Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member (west Lothian) - 2000yr Is 200

S4J

Hi all,

My Father-in-law has just handed over his IS200 to the Mrs, which is great, however it's left to me to sort all it's issues out - not so great.

It's an IS200 Sport - 146,000 miles on the clock.

The first thing I did was get the oil & filter changed, brake fuild changed, the drivers side brake caliper replaced (was busted) and there is crack in the O2 sensor so I still need to get that sorted. Replaced the wheels (nothing special just 17" FOX FX5 Diamond Cut - didn't want to spend loads on it) as the stock ones were rusted all the way through to the metal.

The body work is in a state, taken pictures so i'll post them up so you can see - it's going to the body shop this week to get sorted.

Car has no service history but I know the timing belt was just done a couple of months back.

Should I be getting the spark plugs, transmission oil and diff oil changed too?

Would appreciate any advice on things to get checked on the car i.e known problems when they get this old and have so many miles on the clock.

Kind regards

Saj

Hi all,

My Father-in-law has just handed over his IS200 to the Mrs, which is great, however it's left to me to sort all it's issues out - not so great.

It's an IS200 Sport - 146,000 miles on the clock.

The first thing I did was get the oil & filter changed, brake fuild changed, the drivers side brake caliper replaced (was busted) and there is crack in the O2 sensor so I still need to get that sorted. Replaced the wheels (nothing special just 17" FOX FX5 Diamond Cut - didn't want to spend loads on it) as the stock ones were rusted all the way through to the metal.

The body work is in a state, taken pictures so i'll post them up so you can see - it's going to the body shop this week to get sorted.

Car has no service history but I know the timing belt was just done a couple of months back.

Should I be getting the spark plugs, transmission oil and diff oil changed too?

Would appreciate any advice on things to get checked on the car i.e known problems when they get this old and have so many miles on the clock.

Kind regards

Saj

to be honest mate theirs not a lot of issues even with higher milage cars.if you dont know the history i'd do all of the above,spark plugs,gear oil,diff oil.just get the usual checked wear and tear items pads disks,tyres,etc.i wish you many more trouble free motoring.

also welcome to the club mate.you'll find some good info on here also a lot of good peeps will help you out too.

only one bad thing about the club before i joined my car was going to stay standard, i joined and a year later well as you can see in my sig below its not standard no more. :lol:

to be honest mate theirs not a lot of issues even with higher milage cars.if you dont know the history i'd do all of the above,spark plugs,gear oil,diff oil.just get the usual checked wear and tear items pads disks,tyres,etc.i wish you many more trouble free motoring.

Cheers.

Here are some pictures -

One of the better looking wheels.

1_IMG_0317__Medium_.jpg

1_IMG_0318__Medium_.jpg

1_IMG_0319__Medium_.jpg

1_IMG_0320__Medium_.jpg

1_IMG_0321__Medium_.jpg

you'd be better looking for a new front bumper and poss a rear bumper in the same colour it would prob be cheaper as well.as for the wheels they will refurb easy for approx £40 per wheel.

ps did he win the stock car race? :lol::lol:

welcome to LOC mate.

i have a set of stock 17's if you want to buy them

they in perfet coniditon

Cheers for the offer - Wish I had found this forum earlier, would have bought them from you but I already bought a set wheels for the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links