Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg Fuel Consumption?

jamle

hello guys and girls, search gave 0 results so thought id make new topic.

Ive heard the mpg on the is200 is comparitivly rubbish in relation to performance, but how bad is it really? ppl able to quote there mpg usgae and the driving area / style etc

car / mods made:

usage: town, mtorway etc

pedal behaviour: mashing it to the floor or gental drive, even a granny drive pace lol?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok roughly 50mpg according to the mpg needle... i get this driving out in the country roads doing the speed limit in 6th... i dont drive hard either... just coming fro a derv and still change gear round 3.5/4 on the rpm... dont need to thrash it cos it pulls real well....

i dont think this car will never see 50mpg even on the motorway for a very long distance using a feather to push the throttle down also the car would have to be on tow.(the mpg guage is far from 100%accurate.

depends how you drive mate and your comute ie town/country/motorway to get to my work its all town driving and sometimes i have a lead foot i've seen 20mpg but also i have seen 35mpg driving like a old man.

if you care about fuel consumption as most on here will say dont by a is200 but when you drive one/own one you wont care as it amazing to drive.

50mpg out of an IS200- not on your life mate!

Even the IS220d doesn't manage 50mpg!

I normally get 25-28mpg out of my manual IS200 from local driving. I can get 35mpg when on a motorway run. Expect the auto IS200 to be more heavy on the go-go juice.

As Ormi says the IS200 not for you if you are looking for economy.

i dont think this car will never see 50mpg ever well it might on the motorway for a very long distance using a feather to push the throttle down(the mpg guage is far from 100%accurate.

depends how you drive mate and your comute ie town/country/motorway to get to my work its all town driving and sometimes i have a lead foot i've seen 20mpg but also i have seen 35mpg driving like a old man.

if you care about fuel consumption as most on here will say dont by a is200 but when you drive one/own one you wont care as it amazing to drive.

woooooo hooooo.. I'm an old man!!!!!! lol :hehe:

hello guys and girls, search gave 0 results so thought id make new topic.

Ive heard the mpg on the is200 is comparitivly rubbish in relation to performance, but how bad is it really? ppl able to quote there mpg usgae and the driving area / style etc

car / mods made:

usage: town, mtorway etc

pedal behaviour: mashing it to the floor or gental drive, even a granny drive pace lol?

I've had mine for a couple of months and I seem to be averaging about 30MPG, which I don't think is too bad. I wonder what you get out of a 2 litre golf or focus, cant be much more and I know what I'd rather drive. I'm off to Sennen in Cornwall tomorrow from Sheffield which is 360 odd miles and I'm hoping to see 440 from a full tank. This will be comparable to my old 2.0TS Alfa 166 so if i can get that I'm happy.

no im not threating about the fuel cost ( ive been deciding against a 328 bmw which is far from economical either lol. just intresting to see some figures as i didnt have a clue just ppl poo poo'ing the is as usuall! my run to uni is 8 miles A road at constant 60, then like 10 miles motorway at a good 70 and then 7 miles of rubbish town driving! Another quick question the VVTI bit of these engines ive been told is similar (not as good obviously) as honda vtec idea that kicks in about 6k revs that true?

edit: i currently drive a 1.9 TD golf so personally as long as its about 30 mpg ill be happy as a cost to just smile at when im behind the wheel of an IS200 , by the way i cant wait till june when i get an is200!

no im not threating about the fuel cost ( ive been deciding against a 328 bmw which is far from economical either lol. just intresting to see some figures as i didnt have a clue just ppl poo poo'ing the is as usuall! my run to uni is 8 miles A road at constant 60, then like 10 miles motorway at a good 70 and then 7 miles of rubbish town driving! Another quick question the VVTI bit of these engines ive been told is similar (not as good obviously) as honda vtec idea that kicks in about 6k revs that true?

edit: i currently drive a 1.9 TD golf so personally as long as its about 30 mpg ill be happy as a cost to just smile at when im behind the wheel of an IS200 , by the way i cant wait till june when i get an is200!

bmw 328 is better on fuel than the 200(my friend runs one much faster too) on a run like that it'll be high 20's early 30's depending on traffic

i think i avg 35mpg but its mainly motorways a bit of town driving when getting into work. The most ive got out of the car is 450miles and then the emergency light pops up :) ive been testing a few things like filling half tank (30l) and its hitting 225miles no problem :)

yeh i know the 328 is faster but its a bmw and i dont want to be ANOTHER BLOODY bmw lol. i like the look and reaction from an is let alone how awesomely mean they look sideways :P

to be honest i'm not a lover of bmw it was just when you compaired mpg with the lex the bmw is better.

I think 30mpg is achievable in the manual on longer runs, but it's probably going to sit closer to around 25mpg - I only really get 20-21 mpg out of auto most of the time as I drive it pretty hard and mostly around town :)

cool thanks for that, just nice to know, when ur planning future stuff. if it concerned me that much i wouldnt pick a more un-economical and slower car lol, all my mates that drift have bmw's and after going out in daves yellow altezza, (i know different engine etc) but its just a nice car! and i love driving :D

cool thanks for that, just nice to know, when ur planning future stuff. if it concerned me that much i wouldnt pick a more un-economical and slower car lol, all my mates that drift have bmw's and after going out in daves yellow altezza, (i know different engine etc) but its just a nice car! and i love driving :D

just watch you dont rip the center clean out the duel mass flywheel.very expensive to fix.

hey there

if the right foot gets too trigger happy then the fuel certainly goes quick.

my daily commute is 90% motorway, on a full tank and (driving very conservatively) I can get almost 350 miles, if I remember correct.

ripping out anything let alone flywheels sounds expensive, due to lack to HUGE power im looking into fitting a hydro handbrake into the car only thing now is where to put it as unlike the bmw's etc i dont really want to be cutting the lexus centre console up as its going to be a bit more expensive...

Well every week i fill up and set me trip counter and i live in the country use fare bit of back lanes and i get about 35mpg thats driving not like i stole it nor like iam 157 years of age.

The most ive got out of my tank from full to empty was 523 miles but must say car not had any engine mods ( yet! )

But perhaps its just me but i love the is200 and iam not embarrest who sees me in it and what fuel i use so if people mock i look at what they drive and laugh cuz i found that the people that slate lexus just cant afford one and are jealous

ok for everyone having a go at me for saying about 50mpg... as i stated according to the mpg needle... so i honestly think there was no need to be sarcastic with responses was there.... ? oh and how does bout 110 miles to quarter of tank suit... is that a good enough explanation....? i have no idea if thats close to the 5ompg i stated but as said thats according to my needle in the mpg section.....

ok for everyone having a go at me for saying about 50mpg... as i stated according to the mpg needle... so i honestly think there was no need to be sarcastic with responses was there.... ? oh and how does bout 110 miles to quarter of tank suit... is that a good enough explanation....? i have no idea if thats close to the 5ompg i stated but as said thats according to my needle in the mpg section.....

no ones slating you, or having a go at you.

The petrol Gague and the mpg needle on the is200 are probably both wrong.

1 quater of a tank = 15£ ish in fuel, so 110 miles isnt to bad, and is dooable. especially if any dual carriageway or motorway driving is involved.

I used to be able to get good mileage for fuel on my is200 but then I didnt buy mine for fuel efficiancey, would I buy another one = YES.

Butpeople have to remmber, they cant have luxury and fuel eco at the same time with the is200. The is200 has a special way of being driven, in 5th the is200 is very happy doing 30mph.

Yeah 35mpg is do-able- but you need to be on a motorway run and you need to drive with a light right foot/like an old man. Also I find putting the IS200 into SNOW mode (think only the manual have this?) improves mpg as it makes the throttle less responsive.

If you are not bothered about mpg then drive like you stole it :whistling:

Yeah 35mpg is do-able- but you need to be on a motorway run and you need to drive with a light right foot/like an old man. Also I find putting the IS200 into SNOW mode (think only the manual have this?) improves mpg as it makes the throttle less responsive.

If you are not bothered about mpg then drive like you stole it :whistling:

Well, being the old fart that I am, and just back from doing 2.5K miles all over UK and France on holiday, I can say I did average around 38-40 mpg. Most driving on motorway or really quiet little French rural roads. I put a K&N filter in and stuck IK 20 plugs in, so, I wonder if my withered foot and the bits mentioned made a difference.. lol..

Col.

wow lol, im liking the lexus more and more hahah, so its more economical then bmw as they just reach 28 mpg ish and is NOT a cmoon car and looks like a lean mean fuel drinking beast (the is200 does look aggressive i think) with GOOD fuel read back, does the lexus have an on board computer to tell u mpg, and range etc?

does the lexus have an on board computer to tell u mpg, and range etc?

No on board computer thingy-me-bob, but the IS200 does have a mpg gauge just like the BMW's have a economy gauge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links