.

with key key turns but lock doesnt click i mean it does not make click noise

if i hold key in anti clock wise position in lock position and try to open door , door does not open but if i let key go it doesnt stay in locking position..at the moment i just cant lock my door no matter what i do

its kinda hard to explain i dont know if that makes sense above ^^^

it doesnt even lock with key so im guessing its mechanical thing maybe broken wire or some thing

if i try to lock from inside same problem . i can press lock button/switch but it pops open again it doesnt stay in lock position....

any suggestions guys ???

i think im gona have to take it to lexus/toyota garage ?

cheers guys

Dont panic it just sounds like the clip has come off the back of the barrel drop the door card off and check the lock is still linked to the barrel it is a small bar linking the barrel to the lock if this is still conected (at both ends) further investigation is needed. Although it should still work via the remote so could be the actuator but saying that one or the other should work so my guess is its a problem with the lock mec its self.

Hope this helps

i just checked it wire / cable looks ok so dont know whats wrong.

found some people recon its acutator but it should lock atleast using key or manual lock.

behind door card i found black box just above speaker on box it says ABS and 3 wires/plugs plug into it i noticed when i press lock button on fob this black box makes ticking noise...like tick tick ? any idea why ?

thanks

i just checked it wire / cable looks ok so dont know whats wrong.

found some people recon its acutator but it should lock atleast using key or manual lock.

behind door card i found black box just above speaker on box it says ABS and 3 wires/plugs plug into it i noticed when i press lock button on fob this black box makes ticking noise...like tick tick ? any idea why ?

thanks

Does the acutator make any noise at all when you use the remote or the door switch?????

It sounds like its a problem in the lock/latch its self can you remove it from the door ???

That range GS does have a problem with the actuators, I've got that in mine, just haven't gotten around to changing them :)

If you go on the US ClubLexus site there's a load of info over there and other ways they've gotten around it by using cheapo ones off eBay :)

Not 100% sure of the symptoms they get to be honest dude, my back passenger side door plays up in the cold and doesn't lock with the key, you just have to make sure it's flipped manually and it's ok then.

Weird as when it gets a bit warmer it works fine! Think it's just on the way out mate.

When you say manual lock do you mean you can't flip the switch from inside the car as if not it's definitely not the actuator mate?

When you say manual lock do you mean you can't flip the switch from inside the car as if not it's definitely not the actuator mate?

bingo yea i flip switch and it just pops out again ...yea its not fliping and doesnt stay in lock position